PDA

View Full Version : Your thougths on Marauder replacement

V10_P70
03-12-2006, 09:04 PM
If you where to stay with a Ford 4-door sedan, ie CV, MM or Lincoln. How would the car be configured and at what price point?

STLR FN
03-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Are we talking current FLM products or future vehicles FLM should build?

V10_P70
03-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Staying with the current Panther platform.

STLR FN
03-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Staying with the current Panther platform.Ecch I pass. Unless a hopped up Vic comes about, I'll take the new Imp SS as a replacement. (Another flame suit is being put on.)

Hotrauder
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I probably need to suit up too. Ford does't have a performance full sized package now. I have had great luck and been very satisfied with the last 2 big Ford products and would be reluctant to change, however; the hot rod M/C packages is probably where I would go. I say that without ever having been in one, but what are the alternatives? The Mustang GT is a great car but 2 small for what we like but I quess that as a fun 2nd. car it would work. So that is where the choice would be I guess. Either full size Chrysler Corp or Mustang GT/Cobra. Dennis:cool:

TripleTransAm
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I can't see myself owning any other Panther than a Marauder. It's the small details that make it one of the most beautiful sedans I've ever laid eyes on... ever. (my top choice is still certain 1985-1986 Parisiennes, but only with very specific equipment choices).

Having driven Town Cars and CVs (no Marquis), there is no comparison in the experience.

If I could find a low mileage still-under-warranty black Canadian 2004 model, I'd probably trade up to that one in a heartbeat. However, they appear to be infinitely more rare up here, so I'm going to probably try my hand at a Dodge Magnum or Charger (Hemi, of course, non-SRT8) sometime before the coming winter. I've already begun the research (a bit early, yes, but I don't want to be victim to any blind brand loyalty).

de minimus
03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
If I was to great rid of the Marauder (God forbid) it would most definitely be a Lincoln Town Car. No muscle, just sheer luxury. Everytime I travel and rent a car I make sure I get one. Love that Lincoln!

usafsniper
03-13-2006, 02:53 AM
If you where to stay with a Ford 4-door sedan, ie CV, MM or Lincoln. How would the car be configured and at what price point?

If the Marauder were to undergo a transformation to compete with the new Impala SS, I'd grab one in a heart beat. Stipulations would have to be that FLM take the collective experience from the people of this community and make the changes/upgrades we've all come to agree should have been there from the factory. Only point, I'd put the whole Shelby GT500 power plant in it, and plan the rest around it. Oh, and make a hood that looks like it should be on a muscle car...nothing dramatic...subtle, but inspiring. Beyond that...I love the car the way it is.

SergntMac
03-13-2006, 03:59 AM
I'll prolly go through a few different VINs, but I won't own, or drive anything but a Marauder. Just this past saturday, I was looking at another 300A with Zack.

By the time I run through my options, I won't be driving anymore. Just hope someone figures out a way to get me into my Marauder for that last ride...

FordNut
03-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately Ford doesn't offer anthing in their new car lineup that I'm interested in. I waited 15 years between models that I liked before the Marauder came out. Maybe I'll have to wait that long again? Just hope I don't have to find a replacement anytime soon.

ckadiddle
03-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Town Car for the sheer luxury and soft ride. Sometimes I have occaision to drive a friend's 1998 Town Car and it is still smoooooooooth.

mclemore102
03-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Well as for me i need something with some room for my family. So i guess if i didn't have the marauder i would have a 02 or 03 Harley F150. It has alot of room and it's factory supercharged.:D Or Logan's ride

DefyantExWife
03-13-2006, 08:08 AM
I would like to replace mine with a pretty PT Cruiser with flames painted and a sunroof. Maybe the PT cruiser could be in a sparkly lilac color and the flames in a deeper grape sparkly color. Yeah.

MENINBLK
03-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I would like to replace mine with a pretty PT Cruiser with flames painted and a sunroof. Maybe the PT cruiser could be in a sparkly lilac color and the flames in a deeper grape sparkly color. Yeah.

eeeewwwww :eek:

For me, there is no replacement for the Marauder.
ITS A BIG, ROOMY, FULL-SIZED HOT ROD.

No one else makes/made a car like this.

If I were to look for a replacement, it would either
be another Marauder, or a 95/96 Impala SS.
I haven't seen anything come close to what we have now.

DefyantExWife
03-13-2006, 08:21 AM
eeeewwwww :eek:

:razz: .

DEFYANT
03-13-2006, 08:27 AM

:eek: :shake: :rolleyes:

:lol:

Imagine that.

:banned:

DefyantExWife
03-13-2006, 08:36 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/TAPSSMILEYS/bop.gif .

Hotrauder
03-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Dayam, you guys crack me up. I wish you were still coming to Sebring. Dennis:beer:

DEFYANT
03-13-2006, 08:42 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/TAPSSMILEYS/bop.gif .

:fishslap:.

DefyantExWife
03-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Dayam, you guys crack me up. I wish you were still coming to Sebring. Dennis:beer:

maybe the thing in November, you going to that one too?

Hotrauder
03-13-2006, 08:52 AM
maybe the thing in November, you going to that one too?

You bet, sweetheart-altho Penny may have other ideas concerning my longevity.:eek: Bury me in my Marauder on the lone prarrie(how the hell is it spelled/) in that field somewhere in the middle of Oklahoma:D near the anus of the universe. Dennis

Dutch
03-18-2006, 10:14 AM
For me, there is no replacement for the Marauder.
ITS A BIG, ROOMY, FULL-SIZED HOT ROD.

No one else makes/made a car like this.

I haven't seen anything come close to what we have now.

You should take a look at the Charger/Magnum/300. They are the closest thing to the Marauder. They don't quite have the perfect muscle car seat positioning or exhaust sound the Marauder has, but they do have way more power and tremendous potential.

Just because the LX cars are shorter overall than the Marauder doesn't mean they're small cars. The back seat in one will dwarf the Marauder in leg room.

I really wanted a Marauder, but after driving the new Charger I quickly decided that it was much more modern, much better packaged, and simply a better car than the Marauder. The Panther platform is a very solid platform, but time has finally passed it by.

Marauder386
03-18-2006, 10:20 AM

UHmmm...Sweetheart....Dearest. ..shall I put some wood panels on it too for Thee ? :D :D :D

:coolman:

dwasson
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I'd either be at the Chrysler dealer or looking at one of the big Japanese coupes.

wsmylie
03-18-2006, 10:46 AM
By the time I run through my options, I won't be driving anymore. Just hope someone figures out a way to get me into my Marauder for that last ride...[/quote/sgt mac]

Reminds me of that movie from early eighties "Used Cars" where they bury the sleazy used car store guy under the lot in his prized Edsel:D.

Smokie
03-18-2006, 11:05 AM

I have owned a 1967 Ford LTD, 1975 Ford LTD, 1995 Crown Vic, 2003 MM. I'm in my 50's....do the math...:D Panther until death.:D

RoyLPita
03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
If the CVPI gets the 3 valve v8, maybe I'll order one to my specs. It will be my 1st new car.

ADE 1000
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Unfortunetly, Ford no longer makes a sedan that interests me. The only Ford products I could see in my future are a GT500, a Powerstroke Superduty, or a GT (in my dreams). It would be nice if Ford would invest in a modern RWD sedan platform. They had the right idea with the DEW98 (Lincoln LS) platform, but its a shame they let it die. I love Panther cars, but the platform is too archaic to be competitive in the premium price class. The most recent evolution of this platform is certainly the zenith of body on frame technology. However, I don't see any reason to attempt to take it upmarket again. It makes for a great cop car or $21K Grand Marquis, but does not have the refinement to compete at $35K+.

When it comes time to replace the Marauder, it will either be a Cadillac (CTS-V, STS V8 or STS-V) or the upcoming Camaro. I am not sure if I could ever bring myself to buy a Daimlier Chrysler product, but the Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is also very tempting.

jgc61sr2002
03-18-2006, 05:01 PM
IMO the Marauder is the only way to go.:D

Blackened300a
03-19-2006, 08:56 AM
IMO the Marauder is the only way to go.:D

I agree, but if the Marauder is lost and there are no worthy replacements then I may be looking into a Lincoln Zephyr, or maybe a Charger SRT/8 if I came into some cash.
Im not big on Dodge but a 4dr running 12's from the factory is worth taking a look at.

TripleTransAm
03-19-2006, 09:11 AM
When it comes time to replace the Marauder, it will either be a Cadillac (CTS-V, STS V8 or STS-V) or the upcoming Camaro. I am not sure if I could ever bring myself to buy a Daimlier Chrysler product, but the Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is also very tempting.

I don't think I'd be risking my money on a GM product anytime soon, with the financial woes. Considering the way Daimler Chrysler has been making money lately (a loss turned into a huge profit because of the success of the LX cars), the chances of happier suppliers and workers are higher within DCX so the chances of getting a better car are greater.

ADE 1000
03-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't think I'd be risking my money on a GM product anytime soon, with the financial woes. Considering the way Daimler Chrysler has been making money lately (a loss turned into a huge profit because of the success of the LX cars), the chances of happier suppliers and workers are higher within DCX so the chances of getting a better car are greater.

GM's financial status does not concern me enough to warrant buying a car I do not like. I have always favored Ford and GM products and will continue to. GM is in trouble and they will have to make changes. However, I am confident they are not going anywhere. I don't believe that the financial uncertainty will translate directly into poor quality from suppliers or workers. I work for a tier 1 supplier and the recent news surely has not changed the way myself or my co-workers do things. In my first hand experience with Mercedes Benz and Chrysler products, I have not been impressed with thier quality or reliability to begin with.

The specifications and pricing of the LX cars make me drool, but I find them lacking everytime I drive them. My brother has a Magnum that I drive often. It feels as soft as a Grand Marquis and the school bus sized steering wheel makes the car feel slow and awkward. The factory Goodyear and Continental tires that come with these cars are horrific and due to their odd sizing, decent replacements are not available. The fit and finish is barely acceptable and the the car has been in for several warranty repairs. None of my comments apply to the SRT-8 (except for the huge steering wheel). I'll have to drive one this summer to see if it changes my opinion.

03MERCMARAUDER
03-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I would look into a five hundred or a montego, then go and get the S/C kit that I
ssw on trilogy's site. Wouldnt be as cool as the rauder but would still definetly be fun

Joe

rayjay
03-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Not in the market, but that new Hyundia Azera and Buick Lucern (sp?) look interesting, not for performance, but comfort and features for the money.

wsmylie
03-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Would have to stick with "big three"/North American built iron of some kind.... probably (reluctantly) one of the larger Mopar hotrods I guess.:)

mmson
03-19-2006, 10:34 AM
2006 Impala SS or if $ is no object 300 SRT 8

rayjay
03-19-2006, 11:52 AM
2006 Impala SS or if $ is no object 300 SRT 8

After driving Impala police cars for a couple years, thats the absolute last vehicle I would consider.

not5-0
03-19-2006, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't consider pre 06 Impalas and having test driven the 06 I found it to be alot of car for the money. The SS version is a far better car that Impala police vehicles IMO.

GreekGod
03-19-2006, 03:02 PM
A 2007 CVPI with a 300hp 3 valve sounds interesting! How about a Black 2007 300hp 3V CV Sport?

I drove my brothers 1980 (302) Town Car when still new and preferred it to his Acura NSX. When I read Roush was putting FI 460's in the early 80's Town Cars, I always thought that would be the ultimate Panther. I suppose it still would be but a supercharged 2007 4.6 would also be a real sleeper!

[quote]"I have owned a 1967 Ford LTD, 1975 Ford LTD, 1995 Crown Vic, 2003 MM. I'm in my 50's....do the math...:D Panther until death."

My history includes '62, 61, 66, and '85 big Fords and my '03 MM so I guess my age and preference is similar.

jefferson-mo
03-20-2006, 04:06 PM

Hey Scott good to see you're still around..............

we just got a new(06) Magnum and I believe this is what the Marauder shoulda been...............

340 HP and nearly 400 lb/ft of torque, this thing hauls a$$ right out of the box

As far as fit & finish, quality of materials, our car is fabulous!

Very pleased with this purchase

I(not her) would rather have gotten a SRT-8 but $8,000 more was too much