PDA

View Full Version : One Minute Mystery

dwasson
04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Detective Ford turned his collar up against the rain. I had rained almost continuously for the last three days.

“In here Detective!” the uniformed officer called from the garage, where he and another policeman were standing by a big black car.

Ford hurried past the front door of the small house to the large two-car garage. “What have you got,” he asked?

“Well sir,” the younger of the two uniformed policemen began. “Three hours ago a man wearing a blue baseball cap and red bandana over his face robbed a liquor store downtown. A witness says that a masked man ran from the store, and drove off in a black, late model, Mercury Marauder.

"A block away," he continued. "Another witness says that she was almost run over by a black Mercury Marauder. This witness said that the car was speeding down Main St. and stopped just before hitting her.

“We knew that Knuckles Jones drives a black Marauder, so we stopped by to ask him a few questions. Knuckles says that he has a cold and hasn’t left the house in three days. He gave us permission to search the car. In the trunk we found a blue baseball cap and a red bandana.”

Detective Ford stepped back from the Marauder and looked at it critically.

“Knuckles didn’t do it,” he said. “Look for another Marauder.”

How did Detective Ford know?

the_pack_rat
04-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Stone cold engine - no signs of water in garage, on car OR under(carriage) ?.

dwasson
04-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Nope, try again.

the_pack_rat
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Maybe the clue is here -

In the trunk we found a blue baseball and a red bandana.”

Was "blue baseball" not a typo ... for blue baseball cap ?. You meant to say blue baseball & not baseball cap ?.

Now if that WAS a typo .....

Maybe the clue should be the ball cap & bandana were DRY.

Regardless .....

I still stand by the stone cold engine - completely dry car & garage.

:D

dwasson
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Maybe the clue is here -

Was "blue baseball" not a typo ... for blue baseball cap ?. You meant to say blue baseball & not baseball cap ?.

Now if that WAS a typo .....

Maybe the clue should be the ball cap & bandana were DRY.

Regardless .....

I still stand by the stone cold engine - completely dry car & garage.

:D

Yeah it was a typo. I fixed it.

It isn't the cold, dry, car or the garage. He never say the ballcap and bandana. He knew by looking at the car.

the_pack_rat
04-12-2006, 09:44 PM
My final answer .....

Dust.

dwasson
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Nope, keep trying.

Agent M79
04-12-2006, 10:00 PM
This witness said that the car was speeding down Main St. and stopped just before hitting her.

Knuckles doesn't have a big brake kit and therefore would have plowed into the woman rendering her 'breathing challenged' and quite unable to tell the story without a psychic spirit channeler which the city couldn't afford since they were sued the previous year by animal rights activists for that whole squirrel shaving scandal.

dwasson
04-12-2006, 10:06 PM
No. but that is much better than my answer.

Black_Noise
04-13-2006, 01:24 AM
the marauder cant hook up in the rain... so he couldnt leave then scene of the crime

Blackened300a
04-13-2006, 02:42 AM
The Rear Suspension was sitting all the way down, If the car was ran in last 3 hours the airbags would have been filled.

jimlam56
04-13-2006, 02:50 AM
Rust on the Rotors...

94_302
04-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Because Detective Ford did it. :eek:

grampaws
04-13-2006, 03:27 AM
The cap and the bandana where dry -It had been raining for three days!

duhtroll
04-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Because only an idiot would drive a MM in the rain, and therefore it couldn't have happened?

-A

who drives his MM in the rain

(or that it would be obvious if the black MM was driven in the rain, but the story implies it hadn't)

baltimoremm
04-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Witnesses said that the robber drove off in a "late model" Marauder. Maybe Knuckles Jones has a 63 Marauder.

ckadiddle
04-13-2006, 06:32 AM
The crime happened during Marauderville!!!

fastblackmerc
04-13-2006, 06:36 AM
The trunk wasn't wet from the notorious dripping from the trunk lid after getting the car wet.

dwasson
04-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Rust on the Rotors...

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Bluerauder
04-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!
I don't buy this answer .... it was 3 hours since the incident. I have noticed light rust (metallic brake dust) on my rotors develop in less time after I have been out in bad weather. This guy is still a suspect ..... ;)

Yeah, I know "duhtroll", I am an idiot .... I drive my MM in the rain and in the snow .... and it's still fun !!!! :D Of course, I am now spending lots of time keeping her clean ... so much so that the neighbors are starting to notice that "I have the MM obsession". Now they wanna know how much I charge !!! But I do not do windows, Hondas, or Toyotas. :rofl:

dwasson
04-13-2006, 08:11 AM
I don't buy this answer .... it was 3 hours since the incident. I have noticed light rust (metallic brake dust) on my rotors develop in less time after I have been out in bad weather. This guy is still a suspect ..... ;)

You can have a few rusty spots on the rotors in a couple hours, but it takes a couple days to completely cover the rotor in rust.

duhtroll
04-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey, mine sees rain, snow, HAIL last Thursday - WTF? and even mud when I have to go to my Mom's out in the country. I admit sometimes we take my wife's car.

Funny how she always knows. On a rainy day I say "can we take your car?" and she replies with "you just washed the Marauder again, didn't you?"

Yeah, I know "duhtroll", I am an idiot .... I drive my MM in the rain and in the snow .... and it's still fun !!!! :D Of course, I am now spending lots of time keeping her clean ... so much so that the neighbors are starting to notice that "I have the MM obsession". Now they wanna know how much I charge !!! But I do not do windows, Hondas, or Toyotas. :rofl:

jefferson-mo
04-14-2006, 08:54 AM
2 people witnessed a "Black Mercury Marauder"

99.9% of people don't know what a Marauder is..............including car salesmen...................... ....

Bluerauder
04-14-2006, 10:36 AM
2 people witnessed a "Black Mercury Marauder"

99.9% of people don't know what a Marauder is..............including car salesmen...................... ....
You're right !!! :up: Very suspicious !!! :D

junior
04-14-2006, 12:10 PM
The trunk wasn't wet from the notorious dripping from the trunk lid after getting the car wet.

I like fastblack's answer better. :beer: