PDA

View Full Version : Attention Photoshoppers

natedog1284
04-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi all. To any and all of you guys that are proficient at using Photoshop, I wanted to ask you if you would be good enough to do up a picture for me of a white Marauder with a black stripe like that found on a 1969 Boss 302. I want to give my car as much of an old-school muscle car look as possible. In doing so, I want to be as true to Ford/Mercury as possible, and I have always been partial to black on white. Plus, I think it would be pretty unique, especially since there aren't a lot of Marauders around here anyway. Below is a pic of the stripe I'm referring to; I would have it go along one side, across the top of the hood, (closest to the windshield), and down the other side. I would not do the perpendicular stripe down the center of the hood. Oh, and I would change the "Boss 302" to "S-55" (between the separation in the stripe, right where the "Boss" is), and I would do the S-55 painted tail lights. If anyone can help me I would be very greatful. Thanks again!
-Nate

STLR FN
04-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Screw it just give me the 69 Boss. :D

Dark_Knight7096
04-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi all. To any and all of you guys that are proficient at using Photoshop, I wanted to ask you if you would be good enough to do up a picture for me of a white Marauder with a black stripe like that found on a 1969 Boss 302. I want to give my car as much of an old-school muscle car look as possible. In doing so, I want to be as true to Ford/Mercury as possible, and I have always been partial to black on white. Plus, I think it would be pretty unique, especially since there aren't a lot of Marauders around here anyway. Below is a pic of the stripe I'm referring to; I would have it go along one side, across the top of the hood, (closest to the windshield), and down the other side. I would not do the perpendicular stripe down the center of the hood. Oh, and I would change the "Boss 302" to "S-55" (between the separation in the stripe, right where the "Boss" is), and I would do the S-55 painted tail lights. If anyone can help me I would be very greatful. Thanks again!
-Nate

FYI, that's a 1970 Boss 302. I know, I had one! :D The '69 Boss 302 had a backwards "C" type stripe on them and their hoods were painted flat black, kinda like this:
http://www.protsys.com/SAACColorado/S_telewis.JPG
Ok, i'm done now.

natedog1284
04-19-2006, 05:42 PM
FYI, that's a 1970 Boss 302. I know, I had one! :D The '69 Boss 302 had a backwards "C" type stripe on them and their hoods were painted flat black, kinda like this:
Ok, i'm done now.

Oops, my bad. I still prefer the hockey stick style of the '70. So, any takers out there? I just want to make it a little easier for me to get an estimate at a paint shop, plus I want to see what it looks like before I make the commitment. Thanks again!

natedog1284
04-20-2006, 05:33 PM
....*cricket* *cricket*....

Oh well, I tried....:alone:

RR|Suki
04-20-2006, 05:37 PM
....*cricket* *cricket*....

Oh well, I tried....:alone:

wish I could... I suck a PS though... just keep bumpin it, someone skilled will see

Sully008
04-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey natedog,

Here's a quick PS of what you were looking for. Credit for the pic goes to bigslim as I borrowed it from Rider90's favorite pic thread. Slim, if you want me to take it down just let me know.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90 15&stc=1&d=1145600414

bigslim
04-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey natedog,

Here's a quick PS of what you were looking for. Credit for the pic goes to bigslim as I borrowed it from Rider90's favorite pic thread. Slim, if you want me to take it down just let me know.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90 15&stc=1&d=1145600414
No problem.

Bradley G
04-21-2006, 03:49 AM
Silver on black, might look cool too!
Thanks, for you efforts!, Mike.

magindat
04-21-2006, 04:52 AM
My paint job was inspired partially by the 69 Gurney/Yarborough Cyclone.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/4/8/cyclone.jpg

Same idea. True to Mercury roots.

natedog1284
04-21-2006, 06:31 AM
Hey natedog,

Awesome! Thanks Sully, that's the kinda thing I'm looking for. I had thought/am thinking about silver, but I still really love white, so I don't know. But again thanks, and thanks also to Darryl for the donation!

Magindat gets what I'm doin! I like to base my ideas of of previous great cars to make my great car even better!

natedog1284
04-21-2006, 04:09 PM
....Same idea. True to Mercury roots.

Exactly. If I could find a way to be more true to an original Marauder, then I would, but I can't really do that with just paint. I had thought about a Mopar-style hockey stick stripe, but I definately like this better, and as you said, it's a Ford style, so it just makes sense.