PDA

View Full Version : ¿ Will Resurrect The Mm Someday Again ?

stryker
03-24-2006, 11:17 PM
:drive: ¿ COULD BE POSSIBLE IN A NEAR OR FAR FUTURE SEE AGAIN THE REBORN OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE MERCURY MARAUDER ? AND ¿ WHY THE PRODUCTION OF THIS AWESOME PANTHER CAR WAS STOPPED AFTER TWO YEARS ? I DON'T BITE THE STORY THAT WAS AN LIMITED EDITION HERE IN PUERTO RICO IS ONE OF THE STORY'S MENTIONED BY SOME IDIOTS SALESMAN THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THIS PARTICULAR PANTHER CAR OTHER THAN THE ****ING MONEY THEY PRODUCE HERE $ 58.000.00 TO $60.000.00 DOLLARS :eek: YUP I IMAGINE THAT THIS ARE THE EXPRESION IN THE FACE OF MOST OF YOU SO IF YOU SEE A PERSON HERE WITH ONE OF THESE BEAUTY ARE PERSONS THAT HAVE A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OT OF MONEY, NOW ANSWERS PLEASE. AND :thanks: TO TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THESE THREAD. ;)

DEFYANT
03-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Yes, no, maybe so. I hope not. Keep em rare.

Breadfan
03-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Yes, no, maybe so. I hope not. Keep em rare.

I agree, I got mine that's all I care about. And if I want another the other day I checked cars.com there were 75 for sale nationwide, 4 in my area alone.

Keep 'em rare.

:cool4:

stryker
03-25-2006, 02:02 AM
YEAH SURE, WHEN YOU NOTE THE LACK OF PARTS FOR THOSE CARS DUE THAT THEY ARE DISCOTINUED YOU'LL SAY !DAMN!

STRYKER.

Mike Poore
03-25-2006, 05:13 AM
YEAH SURE, WHEN YOU NOTE THE LACK OF PARTS FOR THOSE CARS DUE THAT THEY ARE DISCOTINUED YOU'LL SAY !DAMN!

STRYKER.

Actually, I'm not sure there's anything unique about our MM's parts-wise. Isn't this basically a parts-bin concoction anyway, with stuff from GM's, CV-PI's and Town cars? :dunno:

Smokie
03-25-2006, 05:25 AM
No not really, I prefer the 2 year run. Mine is exactly the way they should have made it (S/C). As far as parts go, cosmetic parts may be a problem to get in 30 years....in 30 years I probably will be having far more problems with my parts.....:geezer:

Breadfan
03-25-2006, 08:03 AM

STRYKER.

Some of us have talked about this, aside from body panels it's not that bad. Might not be a bad idea to pick up a front and rear bumper cover, just in case, those are unique parts. ;)

RoyLPita
03-25-2006, 08:10 AM
If you can, get me the VIN just to see how "Special" it is.

stryker
03-25-2006, 09:33 PM
:banana2: Well fellas I was talking to a guy who works in a Lincoln/Mercury stealership and told this "Well that car may have a few goodies but i don't like that car the interior was very simple and i was expecting that has more luxury gadgets than the Lincoln Town Car that car just because it has a Cobra 4.6 engine,18' wheels,quality sound system,and more power than a police interceptor is not a thing of the other world" of course I defend the Marauder !BUT! he has some reason in the way that ¿Why Mercury spend thousands of money,resources,publicity just for two years that have no sense in fact I was thinking if that could be sued.

STRYKER.

sweetair
03-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Let it go for another 30 something years or so. Next time on American Muscle Cars, just include it on the Marauder segment..

stryker
03-26-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't know if in a 30 year in the tv prog muscle cars we saw the Marauder, but it is nice to keep the hope, meanwhile I keep the hope that the BASTARDS of Mercury understand the mistake they do and start to bring back the Marauder again. I WANT TO BUY ONE but certainly not in Puerto Rico I preffer to buy in U.S.

STRYKER

Donny Carlson
03-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't know if in a 30 year in the tv prog muscle cars we saw the Marauder, but it is nice to keep the hope, meanwhile I keep the hope that the BASTARDS of Mercury understand the mistake they do and start to bring back the Marauder again. I WANT TO BUY ONE but certainly not in Puerto Rico I preffer to buy in U.S.

STRYKER

You must mean the mainland, because last I heard, PR is a US territory.

The direction Ford is taking now is not down the path of performance sedans. SVT is just a whisp of it's former self and has been declared on life support by the automotive press. Anything we see will not rise to the bar set by SVT until and if there's a management change and more importantly, a mindset change.

I am predicting that GM will have strong sales of their V8 RWD platforms coming at the end of the decade such that, along with strong demand for the new Challenger and freshened 300C/Charger/Jeep SRT-8's, Ford will move once again into the performance area. Maybe then we'll see something, but it probably won't be anything like the '03/'04 Marauder, more likely a smaller sedan based on something other than the Panther.

One thing to keep in mind... most of the parts of a Marauder come from a model (CV or GM) that were built by the tens of thousands each model year. Other than some unique MM parts (trim, mostly) everything should be easily available for many years. At some point, Ford will sell off the molds for the bumper covers and whatnot to the aftermarket restoration industry, and you'll be able to buy a part from one or more of those companies.

Now, you want to feel paranoid? I own a truck with a unique retractable roof, with unique fenders, hood, and body panels. Other than some Corvette and Trailblazer parts that are shared, a lot of parts on my SSR are unique. Imagine 30 years from now what it's going to be like to buy a hydralic hose for the top, or a new fender, or a bumper cover. Course, by then I'll be 80 and more interested in depends than cars.

stryker
03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
:confused: Well DONNY about that about US territory that is a headache political issue we are a commonwealth, Other thing is that we don't have the right to vote for the president due that we are not a state of the union or so mentioned "state 51" but I don't want to bother you talking about politics, Let's keep talking about Panther cars that is more interesting for me dude.

STRYKER.

snookey
03-30-2006, 09:47 AM
any one hear that ford is closing the st thomas assembly in canada. They are currently down to one shift. thats where ford builds the crown victoria and the grand marquie. If this is true no more marauders.

stryker
03-30-2006, 05:02 PM
So, What about the other plants they can't produce'em in any of the other plants ¿What is the problem?

STRYKER

Merc-O-matic
03-30-2006, 06:32 PM
You must mean the mainland, because last I heard, PR is a US territory.

The direction Ford is taking now is not down the path of performance sedans. SVT is just a whisp of it's former self and has been declared on life support by the automotive press. Anything we see will not rise to the bar set by SVT until and if there's a management change and more importantly, a mindset change.

I am predicting that GM will have strong sales of their V8 RWD platforms coming at the end of the decade such that, along with strong demand for the new Challenger and freshened 300C/Charger/Jeep SRT-8's, Ford will move once again into the performance area. Maybe then we'll see something, but it probably won't be anything like the '03/'04 Marauder, more likely a smaller sedan based on something other than the Panther.

One thing to keep in mind... most of the parts of a Marauder come from a model (CV or GM) that were built by the tens of thousands each model year. Other than some unique MM parts (trim, mostly) everything should be easily available for many years. At some point, Ford will sell off the molds for the bumper covers and whatnot to the aftermarket restoration industry, and you'll be able to buy a part from one or more of those companies.

Now, you want to feel paranoid? I own a truck with a unique retractable roof, with unique fenders, hood, and body panels. Other than some Corvette and Trailblazer parts that are shared, a lot of parts on my SSR are unique. Imagine 30 years from now what it's going to be like to buy a hydralic hose for the top, or a new fender, or a bumper cover. Course, by then I'll be 80 and more interested in depends than cars.

Talking to a Ford guy the other day (insider) he said to look
for the next SVT as a "Cougar" in 2009-10?

Gotta Love It!:pimp: