PDA

View Full Version : Another Friend Crosses the Rainbow Bridge

Bluerauder
04-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Tonight my 16 year old "Snowball" went to join Duke, Keema and others at the Rainbow Bridge. We have had him since we came home from Germany many years ago. He was a purebred AKA registered Bichon Frise and was a true member of the family. He was just like my 4th child. With deep sorrow and tears in our eyes we put him to rest today. :bigcry: RIP Puppy ... you will be missed. And thanks for the many years of joy that you gave us. :up:

http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

fastblackmerc
04-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Joe Walsh
04-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Charlie, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Losing a pet is difficult, especially one that has been in the family for 16 years.
Joe

HwyCruiser
04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
My condolences, I know its tough to loose a pet. Hang in there and remember the good times. Rest in peace Snowball.

rayjay
04-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Good God, I was just reading the post I made about my Duke and when I returned, here was your post about Snowball. Deepest sympathy on your loss. I'm going to look at a new pup tomorrow and wanted to reread my thread for contemplation. I think your loss helped me make my mind up. Now if could stop sobbing...

MM03MOK
04-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Charlie....so sorry to hear your news. Indeed, there are many friends greeting Snowball over the Rainbow Bridge, my bunnies included....

Tallboy
04-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Abby [my Australian Shepherd] raises a paw skywards...:dogrun: :sunshine:

jabird56
04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Charlie, Our condolences to you. I had to put my yellow lab of 14 and 1/2 years down back in JAN05,....that was a rough day. I saw a lab at the Minneapolis Sportsman's Show this weekend and Macie is going to be breed here within the next week. Bottom line, I'm 1st on the list.
A friend of mind sent me this passage and the words are very strong.

A Dog’s Plea
<o:p> </o:p>
Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me things you would have me learn.<o:p></o:p>
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know from the fierce wagging of my tail whenever your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.<o:p></o:p>
Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, and no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the warm hearth.<o:p></o:p>
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.<o:p></o:p>
Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.<o:p></o:p>
And, my friend, when I am very old, and no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with my last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands.<o:p></o:p>
W.G. Corgill/1987<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

sweetair
04-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Charlie, Sorry for your families loss. It was about 15 yrs ago my Shepperd was liad down. My thoughts are with you........Bill

BUCKWHEAT
04-03-2006, 08:59 PM
My sympathy. I hadn't thought of this forum for such a personal loss. Thank you for reminding me. We lost our 14 1/2 year old Springer, Chelsea's Champion I Love Lucy, at the end of January. My wife Gina was with her. Lucy lifted her head, licked Gina's face one more time, put her head down and passed. I still cry about it.

But we still have Ricky!

the_pack_rat
04-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Bluerauder
04-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement, condolence, and support. :) I can't quite believe that I am taking this harder than I had ever expected. Last night was a very restless night. I am sure that this sadness will pass in time. :(

ckadiddle
04-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Sorry to hear about it Blue. Our thoughts are with you.

Haggis
04-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Chris and I send our sympathy to you, Bernie, George and the rest of your family. It will be hard for me when Smitty (13+) passes on.