PDA

View Full Version : Accufab Throttle Body Group Buy

Todd
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
This group buy is complete. Thank you all for getting in on it.

Todd

TO GET IN ON THE GROUP BUY, JUST PM ME SO I CAN KEEP TRACK OF EVERYONE..........

I wanted to post a new thread for this group buy.

Here is a link to the old thread. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25366

Here is my post with the details on the group buy...

By the way, there are already 4 sold including mine.

I was working with Marc to get this group buy going and at a better price.

I have negotiated the price down to $319 shipped. And I got the merchant to order enough to hopefully have them in stock for anyone who wants one.

Ready to ship as of today...!!!!

The merchant is a place I have been going to for years. And has been in business for 30 years. Since this is a group buy and this merchant isnt a retailer here I am not putting their name out but most here would have heard of them if you are into Ford high performance stuff....

They are available to ship today. Payment would be made to me by Paypal or US Postal Money Order only. They will be able to ship them out as the orders come in instead of waiting for the entire group of 10+ to get the money together. This saves everyone time and gets it in your hands quicker. If paying by paypal please add the 3% fee plus $.50 for the transaction which are as you know, charged by paypal and not avoidable. So the Paypal total would be $329.07 if I did that correctly.

I am taking responsibility to guarantee the minimum of 10 get ordered. So if there are any left I am going to handle selling them to some other groups I know. But with the initial interest I saw in this thread I dont think it will be an issue with us selling 10 on our own.

Please pm me to confirm your order and work out payment details.

Also, please pm me with any questions about the process. I do not have answers about the product other than it is in stock and ready to ship. And that it will fit our cars. I will be putting mine on this weekend.

PLEASE PLAN ON HAVING YOUR PAYMENT IN BY APRIL 8TH. Thats 2 1/2 weeks. Again, this will move a little quicker since they are in stock as I type this.
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Here are some pictures from mine that I picked up a lunch today. This is the best looking throttle body I have ever seen. Ever.... It looks like chrome in person.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0933.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0934.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0935.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0936.JPG

natedog1284
03-22-2006, 04:44 PM
oooooo..... That's almost shiny enough to match my new emblems and badges! Well, you guys did it to me again, I think I want one. I'll see if I can get you paid by April 8th or sooner. Thanks Todd and Marc, you guys are awesome! :beer:

Joe Walsh
03-22-2006, 05:07 PM
I think that this mod will be part of my "12 second solution".
'merc' and I were talking about a group buy for the Accufab TB at last weekend's CAM meet.

Count me in!

gonzo50
03-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Is this a direct replacement for the stock unit, specifically for a N/A Marauder, or does it need to be installed with a custom tune ???:confused:

merc
03-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok I am in, what next.

Todd
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Is this a direct replacement for the stock unit, specifically for a N/A Marauder, or does it need to be installed with a custom tune ???:confused:

I am not a tuner so take what I say with a grain of salt. But based on my experience you dont NEED a tune but to get the most benefit you SHOULD get a tune. It is a factory replacement.

Todd
03-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok I am in, what next.

Just pm me and let me know whether you want to pay by paypal or United States Postal money order.

I will give you either my paypal address or my house address depending on how you want to pay.

The day I get the money or worst case the day after, depending on when I get the payment, your throttle body will ship. At least for the first 15 people including me. If we need more the shop will place another order and that will take about 3 days. At least thats how long it took this shipment.

Todd
03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
I think that this mod will be part of my "12 second solution".
'merc' and I were talking about a group buy for the Accufab TB at last weekend's CAM meet.

Count me in!

Congrats on the 2000'th post...!!!!!!!

Just pm me with paypal or MO as payment method. I will respond accordingly as I said in the above post.

You will LOVE this part.... The pictures do it NO justice!!!!

Joe Walsh
03-22-2006, 05:39 PM

Just pm me with paypal or MO as payment method. I will respond accordingly as I said in the above post.

I'm leaning towards the Postal Money Order to save the $$$...I'll let you know by 'PM'.
This will give a whole new meaning to: "Going Postal!"

P.S. I knew I was close to 2000, but I totally missed it until your post.:banana:

jim geary
03-22-2006, 05:42 PM

Would you want to have a mod like this if you are already s/c?

fastblackmerc
03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Any way to get a single blade Accufab TB as part of the group buy?

Todd
03-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Would you want to have a mod like this if you are already s/c?

I am turbocharged now and it will make more of a difference on charged applications than naturally aspirated...

Todd
03-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Any way to get a single blade Accufab TB as part of the group buy?

Not at this time. It would take another 10+ pieces and I am not sure there are that many that want to make the mods to run a single blad or Trilogy guys that want the single blade. But I will ask if there is a way to get one at a better price.

If I can do something I will pm you.....

txmarauder
03-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I am turbocharged now and it will make more of a difference on charged applications than naturally aspirated...

I would suggest the single blade for trilogy cars since it is a bolt on for them and flow more air for little more $.

rayjay
03-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Todd, did the throttle body come with the directions for tweaking the TPS?

schuvwj
03-22-2006, 08:40 PM
TO GET IN ON THE GROUP BUY, JUST PM ME SO I CAN KEEP TRACK OF EVERYONE..........

I wanted to post a new thread for this group buy.

Here is a link to the old thread. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25366

Here is my post with the details on the group buy...

By the way, there are already 4 sold including mine.

Here are some pictures from mine that I picked up a lunch today. This is the best looking throttle body I have ever seen. Ever.... It looks like chrome in person.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0933.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0934.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0935.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/IMG_0936.JPG

Looks great but what are the HP gains with or without a tune?
Bling is fine but it would be nice to know what by butt will feel.

Todd
03-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Todd, did the throttle body come with the directions for tweaking the TPS?

There were no instructions in the box. There is a little bag with 2 screws for the TPS and a note saying not to adjust the screws on the throttle body itself. And that the idle can only be adjusted by the TPS.

I would have thought you would want to adjust the idle by software tuning. My Xcal2 allows idle adjustment.

I know with fox body mustangs (which is what I know most about) there was a specific tps voltage to maintain to allow the computer to differentiate idle mode versus other modes. I would assume our cars are the same.....

If anyone else knows more please elaborate....

Todd
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Looks great but what are the HP gains with or without a tune?
Bling is fine but it would be nice to know what by butt will feel.

If you go to the other thread I referenced at the top of this thread you can see what has been claimed so far. 5-10hp naturally aspirated. Plus everyone says they provide better throttle response.

I have heard much more on a charged application, but I dont know for sure. So I will leave it for others to say.

I like bling. And it only makes sense that if it is a smoother, larger opening I will get more air to my motor. And being turbo'd I really dont need more power or torque cause I can just hit a few buttons on the electronic boost controller to get all I want by upping the boost.... But the better throttle response sounds good.

thePunisher
03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
well anything over 1 volt the pcm usually recognizes as part throttle. so basically anything under .98v at idle is fine. dont know how you would adjust idle by tps though...that doesnt sound right....

rayjay
03-22-2006, 09:12 PM
well anything over 1 volt the pcm usually recognizes as part throttle. so basically anything under .98v at idle is fine. dont know how you would adjust idle by tps though...that doesnt sound right....

The directions are on Accufab's site. I believe your numbers are correct. As for throttle response, when I replaced the TB on my Focus, there was a night and day difference, big :D factor.

TheDonk
03-23-2006, 05:21 AM
PM sent!!!!

Todd
03-23-2006, 05:25 AM

What I am guessing them mean is to make sure the tps is adjusted to the correct voltage. Not to high or to low which would cause a change in idle as well...

But if anyone wants to clarify, please call Accufab.

SergntMac
03-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Todd...I don't PM. Please post your paypal address, or send it to me vie SergntMac@aol.com. Thanks.

fastblackmerc
03-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Not at this time. It would take another 10+ pieces and I am not sure there are that many that want to make the mods to run a single blad or Trilogy guys that want the single blade. But I will ask if there is a way to get one at a better price.

If I can do something I will pm you.....
Thank you sir....:beer:

Todd
03-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Todd...I don't PM. Please post your paypal address, or send it to me vie SergntMac@aol.com. Thanks.

Email sent.

Todd
03-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Thank you sir....:beer:

No problem. I will let you know asap if I can do anything.

Marauder
03-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Are these plug-n-play out of the box?

I remember reading somewhere that some aftermarket TB's needed a spacer because the would touch the inner ports of the intake at WOT.

But I am interested.

Todd
03-23-2006, 07:31 AM

I remember reading somewhere that some aftermarket TB's needed a spacer because the would touch the inner ports of the intake at WOT.

But I am interested.

This one, as you can see from the picture, is a twin bore design which wouldnt hit the intake.

If it were a single blade it would hit and you would have to grind away part of the intake to make it fit.

These are plug and play. I should have mine on this weekend if my php spacer comes in and I will post pics.

rayjay
03-23-2006, 07:37 AM

But I am interested.

This unit is plug and play, designed for the 03-04 Mach 1, same engine as in the MM.

DefyantExWife
03-23-2006, 07:52 AM
:nono: .

Todd
03-23-2006, 03:48 PM
List so far....

Todd (me) PAID and picked up already
Merc PAID Shipped
Fourth Horseman PAID Shipped
The Donk PAID Shipped
rayjay PAID Shipped
magindat PAID shipped
Sergntmac PAID shipped
ernie PAID
natedog1284 Paid Shipped
Joe Walsh paid Shipped
Marauder Paid Shipped
Dirtydog Paid Shipped
Gonzo50 Paid Shipped

SergntMac
03-23-2006, 05:18 PM
SergntMac's PayPal confirmed at this end.

And congrats, Todd...You're doing better in this GB than I am with the Zack and Mac control arms.

Todd
03-23-2006, 05:29 PM
SergntMac's PayPal confirmed at this end.

And congrats, Todd...You're doing better in this GB than I am with the Zack and Mac control arms.

Thanks Mac.

And if I didnt already have your control arms I would buyt hem now... They are working out great on my car....!!!!!!

jimlam56
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks Mac.

And if I didnt already have your control arms I would buyt hem now... They are working out great on my car....!!!!!!
Todd's Turbo Marauder is where I first saw the Z&M CAs...I want my own set!

Todd
03-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I got mine installed this weekend. It went in like a glove.

It took a little longer that I thought because I pulled the upper intake off, bead blasted it, and powder coated it....

It makes a decent difference in throttle 'ramp rate' or throttle response. Power seems slightly improved but I cant say for sure. It's hard to tell 5-10 hp when you are at about 450hp and over 500ft lbs tq. But I turned my boost down by 1 pound (from 9 to 8) and loose traction now at speeds where I didnt before. Maybe a coincedence, maybe not.

I will take a few pics tonight and post here. I will also update the list of people in on this group buy with their status.

LVMarauder
03-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I dont mean to rain on anyones parade and I hope im wrong, but isnt this a 60mm twin TB? And isnt there already a 65mm Twin TB on the market? Please tell me im wrong.

Marauder
03-30-2006, 01:11 AM
I dont mean to rain on anyones parade and I hope im wrong, but isnt this a 60mm twin TB? And isnt there already a 65mm Twin TB on the market? Please tell me im wrong.

I believe there is a twin 65mm but I 'think' this is the one where the butterflies hit the inside of the intake at WOT unless you put a spacer.

Now someone correct be if I'm worng. :)

rayjay
03-30-2006, 03:29 AM

The OEM is 57mm, with internals of 60mm behind the TB. I would suspect a 65mm TB would require modifying the intake.

BruteForce
03-30-2006, 09:19 AM
The OEM is 57mm, with internals of 60mm behind the TB. I would suspect a 65mm TB would require modifying the intake.

Nope. Twin bore 65mm fits just fine. The difference between a 60mm & 65mm would be nil as the extra 5mm of the 65 would be lost due to the intake 'hole" only being 60mm. Both 60mm & 65mm TBs would gain 3mm of extra air path. HP gains are negligible on an N/A car so its more a bling thing as well as any change in throttle 'feel" due to differences in throttle linkage mechanisms.

merc
03-30-2006, 10:53 AM
You may find some good information in this tread

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47373

LVMarauder
03-30-2006, 11:04 AM
thanks for clearing that up!

rayjay
03-30-2006, 01:57 PM
You may find some good information in this tread

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47373

Thanks Merc, thats in line with what Accufab quoted someone here when they asked. Also, when I was dyno tuned last summer, my major gains in HP/TQ were in the midrange, not peak, as the Accufab's seems to be by his dyno graph. Waiting on mine and spring to arrive.

Fourth Horseman
04-01-2006, 07:21 PM
The AccuFab throttle body install went smooth as can be. The weather was lousy here today so I haven't had a chance to get out and really run with it, just did an around-the-block drive to make sure it all worked ok. Sure looks pretty. Kind of a shame to cover it up with the air intake tube.

Pics:
Side by side (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2615&c=3&userid=48)
Installed (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2616&c=3&userid=48)

rayjay
04-01-2006, 07:29 PM
[quote=Fourth Horseman]The AccuFab throttle body install went smooth as can be. The weather was lousy here today so I haven't had a chance to get out and really run with it, just did an around-the-block drive to make sure it all worked ok. Sure looks pretty. Kind of a shame to cover it up with the air intake tube.

Pics:
Side by side (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2615&c=3&userid=48)
Installed (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=2616&c=3&userid=48)[/quote

Ooh, pretty. <!-- / message --> Are the small holes on the inside of the TB for idle air? Now where is that Brown truck?

Fourth Horseman
04-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Ooh, pretty. <!-- / message --> Are the small holes on the inside of the TB for idle air?

Yessir, exactly.

merc
04-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Very Nice Fourth Horseman.:banana: Please send me a P.M with details. I hope to be installing my Accufab next weekend.

Marauder386
04-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Hmmm...one...or two...Hmmm...

:coolman:

Todd
04-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Hmmm...one...or two...Hmmm...

:coolman:

There are a few left. The group buy officially ends on the 8th of April. So 5 more days.

If you want one or more let me know. I can have them shipped the same day as payment is received.

Marauder
04-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Mine came last Friday.

:banana2:

rayjay
04-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Mine came last Friday.

Mine came today. Beautifully made piece! Waiting on a new S&B powerstack air filter for my PHP/JLT hybrid, and good weather, snow tomorrow and Wednesday at higher elevations. Guess where I live... Theres a reason my snows are still on. :rolleyes:

Joe Walsh
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
I received mine last week...:banana: ....as others have said: It is too nice to be covered by the intake elbow!
I'm hoping that this piece of the puzzle will help me towards the N/A '12 second solution'.

merc
04-03-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm hoping that this piece of the puzzle will help me towards the N/A '12 second solution'.

No, it will not help you Joe. You should donate the Accufab to me.:D

Joe Walsh
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
No, it will not help you Joe. You should donate the Accufab to me.:D

Did I tell you what Tire Rack dropped on my front porch last Wednesday?:D

I'm going racing on Sunday if I have time to mount 'them' on my 16" steelies, and bolt on that shiny Accufab.

gonzo50
04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
I want in on the Group Buy, sent my PM to Todd but don't know how to initiate payment thru Pay-Pal, do I go to some Pay-Pal site or something ?:confused:

gonzo50
04-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I want in on the Group Buy, sent my PM to Todd but don't know how to initiate payment thru Pay-Pal, do I go to some Pay-Pal site or something ?:confused:
All done, TB paid for and being shipped.....Thanks Todd:beer:

Marauder
04-05-2006, 06:17 AM
How long did the install take? Looks straight forward but want to know how much time to budget.

SergntMac
04-05-2006, 08:42 AM
How long did the install take? Looks straight forward but want to know how much time to budget. If you're mechanically inclined, i.e. know enough under the hood stuff to change your own oil, spark plugs and thermostat, about 1/2 an hour.

A second helping of thanks to Todd and the folks at Racer Walsh. My first TB arrived just short of a week after my order, but it wasn't right. Looked like it took a hit at the factory before it went into the box. A few calls and five days later, I got my replacement and sent the damaged TB back. Great customer service, a tip of my hat to Todd and friends.

Todd
04-05-2006, 10:59 AM
If you're mechanically inclined, i.e. know enough under the hood stuff to change your own oil, spark plugs and thermostat, about 1/2 an hour.

A second helping of thanks to Todd and the folks at Racer Walsh. My first TB arrived just short of a week after my order, but it wasn't right. Looked like it took a hit at the factory before it went into the box. A few calls and five days later, I got my replacement and sent the damaged TB back. Great customer service, a tip of my hat to Todd and friends.

You're welcome... glad it worked out in the end.

PS I called you back that morning after your call but got no voice mail or answer. All is well!

Fourth Horseman
04-05-2006, 02:14 PM
One interesting thing I've noticed since installing the new Accufab throttle body: when I start the car up when it's cold I get a lot more noise back through the intake and out of the K&N filter. At first I thought I had a belt squealing, but when I opened the hood and listened closely I could tell it's clearly coming back out through the K&N conical filter. This noise fades and almost totally goes away after about 20 to 30 seconds.

Anybody else notice this?

gonzo50
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
One interesting thing I've noticed since installing the new Accufab throttle body: when I start the car up when it's cold I get a lot more noise back through the intake and out of the K&N filter.

This noise fades and almost totally goes away after about 20 to 30 seconds.
Anybody else notice this?
Is this a good thing or a not so good thing....???:confused:

Fourth Horseman
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM

Well, considering I thought it was a slipping belt, I'd say no it's not a good sound. :) Fortunately, it only lasts 20 to 30 seconds after a cold start. I'm just a bit puzzled by it though.

Todd
04-05-2006, 07:09 PM

I havent noticed any increased noise.

As long as his is installed correctly then there should be no issue at all. The new unit has all the same air passages as the stock unit.

Fourth Horseman
04-06-2006, 08:54 AM
I havent noticed any increased noise.

As long as his is installed correctly then there should be no issue at all. The new unit has all the same air passages as the stock unit.

I'm going to pull it this weekend and double check everything, but honestly don't see how I could have screwed anything up. There's nothing to screw up. I'm puzzled. :confused: It's also possible I've got something else going on with the engine and the timing is just a coincidence. If I can't figure out the noise I'll put the stock TB back on and see what happens.

Todd
04-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm going to pull it this weekend and double check everything, but honestly don't see how I could have screwed anything up. There's nothing to screw up. I'm puzzled. :confused: It's also possible I've got something else going on with the engine and the timing is just a coincidence. If I can't figure out the noise I'll put the stock TB back on and see what happens.

Obviously post back here when you determine what it is. I am curious now as well.

Like you said, the thing is simple.. Not much to screw up at all. I would check the IAC motor is installed correctly and working properly. Not sure how to test it but maybe the 20 seconds is the motor getting that little bit extra air to raise the idle on warm up. So maybe something with the IAC.

I reinstalled my stock IAC with original gasket and no increased noise. Could yours be leaking or something?

When you say sounds like a belt slipping, do you mean that horrible screeching noise they make..???

Fourth Horseman
04-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Obviously post back here when you determine what it is. I am curious now as well.

Like you said, the thing is simple.. Not much to screw up at all. I would check the IAC motor is installed correctly and working properly. Not sure how to test it but maybe the 20 seconds is the motor getting that little bit extra air to raise the idle on warm up. So maybe something with the IAC.

I reinstalled my stock IAC with original gasket and no increased noise. Could yours be leaking or something?

When you say sounds like a belt slipping, do you mean that horrible screeching noise they make..???

Well, it sounds like a squealing noise. Like possibly the very early onset of belt squeal. That's what I thought it was at first. It's loud enough that in the garage you can hear it very plainly when you start the car, even with the windows up. So I quickly got out and popped the hood and was able to locate the noise as coming back through the filter. I listened around the throttle body itself and could not hear it there. I also felt around to see if I could feel air leaking in around it, like maybe I screwed up the gasket or something, but could not detect any leaks.

I guess it could be an IAC issue, but I did not disturb it when I changed the TB. Not that I was aware of anyway. In any event, the TB is running great and I don't notice any odd behavior with the engine apart from the start up noise. I'll dig into it this weekend and report back what I find.

TheDonk
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Just to let you know you're not alone. I opened the hood this morning
for it's startup and heard the same whistle thru my CAI.
Lasted about 30 secs and then quieted down. Very interesting.:confused:
Mike

DirtyDog
04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
What is IAC?

Todd
04-06-2006, 06:43 PM
What is IAC?

Idle Air Control... The little motor on the side of the intake near the throttle body.

Fourth Horseman
04-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Just to let you know you're not alone. I opened the hood this morning
for it's startup and heard the same whistle thru my CAI.
Lasted about 30 secs and then quieted down. Very interesting.:confused:
Mike

Aha! So I'm not crazy after all. Well, maybe I am, but at least I'm not alone on this. Thanks for confirming that. What are you thoughts on why some of us see this and others don't? Did you use the new gasket that came with the TB, or did you re-use the old gasket that came with the car?

At this point I really don't have a clue what it could be other than possibly an Idle Air Control (IAC) valve issue as Todd suggested. Do you guys think it'd be worth my time and money to just replace the IAC valve as a test? I remember reading some time ago that these can get clogged with gunk, presumbly just as the throttle body butterfly blades get gunked up from the crank case breather tube. Maybe those of us with the whistle have partially clogged IAC paths? Could that cause air to bleed bast the main TB butterflies as the engine pulls for air? Or am I way off base on this theory?

rayjay
04-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Idle air holes in Accufab TB making the noise?

TheDonk
04-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Idle air holes in Accufab TB making the noise?

What he said. (That's my thought)
I used the new gasket, and torqued everything to spec.
Considering we're reusing the IAC sensor which was working fine,
and it is hard to screw something up just transferring an item by
changing two screws I doubt that's causing a new sound.
Mike

Fourth Horseman
04-07-2006, 08:23 AM
So if it's the idle air holes in the new TB, why does it not whistle all the time when the car is at idle. Also, why are only some of us hearing this?

Todd
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
So if it's the idle air holes in the new TB, why does it not whistle all the time when the car is at idle. Also, why are only some of us hearing this?

All goes back to the IAC. The IAC will keep it idled high for warm up.

Probably doesn't do it on a hot restart...???? At least thats my guess. Mine is not noticibly louder. I will opent he hood next time I do a cold restart (tomorrow morning) and see if I can hear mine.

Fourth Horseman
04-07-2006, 10:31 AM
All goes back to the IAC. The IAC will keep it idled high for warm up.

Probably doesn't do it on a hot restart...???? At least thats my guess. Mine is not noticibly louder. I will opent he hood next time I do a cold restart (tomorrow morning) and see if I can hear mine.

Yes, exactly. On a warm start I hear nothing. It's only on a cold start and then only for 20 to 30 seconds. I'm with you on this, I think it's linked to the IAC. Wish I knew more about it. Can I remove it for cleaning? I thought I read somewhere before that somebody who tried this ended up with a non-functional IAC.

Todd
04-07-2006, 11:28 AM
The original allotment has now sold out. The sales have surpassed the number of people who originally expressed interest by a handful.

So I need to try and collect the names of people for the next week to see if we have enough to order another 10 or more.

PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU WANT A THROTTLE BODY............

Todd
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes, exactly. On a warm start I hear nothing. It's only on a cold start and then only for 20 to 30 seconds. I'm with you on this, I think it's linked to the IAC. Wish I knew more about it. Can I remove it for cleaning? I thought I read somewhere before that somebody who tried this ended up with a non-functional IAC.

I am very sure you can clean it. I would use brake clean ONLY on the passage for the air. I wouldnt put it on the electrical parts at all.

But take this with a grain of salt. I did Not clean mine so I dont know what affect cleaning will have. Positive or negative.

Also just make sure the gasket is installed the correct orientation. I cant remember for sure but I think there was an up and down orientation.

Todd
04-07-2006, 11:31 AM

I am very sure you can clean it. I would use brake clean ONLY on the passage for the air. I wouldnt put it on the electrical parts at all.

But take this with a grain of salt. I did Not clean mine so I dont know what affect cleaning will have. Positive or negative.

Also just make sure the gasket is installed the correct orientation. I cant remember for sure but I think there was an up and down orientation.

rayjay
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks to mother nature refusing to allow spring to arrive here I have not installed mine yet. Is the whistling noise being heard through the stock air box or aftermarket intake? Is everyone following the instructions to use a volt meter for the TPS? I may have some trouble finding one to use. I really don't want to buy one for a one time 2 minute or less use.

Fourth Horseman
04-07-2006, 01:17 PM

Yeah, I made sure to get the gasket oriented properly. I don't think it would idle if it was upside down as the gasket would cover the air hole.

Is the whistling noise being heard through the stock air box or aftermarket intake? Is everyone following the instructions to use a volt meter for the TPS? I may have some trouble finding one to use. I really don't want to buy one for a one time 2 minute or less use.

On mine it's heard through a K&N air charger. I don't know if the stock intake and box would supress the sound, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would. As to using a volt meter on the TPS, no I did not. I just mounted the TPS exactly in the same position as it was on the stock intake and it appears to be working ok. What instructions do you have that talk about getting readings from the TPS? Was this included with your TB? Mine came with no instructions at all.

rayjay
04-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I made sure to get the gasket oriented properly. I don't think it would idle if it was upside down as the gasket would cover the air hole.

On mine it's heard through a K&N air charger. I don't know if the stock intake and box would supress the sound, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would. As to using a volt meter on the TPS, no I did not. I just mounted the TPS exactly in the same position as it was on the stock intake and it appears to be working ok. What instructions do you have that talk about getting readings from the TPS? Was this included with your TB? Mine came with no instructions at all.

Thanks for the quick answer. The instructons are on Accufab's web site. Using the volt meter is to ensure proper voltage for idle. I'll try it without.

Todd
04-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks to mother nature refusing to allow spring to arrive here I have not installed mine yet. Is the whistling noise being heard through the stock air box or aftermarket intake? Is everyone following the instructions to use a volt meter for the TPS? I may have some trouble finding one to use. I really don't want to buy one for a one time 2 minute or less use.

I used the volt meter. You may be able to borrow one from a parts store. At least the ones down here you can borrow hand tools.

Or sears or the like usualy have the less feature rich ones on sale for around $20. If you only use it once or twice on your car and maybe to check for power on plugs or something at your house (to confirm circuit breaker was turned off etc.) it would pay for itself.

I have a cheaper sears model that is digital. I think it was around $25 or so. I also have a big one that was much more. But for basic stuff the small one does great.

If I was closer I would lend you mine or do it for you.

Todd
04-07-2006, 01:36 PM

The instructions on the little sheet of paper in the pack with the new tps bolts. It refers you to their website for ful instructions.

I can confirm the wire colors they give below are correct. Gray w/red is groud, gray w/white is power.

Below is an exceprt from their website. They deserve credit for these instructions.************

To adjust the TPS, please refer to the following:
Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
Remove the TPS from the original throttle body and install it on the new Accufab throttle body. If new screws have been provided in the package from Accufab, use these screws (they are shorter). If not, reuse the original or stock screws.
Reconnect the TPS to the wire harness.
Reconnect the battery.
Now, the TPS needs to be adjusted to achieve the correct voltage at idle. Changes to the idle speed can ONLY be made by adjusting the TPS.
DO NOT ADJUST THE STOP SCREW ON THE THROTTLE BODY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. This screw has been pre-set at the factory to insure a proper air gap around the throttle blade in the fully closed position. If by chance this stop screw has been adjusted in the field, please call our TechLine for further assistance.
The TPS is connected to the main wire harness with three separate, color coded wires:

Gray & Red
Gray & White
Brown & White The gray & red wire is the ground wire (could also be a black wire).
The gray & white wire provides the voltage information to the ECM (could also be a green wire).
The brown & white wire provides a 5-volt reference signal WITH THE KEY ON (could also be an orange wire).
If you have any problems identifying the different colors or if the wires are different colors from those described, check inside the plastic quick disconnect plug. The plug connection tangs should have an “A”, “B”, and “C” next to each tang.
A = gray & red wire
B = gray & white wire
C = brown & white wire
Because of the different suppliers of TPS’s, and the potential for different wire colors, you may need to “poke around” on the wires in order to determine the positive and negative leads. An easy way to take voltage readings is to stick a safety pin through the individual wires, and then make contact with your Volt Meter probes to the safety pins.
To check voltage, THE IGNITION KEY NEEDS TO BE IN THE ON POSITION BUT THE ENGINE MUST NOT BE RUNNING. With the positive (+) lead from your voltmeter, pierce the gray & white wire. With the negative (-) lead from your voltmeter, pierce the gray and red wire. The voltmeter should read no less than .98 volts nor more than 1.0 volts. If the voltage is too high, loosen, but do not remove, the two screws holding the TPS to the throttle body, and rotate the unit counter-clockwise, until the voltage is correct. Rotating the unit clockwise will increase the corresponding voltage. When the voltage is correct, retighten the two screws. The only adjustment is the “slop” between the inside diameter of the holes and the outside diameter of the screws, so we are dealing with just a few degrees of rotation.
The Ford ECM’s are very unforgiving when it comes to ANY engine modifications from stock. The addition of an Accufab throttle body should not have any negative effect on idle speed, off-idle performance (tip-in) or the RPM returning to idle speed, within a second or two, when the throttle is closed.
If on the other hand, modifications to the stock engine include additional supercharger boost with the use of different supercharger pulleys (particularly noticeable on supercharged 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra’s) or adding a “re-programming” chip or add-on computer module, the standard TPS voltage readings and other drivability issues may be noticeable, and could include an overly fast idle and a resistance of the ECM to “allow” the throttle to close properly, resulting in a delay between removing your foot from the gas pedal and the engine returning to idle.
These are not throttle body problems. The throttle body is a mechanical device with only one moving part. As long as the throttle body slams shut when you close the throttle (key off, engine not running), the throttle body is functioning correctly. Any other problem is associated with the ECM and the feedback it is receiving, either due to the increased boost at idle (more air supply) or the add-on computer chip sending incorrect (or unknown) data to the ECM.

Fourth Horseman
04-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Cool, thanks for posting that. I'll check the voltage out when I look at everything else this weekend. The car is otherwise idling and running just fine, so I suspect everything is ok, but it can't hurt to double check this stuff. I appreciate you posting the info.

Marauder
04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I installed mine....took 30 minutes including a test drive. :D

Gas pedal is stiffer but the off-the-line response seems better. I'm happy.

I tried my best to not rotate the idle control so I didn't need to adjust it....it idles fine. :D

Krytin
04-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Danny - you could get it tuned tomorrow....

merc
04-07-2006, 07:08 PM
The Marauder stock TB is 57mm. The Accufab is 60mm. The gain is about 3 rwhp and 5 rwtq through out the entire RPM band according the guys at mach1registry.com. The butt dyno registered a snappy response. With those small gains I am not sure how to justify the expense, but it sure looks good.

Joe Walsh
04-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Need some help guys....I can't get the TPS to read .99 volts.
I re-installed it onto the new Accufab TB but it always reads 1.00+ volts.
There is not enough adjustment to bring it below 1.00 volts.....
Anyone got any ideas?

(I re-zeroed my voltmeter to make sure I'm accurate...but I get the same readings.)

DirtyDog
04-08-2006, 04:17 PM
How much above 1.00 is it.

Bradley G
04-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Joe,
I read you may have to elongate the mounting holes slightly,turning the sensor, allowing the IAC to achieve, the specified voltage.

Todd
04-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Need some help guys....I can't get the TPS to read .99 volts.
I re-installed it onto the new Accufab TB but it always reads 1.00+ volts.
There is not enough adjustment to bring it below 1.00 volts.....
Anyone got any ideas?

(I re-zeroed my voltmeter to make sure I'm accurate...but I get the same readings.)

Have you seen it go above 1.00 volts....?

Worst case, try another tps or you may need to drill out the metal inserts and slot the tps housing so it can slide over more. But I seriously doubt you should have to do that.

My volt meter freaked out for some reason and wouldnt show lower than 1 volt. I cant remember what I did specifically but I finally got it working and it showed lower....

Joe Walsh
04-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Yeah, It always reads above 1.00 volts...
I can get the voltage to change up and down by adjusting the TPS with the bolts loosened...BUT I cannot get it to drop below 1.00 volts.
Lowest reading I can get is @ 1.01 volts.:o

Joe Walsh
04-09-2006, 06:36 AM
FIXED!!!

I just took a similar sized drill bit and enlongated the TPS's steel inserts on the sides to allow a little more play....BINGO!! .....

.99 VOLTS!:banana2:

Time to go test the new 16" BFG drag radial/Accufab TB combo at Capitol Raceway!!!!
Sunny and 45 degrees, going up to 60 degrees.

merc
04-09-2006, 06:50 AM
FIXED!!!

Time to go test the new 16" BFG drag radial/Accufab TB combo at Capitol Raceway!!!!

Good thing I am getting my taxes done today, otherwise:burnout:

Todd
04-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Sweet, glad you got it. I havent heard of anyone having to elongate the holes on these newer cars. On all the fox body mustangs I ever worked on we ALWAYS had to elongate them.

FIXED!!!

I just took a similar sized drill bit and enlongated the TPS's steel inserts on the sides to allow a little more play....BINGO!! .....

fastblackmerc
04-09-2006, 08:31 AM
The original allotment has now sold out. The sales have surpassed the number of people who originally expressed interest by a handful.

So I need to try and collect the names of people for the next week to see if we have enough to order another 10 or more.

PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU WANT A THROTTLE BODY............
Any news on an oval TB?

Todd
04-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Any news on an oval TB?

I believe it is the same deal, have to order x number of the same thing. But I will ask. Maybe we can work thesingle blad into the order as well...

Mard
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Any news on an oval TB?

What advantages are there with the single oval versus the dual type? I'm going to guess the single may flow better, but would that be overkill for my normally aspirated motor?

Todd
04-09-2006, 12:23 PM
What advantages are there with the single oval versus the dual type? I'm going to guess the single may flow better, but would that be overkill for my normally aspirated motor?

Single may flow a little more. But to use it on a stock upper manifold you have to modify it.. So in my opinion, not worth it. But some are trying to pull every bit of power out they can and then it may become worth it..!!!

SergntMac
04-09-2006, 03:00 PM
The only way a single blade TB will work on a Marauder, is with a Trilogy kit in place.

Even then, some minor intake trimming may be necessary, I'm not sure.

However, a single blade TB won't perform well enough on an OEM Marauder upper intake to be worth the money and time invested, for the performance returned.

Fourth Horseman
04-09-2006, 03:58 PM
FIXED!!!

Mine is just the opposite I discovered today. I can't get it above .95 volts. It started out at .93. I opened up the screw holes a little bit which bought me the extra .02 of a volt, but it's going to take more work. After nearly 8 hours of washing the car, clay barring it and then three steps of wax (cleaner, glaze and wax) I'm too pooped to work on it any more. I'll fix it next week. I can live with a slightly fast idle until then. :)

natedog1284
04-09-2006, 04:07 PM
I opened my box today, and wow, that is a beautiful piece! I'd be putting it in now, but my transmission crapped out on me on saturday :censor: . So since I'll have to take it the dealer tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to wait. Thanks again Todd, for arranging this GB!

Fourth Horseman
04-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Actually, looks like I spoke too soon. Even with the TPS voltage being off I still have the regular 600 - 700 RPM idle once things warm up. Are there any other potential drawbacks to having the TPS voltage low?

Todd
04-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Actually, looks like I spoke too soon. Even with the TPS voltage being off I still have the regular 600 - 700 RPM idle once things warm up. Are there any other potential drawbacks to having the TPS voltage low?

That is how your car knows what tables to apply.

So for instance, if your idle voltage is to low, your computer may never see a WOT (wide open throttle) table. I DO NOT know if being off by .2 from factory idle can cause this.

Its a very small amount.

Maybe someone can tell you what voltage the computer needs to switch to WOT. Then you could get someone in the car to mat the gas (with car off/key on) to make sure you hit WOT.

Todd
04-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I opened my box today, and wow, that is a beautiful piece! I'd be putting it in now, but my transmission crapped out on me on saturday :censor: . So since I'll have to take it the dealer tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to wait. Thanks again Todd, for arranging this GB!

Glad you liked it.

Thanks for getting in on it and for notifying me of the shipping mixup... You are a gentleman sir....!

Marauder
04-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Anyone get a mild whistling sound at RPMs from idle to like 2000? That's the only thing I notice out-of-the-ordinary. Otherwise, I drove 100 miles with it on yesterday and it performed nicely.

merc
04-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Anyone get a mild whistling sound at RPMs from idle to like 2000? That's the only thing I notice out-of-the-ordinary. Otherwise, I drove 100 miles with it on yesterday and it performed nicely.

Yep, I hear more from the intake tube. Sounds cool if you ask me.

natedog1284
04-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Glad you liked it.

Thanks for getting in on it and for notifying me of the shipping mixup... You are a gentleman sir....!

Anytime Todd. As soon an I get my car back I'll be putting it on. Thanks again!

magindat
04-11-2006, 05:40 AM
It's pretty.

Irony....

If it weren't for this thread and receiving the TB yesterday, I would have never put 2 and 2 together and realized our idle problem on MarauderMarc's new blower was the vacuum line under the TB!

I can't wait to install it.

I got a set of UD pullies, too. Check my sig. Is there anything left to do before getting tuned to all these mods?

Thanx, Todd.

Marauder
04-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Yep, I hear more from the intake tube. Sounds cool if you ask me.

Definitely sounds cool. At first, I thought it was the car next to me (WRX) exhausting excess boost or something but then as I kept hearing it, I knew it was me. :D

Todd
04-12-2006, 02:18 PM

Please read first post in this thread.

We need only a couple more people to make another order happen.

This will NOT be a never ending group buy. But because of the way I like to see group buys run, I had them order a pre-determined amount up front. That just didnt cover all the people.

So we would need to get a few more people to get everyone the good deal.

Please post here if you are interested. The date no longer applies. I will just judge interest for the next week...... If it doesn't look like we can pull it off I will call it off.

Marauder
04-13-2006, 06:11 AM

Please read first post in this thread.

We need only a couple more people to make another order happen.

This will NOT be a never ending group buy. But because of the way I like to see group buys run, I had them order a pre-determined amount up front. That just didnt cover all the people.

So we would need to get a few more people to get everyone the good deal.

Please post here if you are interested. The date no longer applies. I will just judge interest for the next week...... If it doesn't look like we can pull it off I will call it off.

Listen to the man!!! Group buys are a great way to save some $$$ and have more interesting conversations about what you've just purchased. :D

rayjay
04-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Anyone else have a high idle problem even with properly set voltage? I'm thinking I'm going to have to send my chip in to have the +100 rpm idle turned off to correct the problem.

magindat
04-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Did the TB and UD's yesterday. Easily spinnin the 20's from stoplights now. I have a trap I use here from a light to a 45 mph sign. Started at 55 stock. I now get to 68 with all mods. I'm done with speed mods. Just need a tune to bring it all together. I think it'll get me the 13.99 I need to justify my helmet purchase! Time for handling next!
Thanx for getting this together, Todd.
BTW, I set my DR tune for 900 P and 700 IID. It never worked right. Always idled lower than the tune. After I replaced the TB, It idles at the numbers set by the tune. Guess the TPS could have been wrong stock....

natedog1284
04-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I set my TPS at .988 volts, and it idles fine. Very crisp throttle response, and the whistling/sucking noise coming out of the intake at around 2000 rpms under load sounds absolutely awesome. I am very happy with how this turned out, (except I had to cut the screws in the TPS on the old TB off with a dremel, because they were seized, which was annoying, but everything else was very easy). Thanks again Todd, this was an excellent purchase!

-Nate

gonzo50
04-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Has everyone from the first group buy received there TB, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive....:confused:

Todd
04-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Has everyone from the first group buy received there TB, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive....:confused:

You should have pm'd me.

You should have had the throttle body on the 5th of April. I got a tracking number for the package.

But there was some kind of mixup in shipping and someone got 2 tb's. Yours may have been the extra the guy got.. Luckily that person is a very stand up guy and immediately let me know. And has shipped the extra back.

If this IS the case, yours will go out right away.

I just wish you would have pm'd me, and sooner. Iwould have had this handled much earlier.

I will pm you when I get an answer. I have already mailed the tracking number to the shop asking them to research.

Marauder
04-17-2006, 06:06 AM
You should have pm'd me.

You should have had the throttle body on the 5th of April. I got a tracking number for the package.

But there was some kind of mixup in shipping and someone got 2 tb's. Yours may have been the extra the guy got.. Luckily that person is a very stand up guy and immediately let me know. And has shipped the extra back.

I just wish you would have pm'd me, and sooner. Iwould have had this handled much earlier.

I will pm you when I get an answer. I have already mailed the tracking number to the shop asking them to research.

Todd, you have a PM. It appears that I accidentally received the extra one.

How can we rectify this so the person left out get's theirs ASAP?

Todd
04-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Todd, you have a PM. It appears that I accidentally received the extra one.

How can we rectify this so the person left out get's theirs ASAP?

Thanks Danny, You are actually the second person to get two. There is something in the shipping/ordering process that is causing a problem. I am going over there at lunch today to check it out.

PM sent to tell you how to get it back to the shop at no cost to you.

Thanks again for letting me know.

gonzo50
04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
You should have pm'd me.

I wasn't aware that there was a shipping problem, I thought that eventually I'll receive mine, anyways, PM sent.....:mad:

Todd
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I wasn't aware that there was a shipping problem, I thought that eventually I'll receive mine, anyways, PM sent.....:mad:

I of course didnt know there was one either. But it will be handled right away.

03SILVERSTREAK
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
DAMMMMMM- Lost the opportunity because of shipping :( :mad: :fire: :censor: :mad2:

Marauder
04-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Todd,

It's done!

I gave it to my front desk person for UPS.

Blackened300a
04-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I was a bit hesitant about this mod, Is there any chance of another group buy for this TB??
I thought that it needed to be modified to make it work but now that I see its as easy as I hoped, Ive gained interest.
Please Let me know how I can get in on this.

Krytin
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
OK -me too.

Besides, I can't keep letting Paul get ahead of me in the HP wars! LOL

03SILVERSTREAK
04-20-2006, 06:50 PM
I missed out on it too and due to the shipping problems that occured ,I don,t think it going to get started again. ( OR IS IT :rolleyes: )

Todd
04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
I ended the 2nd round of the group buy because there were 2 people that got 2 throttle bodies in error. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I didnt get a good enough reason why that shipping error happened so I dont want anyone else inconvenienced like Gonzo has been. Even though his has now been shipped back out to him within a couple days of me being notified he hadnt gotten it. <o:p></o:p>
Now that everyone waiting on a TB has got theirs shipped, I may go back and get another round going. But let me investigate why the double ship thing happened. I know, with 100% certainty, that it was an accident and would most likely not happen again. But I like things to run smooth. <o:p></o:p>

03SILVERSTREAK
04-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Todd- Do what you must to look into this but I believe that this was nothing but a minor accident and a small inconvience and no one looks at you with any indiffrence. shipping errors do occur but for the most part things get squared away at the end

bigmerc'03
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
i bought one from these people at this web page http--www.lightningforceperformance. com has the
Mach 1 & 99-01 Cobra Twin 60mm Polished Throttle Body (http://www.lightningforceperformance. com/catalog/productDetails.php?productID=1 225)

and willing to match the 329 price plus free shipping instead of the 358 price on there page if we call in the order to them at 281-385-5017or 281-385-5339 and tell them your from the marauder.net club ask for mark
http://www.lightningforceperformance. com/catalog/productList.php

Blackened300a
04-21-2006, 03:57 AM
OK -me too.

Besides, I can't keep letting Paul get ahead of me in the HP wars! LOL

You have the luxury of having a great tuner only 10 minutes away from you plus a private track!
No HP gain can top that!

Krytin
04-21-2006, 06:29 AM
I don't know Paul, A supercharger would go a long way!

94_302
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
If another one gets started I'll get in on it too.

i bought one from these people at this web page http--www.lightningforceperformance. com has the
Mach 1 & 99-01 Cobra Twin 60mm Polished Throttle Body (http://www.lightningforceperformance. com/catalog/productDetails.php?productID=1 225)

and willing to match the 329 price plus free shipping instead of the 358 price on there page if we call in the order to them at 281-385-5017or 281-385-5339 and tell them your from the marauder.net club ask for mark
http://www.lightningforceperformance. com/catalog/productList.php

You mean $319 right, thats what the group buy was here.

bigmerc'03
04-21-2006, 03:03 PM
well 329 beats regular price 389 any day

Blackened300a
04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Well thats 4, I think if we hit 10 then its a go

natedog1284
04-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Todd- Do what you must to look into this but I believe that this was nothing but a minor accident and a small inconvience and no one looks at you with any indiffrence. shipping errors do occur but for the most part things get squared away at the end

He's right Todd. These things happen, what are you gonna do? It was an excellent group buy, and it seems more and more people want in, so why not? I for one love mine and am glad I bought it.

gonzo50
04-21-2006, 04:10 PM
I ended the 2nd round of the group buy because there were 2 people that got 2 throttle bodies in error. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I didnt get a good enough reason why that shipping error happened so I dont want anyone else inconvenienced like Gonzo has been. Even though his has now been shipped back out to him within a couple days of me being notified he hadnt gotten it. <o:p></o:p>
Now that everyone waiting on a TB has got theirs shipped, I may go back and get another round going. But let me investigate why the double ship thing happened. I know, with 100% certainty, that it was an accident and would most likely not happen again. But I like things to run smooth. <o:p></o:p>
Received my TB this evening, "WOW", that was super quick turn around, Thanks Todd...:burnout:

Todd
04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Received my TB this evening, "WOW", that was super quick turn around, Thanks Todd...:burnout:

Glad you got it Gonzo.....

Again, sorry for the delay bro. NOT something I like to see. But I appreciate your patience. And the honesty and gentleman like nature of the 2 guys who got 2. Thanks Nate and Marauder.

Todd
04-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Well guys.......

I will try for another group buy.

I will post another thread so nothing gets confused.

If you want another TB please post on that thread.

I will try to pm the guys that were on the original list.

Todd
04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Please post on this thread if you want to get in on the 2nd round of this group buy.

I will tally our total order count off that thread..... I will try to post a running list. I will try to add the guys from this thread but I may miss somebody so double check you are on that list.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=372260#post37 2260

mike marauder
04-22-2006, 07:35 AM
what-the-part-number-for-the-throttle-body.-How-much-is-it.-Where-can-i-get.-Thank-you

Todd
04-22-2006, 07:45 AM
what-the-part-number-for-the-throttle-body.-How-much-is-it.-Where-can-i-get.-Thank-you

See my post above. Post on the other thread and you will be included in the group buy.

Price is $319 by US Postal Money Order. Or $329.07 by paypal.

I dont know the part number off the top of my head. It is the appropriate part for the Marauder.

If you are interested in buying it from a online merchant and not waiting a week for the group buy then there is a thread above where you can buy it for $329 I think.

Otherwise just post your name on the 2nd round thread I linked to above and you are set.

Blackened300a
04-22-2006, 08:33 AM

Price is $319 by US Postal Money Order. Or $329.07 by paypal.

Where is there a $10 difference between paypal and just mailing a money order?

rayjay
04-22-2006, 11:51 AM

paypal fees.

Todd
04-22-2006, 01:03 PM

As rayjay said. Paypal fees. Paypal charges 3% fee plus $.50 per transaction. That is money that they take for the convenience of using their service. I dont like it but it is very convenient.

Fourth Horseman
04-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Just thought I'd follow up since it's been a couple of weeks since I had good enough weather to work on my car after installing my new throttle body. Today I got my TPS voltage right on the money, even though I had not been seeing any problems with it being low. I just wanted to make sure it was right. I took the the TPS off and drilled out the metal sleeves that are in the holes where the screws mount it to the throttle body. This gave me the slack I needed for the sensor to rotate enough for correct voltage. I've got it at .995 volts now. I disconnected the battery to clear the computer and the car is running great.

I also replaced my idle air control valve, even though the old one looked fine. Hopefully that will help with the cold-start whistle I've been hearing. I'll report back on that after a few days of testing. Even if it doesn't help it's no big deal, just a bit of a curious sound.

I know it's very subjective, but now that I've been running around with the new throttle body for a few weeks, it feels like my engine is a little stronger on the top end. I don't notice much in the lower RPMs, but it seems to pull a bit stronger up high at WOT. Thanks again for the group buy, Todd! :up:

03SILVERSTREAK
05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Todd-any news on payment and shipping date??? :)

Todd
05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Todd-any news on payment and shipping date??? :)

Post any questions on the other thread. Just to keep them seperate...

I am still waiting on confirmation that the tb's are available. I wouldnt have expected it to take this long but it has. First our guy was out of town, then the accufab guy was out of town.

But we should hear something in the next few days. I hope...!

Todd
05-15-2006, 10:19 AM
I finally got word that there are plenty available.

So the group buy is on.

Although I want to give a caveat to this. With my motor being down and having to deal with the process to get another, I am not on the site as much for now. So hopefully if anyone has questions, please try to self moderate this thread and help each other answer the questions. I will of course answer about the process but please help each other with technical details about the product.

Details of payment,

I will pm everyone to ask what form of payment they want. Paypal for $329.07 or US Postal Money order for $319.

When I get your response I will send you the appropriate address.

We will cut off the group buy on May 24th. Which is a Thursday. All payments need to be in by then. If not, you are not in the group buy.

That gives over a week and half to get it here. If you do paypal, obviously it will be here right away. If you send a US Postal Money Order, you may want to send in a Priority mail envelope. That way you know it will get here on time. But it is your choice.

Most importantly.........

INCLUDE YOUR USER NAME ON ANY CORRESPONDENCE... In the envelope with the money order or in the notes on the paypal.

jim geary
05-15-2006, 11:00 AM
OK Todd you talked me into it. Would you please add my name to the list.