PDA

View Full Version : Hope I pass this test!

O's Fan Rich
03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I go in for an echocardiogram stress tets ( tests) tomorrow. If I pass 'em, my cardiologist says he will lift all my physical restictions. I'll still be on all the meds, but can get back into lifting heavy and working out hard again.
I've been limited to 180lb max benches and I feel like a real wuss. I did "cheat" Friday and do 2 reps of 260, but it was a struggle....:mad:

Hey, get your cholesterol checked!

dwasson
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, did you study for it?

mpearce
03-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Lifting is good. Get some cardio in too. Nothing crazy. Maybe a little uphill walking on the treadmill a few times a week. Cut out sugar, and go easy on your salt intake. Good luck.

-Mat

MarauderMark
03-27-2006, 10:52 PM
This kind of test is for older people not for 3 year olds.what do your parents think of this.Maybe you sould get a 2nd opinion.:D .j/k hope everything works out good for ya.:up:

JMan
03-28-2006, 05:03 AM
If your intake repair (Bypass surgery?) was half as good as your exhaust (MM), I think you'll be in great shape!

Best luck,

J

jimlam56
03-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Good luck Rich!
Jim

duhtroll
03-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I had one of these and I'm supposedly younger - so not just for "old folks"

Hotrauder
03-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Rich, good luck with the stress tests, buddy. I have been lifting myself. The big ones...32 oz. at Out Back. Dennis:beer:

O's Fan Rich
03-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok, got back a bit ago...
He did not release me from all, the restrictions, but I can push a bit harder and I'm cleared for softball!:banana: :beer:

One of my meds ( Coreg) is being upped and the dose will double in 2 months.:mad:

In 4 months we do it again. Not what I wanted to hear, but,
Hey, at least I'm on the right side of the grass.:D

Haggis
03-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Ok, got back a bit ago...
He did not release me from all, the restrictions, but I can push a bit harder and I'm cleared for softball!:banana: :beer:

One of my meds ( Coreg) is being upped and the dose will double in 2 months.:mad:

In 4 months we do it again. Not what I wanted to hear, but,
Hey, at least I'm on the right side of the grass.:D
You got that right...now don't push it or I'll have Michelle kick your butt.

O's Fan Rich
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
If your intake repair (Bypass surgery?) was half as good as your exhaust (MM), I think you'll be in great shape!

Best luck,

J

No bypass J, they did everything with the cathidor (sp?)
I had a hunk of crap peel off from somwhere and lodge in my main artery to my heart. Real sudden like.....
Lost 1/3 of the output. They tell me the nick name for this in cardio circles is "the widow maker" and I'm very lucky to be around. Go figure.;)

JMan
03-28-2006, 08:04 PM
No bypass J, they did everything with the cathidor (sp?)
I had a hunk of crap peel off from somwhere and lodge in my main artery to my heart. Real sudden like.....
Lost 1/3 of the output. They tell me the nick name for this in cardio circles is "the widow maker" and I'm very lucky to be around. Go figure.;)

Bravo! Glad to hear it. Come to think of it, "Widow Maker" might be an interesting name for a fast MM . . .

Best luck and blessings,

J

Mike Poore
03-29-2006, 06:31 AM
They tell me the nick name for this in cardio circles is "the widow maker" and I'm very lucky to be around. Go figure.;)

It wasn't your time, Rich, and any way you take it, it's a fine report. As you said, you're on the reght side of the grass.
You're still on our prayer list, buddy. :)