PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Z06 408ci with Insane cam

jawz101
03-23-2006, 09:05 PM
video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/026B4875-EE71-4958-8D93-03FC8F25112E.htm)
listen to this thing!

STLR FN
03-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Good grief that thing sounds mean as hell and I like. :drool:

bryanthomas
03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Sounds bad ass! But, uh.... might have been worth watching though if they actually drove the thing a few feet... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it puts down some sick power though.

Cheeseheadbob
03-24-2006, 09:10 AM
No wonder why his driveway is cracked!

blackf0rk
03-24-2006, 09:51 AM
No digg from me. He didn't drive it - l4m3

1 Bad Merc
03-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Sounds like a freakin funny car! I'm sure his' neighbors love this car.

Marauder
03-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Very Top-Fuel-ish. :D

Ross
03-24-2006, 12:34 PM
I'll bet his wife says, "Isn't that thing a little loud, dear?"

martyo
03-24-2006, 12:37 PM
That's what I call subtle! :D

Shora
03-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Is it possible to make a marauder sound like that? I mean if, or better yet, when I have to replace my motor I really want to go with a set up like that. I don't need or want the spary, just good ol' displacement for the sound and torque.

For those in the know, when my engine fails, how hard would it be to replace the drive train with one of these old scool type systems?

I don't care about speed as much as reliability. The Marauder is a pleasure car for me and if it breaks down every other day it would take away from my overall enjoyment. No matter how much I enjoy driving a car, if it breaks down too often I feel somewhat betrayed. :o
Let me have it...

(Note: I obviously don't have the mechanical know-how as many of you but I do know what I like and this, or something similar, would be my dream set up.)

RR|Suki
03-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I doubt an DOHC or OHC could sound like that... I imagine you'll need a pushrod motor to get that sound... High lifters aswell. Perhaps with the right heads the DOHC could sound that way though, I've just never heard such a thing

Is it possible to make a marauder sound like that? I mean if, or better yet, when I have to replace my motor I really want to go with a set up like that. I don't need or want the spary, just good ol' displacement for the sound and torque.

For those in the know, when my engine fails, how hard would it be to replace the drive train with one of these old scool type systems?

I don't care about speed as much as reliability. The Marauder is a pleasure car for me and if it breaks down every other day it would take away from my overall enjoyment. No matter how much I enjoy driving a car, if it breaks down too often I feel somewhat betrayed. :o
Let me have it...

(Note: I obviously don't have the mechanical know-how as many of you but I do know what I like and this, or something similar, would be my dream set up.)

Joe Walsh
03-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Sounds bad ass! But, uh.... might have been worth watching though if they actually drove the thing a few feet... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it puts down some sick power though.

My thoughts exactly.....How 'Bout you DRIVE IT!!!!

Shora
03-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I doubt an DOHC or OHC could sound like that... I imagine you'll need a pushrod motor to get that sound... High lifters aswell. Perhaps with the right heads the DOHC could sound that way though, I've just never heard such a thing

I did not mean that I want to convert my DOHC for such a sound but rather to "replace" my DOHC with a pushrod (when and if the engine fails).

This would be my dream setup if it could be done for a reasonable price and with good reliability. If it costs more than a used Marauder then I would never entertain such a thought again.

mr.continental
03-25-2006, 09:30 AM
I'll bet his wife says, "Isn't that thing a little loud, dear?"

And then he probably says, "What?"

Leadfoot281
03-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Take the exhast manifold off a Suzuki Samuri. You'll be close. I did it.:D

BK_GrandMarquis
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
I guess it's just me then, I think it sounds like a popcorn popper. :)

That's definitely no sleeper.:lol:

sweetair
03-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Yeah, what he ^^^^^^^said. You're not hiding anything here.

DEFYANT
03-26-2006, 07:56 AM

Let me have it...

You could cam the MM. but the cost is around $1300 with very little bang for those bucks.

Joe Walsh
03-26-2006, 08:35 AM
I just listened to that sound clip again, and that Vette sounds MEAN AS H#LL! Definitely a NASCAR sound.

Having acknowledeged how BADA$$ that thing sounds, I now wonder if it would really be that cool, for these reasons:

1: As several members have commented....You are NOT fooling anyone!
2: NO ONE will race you except a 'tard in a riced 17sec 4 door Honda.
3: If you don't run lowwww 11s minimum, everyone will say that the car is lame.
4: Driving it for an extended period of time would cause temporary hearing loss.
5: The local law enforcement will take a VERY keen interest in your car.
6: I hope that it doesn't have to pass emissions testing.
7: My 427 Cobra sounds MUCH better!!! ...nothing like 468 cubic inches of heavily cammed, solid lifter FE exiting through open side pipes!!!:D :D :D

ADE 1000
03-26-2006, 02:57 PM
I wish you never posted this. Now I can't stop thinking about putting a cam in my Z06. I avoided looking at such posts on the Corvetteforum so I would not be tempted.

:depress: