PDA

View Full Version : Eaton Rad Rides SEMA car stolen, $5,000 reward offered

Lone_Star
04-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Please help get the word out!

Eaton SEMA car stolen, $5,000 reward offered
http://www.midatlanticcarshow.com/images/cc-gallery_photos/rad_rides.jpg
Eaton is joining in the worldwide search for “Chocolate Thunder” the $450,000 custom convertible built by Rad Rides that was displayed at the Eaton booth during this year’s SEMA show and won the prestigious Mother's Shine Award. Rad Rides is offering a $5,000 reward for tips that lead to the return of the classic car and arrest and conviction of whoever took it.
The beauty, a 1937 Ford convertible with an Eaton supercharger, limited slip differential and Aeroquip hoses, was stolen around 6 a.m., April 6, from a parking lot in Brockville, Ontario, Canada along with its support trailer and Ford pick up tow vehicle.
Police have no leads and there are fears that the vehicle is headed out of North America and destined to be sold on the black market. It was one of three classic vehicles stolen that week in Brockville.
Rad Rides visionary Troy Trepanier said his team has sunk more than 8,500 hours into building the custom vehicle for its private owner who hasn't even had a chance to drive the vehicle yet. They vehicle was touring car shows throughout North America and was being transported in a 32’ trailer sponsored by Eaton.
Please contact Rad Rides @ (815) 468-2590 with any information.

KillJoy
04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
OMG! That takes BALLZ! That car is know "almost" World-Wide. How is anyone ever gonna drive it????

KillJoy

Lone_Star
04-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Probably get chopped.......:bigcry: as I type this

KillJoy
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
That would be sad. The engine bay on that sucker is sweeeeeet! Most of Troy's rides truely are Rad!

That's a lot of time put into a car to be stolen and hacked up by some A-Hole.

KillJoy

magindat
04-11-2006, 09:36 AM
They don't care. It was FREE to the theif. Therefore, selling off the parts nets a tidy profit. Never mind the few bucks from the trailer and tow vehicle!

MENINBLK
04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Who was the A-Hole who left it unattended OUTSIDE ??? :flamer:

Breadfan
04-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Maybe they stole it to repaint it a nicer color?

j/k

That truly sucks, Troy makes some nice stuff, usually his stuff has VERY high HP and is very streetable and goes around corners just as well as it goes straight.

To think of all the work that went into it and someone stole it is quite sad.

Hope they find it!

Lone_Star
04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
From what I understand, the guy had it parked outside of the hotel he was registering at. He was in there for 10 minutes and it was gone......

KillJoy
04-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Wonder if he left it running?????

KillJoy

Lone_Star
04-11-2006, 11:19 AM
thats what I was thinking

fastblackmerc
04-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Guys... Guys.... read the original post... was stolen along with the trailer & tow vehicle. Most likely the thief(s) broken into the tow vehicle and drove off with the trailer and car inside....

Lone_Star
04-11-2006, 01:04 PM
yes they took everything. Tow vehicle, trailer, and "chocolate thunder"

rocknrod
04-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I still can't believe the price they put on that.
I could build one like that, with a custom trailer and a beutiful tow vehicle. and hang still my head quoting a price like that.

By the way, I know Troy. So don't go there.

KillJoy
04-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Guys... Guys.... read the original post... was stolen along with the trailer & tow vehicle. Most likely the thief(s) broken into the tow vehicle and drove off with the trailer and car inside....

I understand that. If the Tow Rig was a Diesel, it would not be uncommon to leave it running while you ran inside for 10 Minutes.

KillJoy

KillJoy
04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
By the way, I know Troy. So don't go there.

So....wanna elobrate on that? How do you know Troy? Is he a friend, an
acquaintance, or did you just meet him?

Please...share....really :D

KillJoy

Logan
04-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Spoken like someone who hasn't see the car in person. I have, was there at SEMA and actually believe the 8500 hour investment in the car. The car is absolutely insane.

Blackened300a
04-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Im not sure where you can hide the car, Its too hard to drive without being noticed. you would think something with such a high price tag as that vehicle would have a higher reward offered??

SergntMac
04-11-2006, 05:02 PM
This car doesn't trip my trigger, but 8500 man hours and 450K invested...

Like the color scheme, or, not, this prize should have had a guard on it 24/7.

5K reward? Make it 10K and include dismemberment before arrest and conviction...

Carry on, Gents...

Mike Poore
04-12-2006, 03:13 AM
It was Jerry Barnes. In an effort to remove the pesky competition from the show circuits he's dispatched a "hit" squad with the code name "BIGGIE SLIMS" who are rounding up non-Trilogy vehicles, country wide. The confiscated imposter's are being stored behind the fleet of Impala SS' in Dave's garage. :beatnik:

(to save redundant, silly inquires, and resultant explanations, the above post is a joke, meant to amuse fellow enthusiasts, and in no way was intended to offend any person, living or otherwise. Also, any names used were purely fictional, and in no way meant to be confused with any person or persons.)

Lone_Star
04-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Jerry,
Their on to us, Im outta here.....:burnout:

(Mr.Poore, thanks for the laugh)