PDA

View Full Version : This is my vow...

baltimoremm
04-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I dont post much, but I feel the need to share this.
For the past couple months, my finances have been getting tighter and tighter. Buying a bigger house, gas prices are going up, BGE (utilities) going up in June, and my wife found out she's expecting our first child earlier this month.
I've made my vow to do whatever it takes to keep affording my Marauder. I love the car too much to trade it in for a ricer for a few more MPG! If I need to save a few bucks, I'll sacrifice some luxuries and expenses here or there, but mark my words...I'M NOT GIVING UP MY MARAUDER!!! I'm gonna make it happen.

Shora
04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
I believe that you will feel that you are making the right decision in the long run.

More importantly, CONGRATS on the Little One!!:beer:

Joe Walsh
Glad to hear that you are sticking with the Marauder!

Plenty of room in the back for a baby seat! Congrats!

DEFYANT
Congrats on being a Daddy! It's the greatest job on Earth.

I got the MM because the family needed a big 4 door car with a large trunk. You NEED the Marauder as much as WANT the Marauder.

1stMerc
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Congrats.

Wife first baby
Marauder second baby
Baby third baby

Life is good, enjoy!!

duhtroll
04-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Heck, "giving up luxuries" is how I'm in a Marauder in the first place.

I showed my wife all the money I saved by not drinking, not smoking, and not playing golf at $35 per game.

The Marauder was an easy sell after that. Also, the baby seat (we needed a bigger car anyway for the kidlet to be) matched the interior PERFECTLY.

And the bonus -

My wife is afraid to drive it!

Cha-CHING.

-A

MM03MOK
04-20-2006, 06:15 AM
And the bonus -

My wife is afraid to drive it!
What is it with these women!! I'm gonna hafta talk to them!! :rolleyes: :run:

Bluerauder
04-20-2006, 06:24 AM
I'll sacrifice some luxuries and expenses here or there, but mark my words...I'M NOT GIVING UP MY MARAUDER!!! I'm gonna make it happen.
Now that's the right attitude !!! :up: And, congratulations :congrats: on the family expansion.

magindat
04-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Congrats on the kid!

Another keeping point:
Wreck survivability. I creamed my front. Broke a full size Chevy PU in half. Hit it goin 60 and spun. The car survived and was made better than stock The worst injury was an airbag burn. Kid was in the back seat. Beat dat in a ricer!

MarauderMark
04-20-2006, 12:13 PM
You have to do whatever you can nowadays to survive cause theres no price droppings anywhere..Congrats Dad:up: