PDA

View Full Version : Ford SVT lives

03marauder99vic
04-19-2006, 06:49 PM
I guess they can't make up their mind.

NEW YORK — Ford's downsized plan for its endangered Special Vehicle Team now will offer "one performance Mustang and one performance truck in our lineup going forward," said Mark Fields, Ford executive vice president and president of the Americas. Previously, the Dearborn automaker had said SVT would have as many as five products.

Fields said the automaker expects "to sell 5,000-10,000 of each SVT vehicle a year going forward." The Shelby GT500, the latest Mustang developed by SVT, goes on sale this summer. Fields would not say what kind of performance truck is in the works for SVT or when it would hit showrooms. The Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin, which was slated for 2007, was canceled as part of the automaker's Way Forward program.

Fields also said the latest variant of the F-150, the FX2 Sport, is coming this fall. "We created the FX2 Sport based on customer input for a 4x2 version of its off-roading cousin," Fields said in remarks late last week at the New York International Auto Show. "The FX2 Sport is a street truck with a monochromatic look, upgraded cabin, and uncompromised towing and hauling capability. We expect the new FX2 Sport to eventually account for up to 5 percent of all F-150 sales."

What this means to you: Sounds like Chrysler's SRT successes are impossible to ignore.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=110051

STLR FN
04-19-2006, 06:57 PM
I still say the Sport trac Adrenaline is coming. My wife works right next door to Fords central lot where they keep some of their future cars under wraps. One of the vehicles is a "beefed-up, monochromatic" Sport Trac with blacked out wheels that are not condusive to a "normal" Sport Trac. We'll see.

cyclone03
04-20-2006, 08:33 AM
I still say the Sport trac Adrenaline is coming. My wife works right next door to Fords central lot where they keep some of their future cars under wraps. One of the vehicles is a "beefed-up, monochromatic" Sport Trac with blacked out wheels that are not condusive to a "normal" Sport Trac. We'll see.

They kept the style but lost the beef.
No more blower.The Adrenalin has become a style package only.
Local dealer bud had one on the lot but by the time I got around to going over it was sold.

STLR FN
04-20-2006, 10:05 AM
They kept the style but lost the beef.
No more blower.The Adrenalin has become a style package only.
Local dealer bud had one on the lot but by the time I got around to going over it was sold.Are you sure the dealer wasn't referring to the '01-'06 Style Adrenaline pkg? Cause you know how accurate dealers are with their info. :lol: