PDA

View Full Version : PINKS (and song)

Breadfan
04-05-2006, 01:53 PM
So, I found the show "PINKS" on SpeedTV to be a lot better than I had expected. For those who do not know it, two drivers with their support teams battle out a best 3 out of 5 race for pinks at the dragstrip.

The runs are negotiated so the races are different each time. For example, the slower guy may request a few cars handicap, or the faster car may remove a stage of nitrous, or they may shorten from a 1320 to say an 1/8th mile or 1000ft track.

I figured the show would be 29 minutes of fluff and arguments and 1 minute of a single race. Turns out they race a bit more than that, and it's much more to the point than expected. There is some squabbling between teams, but it sorta helps you pick your favorite. :)

Also, for those who watch, what is the song they play at the end when the winner is announced? I'd like to play that in my car after toasting some rice at the track. :)

By the way, it's on Wed's at 9 and 930pm on Speed.

Joe Walsh
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM
3 of the 'PINKS' episodes were filmed locally at MIR in Southern Md.

Brian Bossone was in one episode...he owns E.L.D./Every Last Detail speed shop in Crofton, Md.

Another guy, who came in to my shop at work and told me about his episode, drove a turbo'd Honda that got owned by a built LS1 Trans Am.
The Trans Am was giving the guy 20 car lengths!!!:eek:
He said that each driver gets $3,000, even though they claim on 'PINKS' that no one gets paid to appear on the show.
He also said that both drivers had agreed before the races to sell the losers's car back to him for $1,000.

Unfortunately, I've missed almost every show because I'm always busy on Wednesday nights.:(

Sully008
04-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Another guy, who came in to my shop at work and told me about his episode, drove a turbo'd Honda that got owned by a built LS1 Trans Am.
The Trans Am was giving the guy 20 car lengths!!!:eek:
(

I've seen just about all the episodes except that one... They usually run an older episode before/after the new one of the week.

Breadfan - I think the name of the song is listed in the end credits of the show. The band is, for sure. I'll probably see tonight's episode.

duhtroll
04-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I believe one of the first ones was filmed right here in CF, IA at the "house of hook."

not a big fan of the show - just know they were there.

94_302
04-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Pinks is going to be in Gainesville, FL and they are looking for folks. Pinks (http://www.pinks.tv/castingintro.php)

"Rich and Stephen have scheduled a shoot for the end of May in Gainsville, Florida! I am looking for potential applicants that are willing and able to race. If you are ready to race IN MAY, call and email (nate@pullin.tv) me immediately. This is a great opportunity to get on PINKS!"

Thanks!
Nate
Casting Director

Maybe two Marauders should take the "blower wars" to the show, and since we are all buddies make a side arrangement to sell the car back cheap. It seems like a lot of people do get their cars back.

Paul T. Casey
04-05-2006, 03:52 PM
A kid who's friends with my son was or will be on the show. Yes, drivers get paid a stipend, no, you can't buy your car back for $1000 unless the winner agrees. This guy is driving a Nova, and will get beat. They brought 2 cars down, and someone showed up from California who was supposed to be on the show, but hadn't finished his car. He bought the back=up ride for a cool $30K cash. Not a total loss I guess. Don't get the show in current hotel, but I enjoy it sometimes.

Breadfan
04-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Pinks is going to be in Gainesville, FL and they are looking for folks. Pinks (http://www.pinks.tv/castingintro.php)

Maybe two Marauders should take the "blower wars" to the show, and since we are all buddies make a side arrangement to sell the car back cheap. It seems like a lot of people do get their cars back.

If they come back to MD I want to race my roommate's Vette. :)

Breadfan
04-05-2006, 04:22 PM
BTW. song is "Walkaway" by "The Nadas": http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009EBUN/103-8085503-6429424?v=glance&n=5174

hitchhiker
04-05-2006, 06:38 PM
So, I found the show "PINKS" on SpeedTV to be a lot better than I had expected. For those who do not know it, two drivers with their support teams battle out a best 3 out of 5 race for pinks at the dragstrip.

The runs are negotiated so the races are different each time. For example, the slower guy may request a few cars handicap, or the faster car may remove a stage of nitrous, or they may shorten from a 1320 to say an 1/8th mile or 1000ft track.

I figured the show would be 29 minutes of fluff and arguments and 1 minute of a single race. Turns out they race a bit more than that, and it's much more to the point than expected. There is some squabbling between teams, but it sorta helps you pick your favorite. :)

Also, for those who watch, what is the song they play at the end when the winner is announced? I'd like to play that in my car after toasting some rice at the track. :)

By the way, it's on Wed's at 9 and 930pm on Speed.

I don't watch Pinks anymore.

The whining about what the other guy has and the negotiation ruins the show, IMHO.

Show up and race, watch, or go home.

:D

bryanthomas
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah "Pinks" is pretty f'n weak. 20 car length head start?!?! WTF?! I wouldn't give some one a 1/2 a car length head start, nor would I ever have the lack of respect to ask for such a thing. Oh, and the host is a chode. :)

Breadfan
04-05-2006, 08:44 PM
It's no substitute for racing, or watching at the track.

But 9pm on a Wednesday there isn't anything better on TV for me. The "car shows" on TV may not all be the best, but I remember a time when there was 1 car show on a week. Now I can watch something about cars just about every evening.

Sure beats Murder She Wrote!