PDA

View Full Version : Another CNY Police Officer Killed

rayjay
04-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Trooper Craig Todeschini, a 3 year Member of the NYSP lost his life yesterday while in pursuit of a motorcycle. That makes three local LEOs killed this year. Please say a prayer for him and his expectant wife. Thank you.

KillJoy
04-24-2006, 06:37 PM
That sucks. Thoughts to his family.

KillJoy

MI2QWK4U
04-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Another Hero. Don't forget his sacrifice.

Here is his Officer Down Tribute Page:
http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18292 (http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18292)

This is a great website for things like this...
http://www.odmp.org/ (http://www.odmp.org/)

MI2QWK4U
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
From a teletype this morning....
"Trooper Todeschinis family requests, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Craig Todeschini Memorial Trust Fund established to benefit his son and unborn child. Send any donations C/O NYS PBA 120 State Street Albany, NY 12207."

My check is on the way....

rayjay
04-26-2006, 11:35 AM
From a teletype this morning....
"Trooper Todeschinis family requests, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Craig Todeschini Memorial Trust Fund established to benefit his son and unborn child. Send any donations C/O NYS PBA 120 State Street Albany, NY 12207."

My check is on the way....

Thanks for the support for the family. Due to my schedule this week I can not attend the funeral tomorrow. Awaiting the edict out of Albany for no more pursuits with Tahoes...

Rider90
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
More people replied in the oil thread than the thread about a police officer being killed on duty. Kind of disapointing.

Sorry to hear this news. I don't pray, but I feel sorry for his wife and his kid that will grow up without a father.

MI2QWK4U
04-26-2006, 12:42 PM
More people replied in the oil thread than the thread about a police officer being killed on duty. Kind of disapointing.

Thanks for saying what I have been thinking. I thought it was just me.

MI2QWK4U
04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the support for the family. Due to my schedule this week I can not attend the funeral tomorrow. Awaiting the edict out of Albany for no more pursuits with Tahoes...

Is that what he was driving? Our department policy forbids pursuits using SUV's.

RR|Suki
04-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Sad to hear :( . To think people who put their lives out there for us don't get the consideration they deserve

Hotrauder
04-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Our prayers will include his young family and all of the LEOs who have it on the line every day for all of us. A check is on the way. We did not know this young trooper but lived and worked in upstate NY for 36 years and had the opportunity to meet many young men like trooper Todeschinis. Please make a donation if you can to assist his young wife and their unborn child. Dennis

rayjay
04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Is that what he was driving? Our department policy forbids pursuits using SUV's.

Yes, but 2WD. Still a truck. Maybe fine for the interstates, but on country roads... He slid off a curve, took a tree in the drivers door, killed instantly.

MI2QWK4U
04-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Sad to hear :( . To think people who put their lives out there for us don't get the consideration they deserve

No, they don't. Its such a waste. Every Day I think about my buddy that was shot and murdered 5 years ago at a domestic dispute. Probably the best cop I ever worked with. Every day he had a new joke for us. I miss the dumb jokes. Its important to remember the family, but often the slain officer's co workers are forgotten. I can tell you from personal experience, its horrible. Even with training in critical incident debriefing in post tramatic situations, it is still overwhelming. Its been 5 years and I still get choked up and cry over the whole thing, thank God for that, lets me know I am still human. Sorry if its depressing, feels good to say though.

rayjay
04-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Arrest made in Trooper death:

http://www.centralmediaserver.com/WIXT/News%20Images/carncross.jpg

Syracuse (WSYR-TV) - A 20-year-old man has been arraigned on charges following the Sunday crash that killed State Trooper Craig Todeschini.

James Carncross of Jamesville has been charged with aggravated manslaughter and aggravated negligent homicide, according to Onondaga County District Attorney Bill Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick says Carncross could face these tougher charges thanks to a new state law. He says the case will go before an Onondaga County grand jury in the next couple weeks.
Fitzpatrick's office says Carncross’ attorney claimed in court Friday morning that his client didn’t know he was being chased by the trooper. However Fitzpatrick also says Carncross signed a statement in court Friday morning that admits to his involvement in this case.

Carncross is also facing a probation violation. He is being held without bail on that violation.
Fitzpatrick says several witnesses called police after they appealed for the public’s help in this investigation. Also, Fitzpatrick says several people called in because they were concerned a police vehicle was chasing them.
“It would not have been possible to solve this case without help from the public,” Fitzpatrick said.
Fitzpatrick says Carncross could face these tougher charges thanks to a new state law. He says the case will go before an Onondaga County grand jury in the next couple weeks.

During Friday's news conference, Fitzpatrick linked Carncross to a group called CNYStunters. The group's website has links to learning more about avoiding police radar, and claims "Since there is no real place to practice, we basically ride out in the country, where we can go as fast as we want, stunt to our hearts content, without fear of Po-Po (police) or Traffic."

Thousands attended Trooper Todeschini's funeral in Fairmount Thursday. He was killed Sunday night when his SUV crashed during a high-speed motorcycle pursuit.
Several people spoke during Trooper Todeschini’s funeral in Fairmount, including his mother, other family members, Governor Pataki, the Superintendent of the State Police, and Bishop Moynihan.
Trooper Todeschini was buried at St. Mary’s Cemetery in DeWitt. The funeral lasted several hours, and included a 21 gun salute and fly-over at the end.

If you would like to make a donation in memory of Trooper Todeschini, send your donation to:

Trooper Todeschini Children's Fund
C/O NYSPBA
120 State Street
Albany, NY 12207

We have cut the funeral video into several segments, and they are listed below:

-CLICK HERE to watch the entire funeral. (http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=108898@vi deo.wixt.com)

PJR
05-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Very sad. I hope the state helps out the family like they do here in New Mexico. Nobody can replace their loss, but a payment from the state can ease the immediate need for money. We recently lost an Officer in the metro Albuquerque area. I did not know him, but rode in the motorcade. (One of the negatives of riding a Motor)

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18253

Last dispatch always gets me.

Oh, by the way, the dirtbag was caught and arrested by Mexican Authorities on an immigration charge. The Deputies that reported to the border to extradite him had to pay a $5000 bond to the Mexican government!!!! They had to use their bankcards to get the grabs on the bad guy.

rayjay
05-02-2006, 04:02 AM
Oh, by the way, the dirtbag was caught and arrested by Mexican Authorities on an immigration charge. The Deputies that reported to the border to extradite him had to pay a $5000 bond to the Mexican government!!!! They had to use their bankcards to get the grabs on the bad guy.

Thats unbelieveable. :bs: :bs: :bs: