PDA

View Full Version : Old Car Trivia #7

dwasson
04-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Describe the pedal operation of the Ford Model 'T'.

Blackened300a
04-14-2006, 04:09 PM
trick question there were no pedals there was a lever on the steering column for the throttle, and the brake was a lever as well

BTW

1000th POST

SergntMac
04-14-2006, 04:11 PM
I quit...
_________

Rider90
04-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Describe the pedal operation of the Ford Model 'T'.
There is a "Gas" and a "Spark" lever on the steering wheel. There is an "R", a "C", and a "B". R is reverse, B is brake, and C stands for clutch but it moves you forward only. If it is a two speed, there is a lever coming out of the floor that has a parking brake position, a gear one, and a gear two. To shift into second from first you must be going at the upper end of first gear's power with the "C" pedal fully depressed. Once that is done, move the gear lever all the way forward and let off the clutch pedal. No feet are using any pedals, you are in second gear, and are hauling about 25-35 MPH of ass.

This operation will vary from years. The year I am referring to is 1919.

I can go outside and take pictures of it, too....

dwasson
04-14-2006, 05:12 PM
That is better than I could have explained it. I watched someone drive a Model 'T' once and it looked like a really complex dance.

ctrcbob
04-15-2006, 12:52 PM
The 1915 which my friend owned operated the same as the 1919 mentioned above.
Throttle and spark advance were on the steering post, one on each side.
One foot pad is for the brake.
One foot pad is for Reverse
One foot pad is for Forward. All the way down was "Low", midway was neutral and all the way up was "High". Don't remember how you got it from Low to High.

My friend could always start it with no more than two flips of the crank. Try as I might, I could never flip that dam crank fast enough to get it started, and I was 19 years younger then him.

ckadiddle
04-15-2006, 02:35 PM
I was going to guess and say "like a Stairmaster!"...