PDA

View Full Version : Picked up an '06 Mustang GT...

Breadfan
03-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Was hard to resist after I saw it in person. Got a pretty killer deal on it, scored such a good deal I didn't even have to trade in the MM. :)

Only thing is...some assembly required... :(

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/06mustanggt.jpg

Yeah, I know, this is a pointless thread now. :) Just messin' with y'all.

But, I did buy the above. Going to put 'er together over the next few weeks. I used to do models years ago, but got out of the habit.

Got back into it a few months ago, and was doing a '93 Mustang Cobra. It was looking sweet until I screwed up the paint on the body.

I was doing silver with black stripes, even cut out 1/2" masking tape for it. Everything looked good, but instead of buying the model-paint clearcoat spray for $2.99, I used a can of clear I had lying around intended for cars.

Wow the two don't mix, it seriously orange peeled the two undercoats, tried to sand it down, but there was no goin' back at that point...I tried but it was too far gone.

So, going to try again, and won't skimp on the clearcoat this time 'round!

Warpath
03-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Cool. Post pics of both. I've been trying to get into modelling since I want to customize so many different cars and my wallets empty. I also don't have much time. Any free time is spent on the Cobra.

03MERCMARAUDER
03-27-2006, 08:39 PM
I almost bought the exact same kit yesterday lol. How2s is the quality??

Joe

Breadfan
03-28-2006, 05:16 AM
I almost bought the exact same kit yesterday lol. How2s is the quality??

Joe

Actually it's pretty good, better than I had expected. It's a level 2 but has plenty of parts, exhaust tips are metal, wheel pins are now metal too. The tires and rims fit much better and won't fall apart if you don't glue 'em.

The decals come with your choice of black or silver stripes too so if you so desire to use stripes they're there. (Didn't see white stripes though).

There seems to be more amount of detail than I'm used to for a level2 kit from Revell - for instance the gauge cluster, you get decals for it, you can choose which color gagues you want, and that all sits behind a clear plastic cover for the gauge cluster. Usually a guage cluster is simply molded into the main dash piece and thats all you get.

So thus far I think it's a pretty nice kit.