PDA

View Full Version : Collector plates?

94_302
04-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Anyone have collector plates on their Marauder? I thought it mainly applied to older cars, but I was looking over on the Mach 1 board and Ohio has issued collector plates for the Mach 1. They just needed a letter from Ford stating there was less than 8000 produced during their model year or 5k in receipts. Since the Marauder never went passed 8k production in 03 or 04 I guess we qualify. :banana:
I'm sure this varies for each state but it can't hurt to ask.

jgc61sr2002
04-02-2006, 04:28 PM
The plates in NY are Historic designation and require a vehicle to be at least 25 years old.

SergntMac
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
The plates in NY are Historic designation and require a vehicle to be at least 25 years old. Similar in Illinois. Vehicle must be 20 years out of production, and the plates carry the "antique vehicle" designation, which allows for street use only to and from antique shows.

No way my MMs are antiques...

stevengerard
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Not that I know of here in Illinois it is 25 years or older. Do you mean $5k in modifications - so you can take a car like my Suburban and put on $5k rims and it is considered a collectable - that's odd

01 Interceptor
04-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Here in WA:

Collector vehicles are vehicles that are at least 30 years old. Collector vehicles must be:

* Owned and operated as collector vehicles, and
* Capable of operating on the highway.

Collector vehicles may be driven:

* To and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions, antique car club meetings, and
* For testing purposes, and,
* For pleasure of others without compensation.

Collector vehicles may not be used for:

* Commercial purposes or to carry a load, or
* Regular transportation in the manner of a fully licensed vehicle.

Collector License Plates, may be:

* Assigned to currently registered passenger vehicles, motorcycles or trucks
* Are good for the life of vehicle
* Are not required to display month/year tab
* Are not renewed annually
* Must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle. If the customer provide a set, they may be displayed on the front and rear.

We also have a Horseless Carriage plate:

Horseless Carriage vehicles are vehicles that are at least 40 years old.

...and in case you have plates from way back when with the year on them:

A restored license plate is a Washington-issued license plate designed for use in the year of the vehicle's manufacture. The restored license plate may be used on all vehicls that could display collector vehicle or horseless carriage license plates. The license plate must be restored to such a condition that it may be identified with its year of issue. Reproductions of the original are not acceptable for use as a restored license plate.

I like the fact that you never have to renew them, only paying $35 (currently) for the application. Of course, there was a provision of less that 5k miles/year...I can't seem to find it now, so it must have been repealed.

94_302
04-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't know about taking a suburban and putting 5k in mods. I guess in ohio you could. Original thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13420&page=1&pp=25)