PDA

View Full Version : Old Car Trivia #17

dwasson
04-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Cale Yarborough large role in the growth of NASCAR. What was the one major thing he did to make NASCAR a major TV sport?

mr.continental
04-14-2006, 07:33 PM
guest starred on "The Dukes of Hazzard."

Remeber the episode with the 3 General Lees?

fastblackmerc
04-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Got in a fight after a race?

dwasson
04-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Got in a fight after a race?

We have another winner! At the end of the 1979 Daytona 500, Cale and Donnie Allison swapped paint on the last lap and both of them ended up in the infield. Richard Petty snuck past for the win, but the cameras were on Cale pulling Donnie Allison out of his car and punching him.

Do any of the current crop of NASCAR drivers have that kind of style?

BlackHole
04-14-2006, 07:46 PM
We have another winner! At the end of the 1979 Daytona 500, Cale and Donnie Allison swapped paint on the last lap and both of them ended up in the infield. Richard Petty snuck past for the win, but the cameras were on Cale pulling Donnie Allison out of his car and punching him.

Do any of the current crop of NASCAR drivers have that kind of style?

And good old Bobby Allison stopped and helped his brother nothing like 2 to 1 odds:beer: :beer: now its if you touch anyone we'er going to fine and pentilize you. I say Nascar needs to go back to actual STOCK!!!!! CAR RACING and its rough and tumble style it has lost since they went commercial.

mr.continental
04-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Probably not. Although the newest issue of ESPN Magazine has a NASCAR advertisement done up like a poster for a "fight night".

Main Event is.

Jeff "The Rainbow Warrior" Gordon
V.S.
Matt "The Killer Bee" Kenseth

dwasson
04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
And good old Bobby Allison stopped and helped his brother nothing like 2 to 1 odds:beer: :beer: now its if you touch anyone we'er going to fine and pentilize you. I say Nascar needs to go back to actual STOCK!!!!! CAR RACING and its rough and tumble style it has lost since they went commercial.

Yeah, that's why I don't watch NASCAR anymore.

Leadfoot281
04-14-2006, 10:21 PM
"the unknown south-eastern Minnesota farmer" that built Cale Yarboroughs engines lives a few miles from my house. Cales 1970 stock car is in his museum on I-90.

Anyone here know his name?

I'll give you a clue; he helped me with my first engine swap.