PDA

View Full Version : a shot of Adrenalin, after all...?

marauder307
03-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Hullo folks...was picking up some parts at Honolulu Ford today, and caught
this parked on the new car line directly in front of me.

Got out and looked it over...Hono Ford's selling Adrenalines! Or at least something kinda made up like one. I apologize for the lousy image quality; shot this with the cellphone camera. The small and pretty much unreadable script badge on the lower right corner of the tailgate says "Adrenaline", and the script treatment is repeated on the headrests of the front bucket seats.
Otherwise this is nothing more than a tarted-up Sport Trac XLT.

They've got 3 of these on the lot. This was the best-looking one of the bunch.

Warpath
03-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Its just a trim package with a louder stereo system.

See the column on the right.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/explorersporttrac/features/

DEFYANT
03-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Ford scrapped the performance upgrades. It was supposed to have the 03/04 cobra S/C'd 4.6

MikesMerc
03-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Not an SVT product either :(

They took the SVT idea, nuetered it to be void of all things worthwhile, and created an appearance package.

Sad:(

Bowman9
03-17-2006, 04:48 PM
That sucks that they dropped the performance part of the "Adrenaline".
I kind of liked the fender vents the prototype/show car had.
I was thinking of adding them to my Marauder like what Big Joe P did to his.

Logan
03-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Warpath
03-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Its just a trim package with a louder stereo system.

See the column on the right.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/explorersporttrac/features/

This isn't the concept with all the fun stuff removed. I believe this package came out long before the concept was unvieled. The website shows it as a 2005 model year package and I think it has been around for longer than that. There was a similar package on the Ranger called "Tremor." Its just unfortunate that Ford used the same name for the concept.

STLR FN
03-19-2006, 12:27 PM
This isn't the concept with all the fun stuff removed. I believe this package came out long before the concept was unvieled. The website shows it as a 2005 model year package and I think it has been around for longer than that. There was a similar package on the Ranger called "Tremor." Its just unfortunate that Ford used the same name for the concept.Yes you are correct sir, as well as Mike, it's just an appearance package based off the current '01-'05 MY Sport Trak, which in itself is based off the current Ranger platform.

The new '06 SVT Adrenaline is/was based off the new Exploder.