PDA

View Full Version : One Minute Mystery #3

dwasson
04-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Detective Ford idly shuffled through the crime scene photos as he listened to the videotaped statement from Mrs. Smith.

“Bill, my husband, has been threatening to kill me the last two or three days. So, I loaded up my car and I was going to my mother’s. Anyway, I had just backed out of the garage, and pushed the garage door closer, when Bill drove up behind me. He ran out of his truck and opened my passenger door. I was scared to death, so I got the pistol from my purse and I shot him. Then I called 911.”

Ford heard the woman sobbing on the videotape as she explained how Mr. Smith has bought the pistol for home defense. As he half listened, he thumbed through the photos.

1.Mrs. Smith’s late model Grand Marquis, both front doors open, stopped between a F-150 and the garage door.
2.Bill Smith’s body, face down on the driveway in a pool of blood, with the shadow of a car door crossing his head.
3.Another view of Bill Smith’s body, looking toward the car, Ford could see through the open passenger side front door, across the leather upholstered bench seat.
4.A third view of Bill Smith’s body, a set of car keys just beyond his outreached right hand.

Meanwhile the statement on the videotape continued:

“Bring her in and question her again,” Ford said absently.

“Why,” one of the other policemen in the room asked?

“I don’t know how it happened,” Ford replied. “But it sure didn’t happen the way she says it did.”

Why did Ford think that Mrs. Smith was lyng?

fastblackmerc
04-13-2006, 06:49 PM
If he was trying to get in the passenger's side door when he was shot, why was he laying face-down? He should have been lying face-up.

dwasson
04-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Nope, try again.

MMM2003
04-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Nope, try again.

If he truly run from his truck to his wife's vehicle, why didn't he open the drivers door, and, most importantly, why did he turn his ignition off and took the keys out? That doesn't sound like he was running to do anything.

How is that?

Thanks,

Peter

dwasson
04-13-2006, 07:17 PM
If he truly run from his truck to his wife's vehicle, why didn't he open the drivers door, and, most importantly, why did he turn his ignition off and took the keys out? That doesn't sound like he was running to do anything.

How is that?

Thanks,

Peter

Nope, try again.

baltimoremm
04-13-2006, 07:19 PM
He couldnt have opened the passenger door as she was backing out. The doors would have locked automatically when she put it in gear, and there is no keyhole on the passenger side.

dwasson
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
We have a winner.

I gotta think of some more.

baltimoremm
04-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I WIN!!
These are good, keep em coming!

TooManyFords
04-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Mine only locks the doors when I am in gear and THEN press the Brake. Oherwise it stays unlocked.

??

Bluerauder
04-14-2006, 06:27 AM
He couldnt have opened the passenger door as she was backing out. The doors would have locked automatically when she put it in gear, and there is no keyhole on the passenger side.
Dang it ... I knew this answer ... just 12 hours after everyone else. :rofl: Keep 'em coming Dan, I like mysteries. :D

Dan
04-14-2006, 06:35 AM

Isn't it possible to override this through the computer?

TooManyFords
04-14-2006, 07:18 AM
If he had the key to the car, there is a good chance he had the keyless remote on the ring as well. If so, then he just unlocked the door with that. How many people put just the key and not the remote on their ring?

(But i still like these one-minute teasers!!)

DEFYANT
04-14-2006, 07:30 AM
If he had the key to the car, there is a good chance he had the keyless remote on the ring as well. If so, then he just unlocked the door with that. How many people put just the key and not the remote on their ring?

(But i still like these one-minute teasers!!)

Actually, me. My Marauder key chain has the fob on it. But my "everyother" key chain has just a key on it. :o

jefferson-mo
04-14-2006, 07:48 AM
Do they lock in reverse? I thought they only lock in drive...........also what if it was an 86 Grand Marquis?

Gettin' picky now........................ :rasta:

duhtroll
04-14-2006, 07:56 AM
yes they do

dwasson
04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Isn't it possible to override this through the computer?

No, but ninjas can threaten it into non-performance.