PDA

View Full Version : Scared of an Impala SS ?

BISHOPSS95
09-16-2002, 12:47 PM
If your not I need to tell you that the Southern Super Heavy Shootout is starting to fill fast. We will limit the event to 250 cars. This will give you an opportunity to run all day. We have gas pumps with all types of octaine within the track so you never have to leave. The event is American made for V8 powered RWD cars over 3500lb's. NO TRUCKS, NO FWD, NO RICE !!!

We need to have Marauders both raceing and on display.

We will have real cop cars (Georgia State Patrol). We would like to have you too!

This is for the most part a bracket racing event with three catagories 14sec and up, 13.99 to 13.0 and 12.99 and under so you will not be next to a 12 sec car with a stock machine. One buy back and dedicated lanes for the losers to run all day long. The heads up is run what you brung..and hope you brought enough!! Heads up will be on a pro tree...loose your done but still race with me in the losers lane.

So, are you scared of me? Or would you like to race me?

www.sshs2.com

MAD-3R
09-16-2002, 01:01 PM
I fear no bowtie's!

I would love to attend, but work is still to new for me to have anytime off.

MAD-3R
09-16-2002, 01:24 PM
Then again, it isn't till later in the year... I may just. Need to talk to the wife.

I'm a happly married man. Just ask my wife.

BISHOPSS95
09-16-2002, 01:40 PM
Bring her along MAD-3R. The hotel is directly across the largest mall in Georgia! The Mall of Georgia also has the NASCAR experence for full size SIM racing.

It will be a blast.

:D

MAD-3R
09-16-2002, 01:45 PM
I am lucky that she's not the shopping type. But she does have car envy now.
I got her a PT Cruiser when they first came out, (waited 6 months) and now, she says hers has to be supped up before I can work on mine. God, and I whipped... ;)
but i do have a $35,000 car for it. :D :cool:

03 Merc
09-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Jim, Bring one out so I can open this can of whoop em!!!:p :p What do you mean the Impala is a "gasp" v-6!! Ye Gads someone stole 2 cylinders!!! ...Probably made a Geo out of it... What ITS FWD!!! Lord have Mercy what's next??? Dare I say defections to the "True Blue" when they can admire our cars, covertly of course!!!

Seriously guys we need more Marauder attendance at this meet...to date I am the only signed up... lets get some more signed up!! The Bowtie guys aren't all as mean as BishopSS95 and it ought to be lots of fun for all... The GASSIT Club is going all out for this and it ought to be some serious racing as well as showing... The rides I have seen at GASSIT have all been something to see and well done... Plus some fast Lincolns are going to show so they need our support as well!!

BISHOPSS95
09-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Sorry, been around CVO to long. Thank goodness it's gone. CVN is much more polite but still takes some pushing. This place is much more professional.

Thanks Wayne

:cool:

03 Merc
09-16-2002, 02:23 PM
Jim,

Mercury is "upscale" Ford....:rolleyes: ..the pricing proves that!

Hey BTW I volunteered to help out at SSH2 on your board but someone deleted the post along with a batch of others as well...I did update the database though. Let me know how I can assist, I am looking forward to it...

Are you guys doing either Canton or First Baptist Woodstock this coming Saturday??

VaderSS
09-16-2002, 02:43 PM
First off, I HATE the idea of a Front drive WIMPALA SS, but... have you ever driven or raced a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP?

Well, the GrandPrix is the Pontiac version of the "W" body which is what the 2000+ Impala is. Stock, it will run low 15s/high 14s. They are very easy to put into the 13s. I don't like 'em, but I do respect them.

BISHOPSS95
09-16-2002, 02:44 PM
I saw that too Wayne. Deleted posts. Oh well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Will you be taking your MM down the track? or just show.

I will be talking to the Public Affairs Director at Mercury tomorrow. Hope to get some corporate attention for this event.

03 Merc
09-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Jim,

Let me know if you want a "owner" / "repeat" Lincoln Mercury customer on line with you or to follow up with the PA folks.

If I get enough mileage on the Marauder prior to SSH2 I may upgrade to "track" status...right now I am just signed up to show... SSH3 will be track time:D :D as I will be modded by then...

Wags
09-17-2002, 04:36 AM
I'd love to attend, but it is just too far to go. Plus, which car do I bring? Bring the MM, and get bashed by my Chevy buddies (they are STILL giving me grief ), bring the Impala, and get it from the Ford guys. Good thing it's too far to go. :cool:

BISHOPSS95
09-17-2002, 04:51 AM
Wayne is someone else in your possie going to sign up? and run? They will be the star of the show. We will give them TLC.

MAD-3R
09-17-2002, 05:37 AM
Ok,
I talk to "The Wife" and she's interested in going. Nothing in stone right now, but it wasn't ruled out. Damn, I might just have to get her that new exhaust just for being. :)

BISHOPSS95
09-17-2002, 05:54 AM
You could hit the 50/50 !

03 Merc
09-17-2002, 05:56 AM
Pete,

Bring all three!! I'll get the LTD ready and we can run it and the Chevelle...

Jim,

It seems not enough have sold to get a good response.. I am trying to convince my "Minister of Finance" to give me a chip and 4.10s for my birthday...(You want to do what to a new car!!!) if that somehow happens I'll upgrade to race status..

However since I'll be putting in new seats, (New cloth replacements) carpet and convertible top on the LTD the end of this month I ain't holding my breath...

MAD-3R
09-17-2002, 06:01 AM
Not sure I understand the "50/50"?

BISHOPSS95
09-17-2002, 06:24 AM
50/50 is something used in car shows and other events. Tickets sold are a buck for each, or $5 for an arm length, $10 for the both arms. $20 for the length of your car and so on. The pot is then split 50/50 with the winning ticket getting half and the other half going to the event.

Just another way to have fun.

Hope to see yall

MAD-3R
09-17-2002, 06:58 AM
Yeah, If I did hit it, it would all go to her.

What's hers is hers, and what's mine is hers.

We have friends down that way, so attending would serve multiple purposes.

MAD-3R
09-18-2002, 11:36 AM
What are gas prices like in/near the strip?

When is the latest we can regester online?

And to clearify, it's just $25 to show, and not run. But I could upgrade later if i what to.

Still not set, but closer. ;)

(wondering if I could a sponser...):D

03 Merc
09-18-2002, 11:46 AM
MAD-3R,

Right now premium 93 octane is selling for around $1.37 to $1.45 in Georgia. We have some of the lowest prices in the country..limp across the border as it will be cheaper here...

I am signed up to show but may upgrade to track later as well...

By the way there are a zillion Discount Mall stores in Commerce where the event is being held....this in addition to the mall...fortunately my wife has family in town that weekend!!!:D

MAD-3R
09-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info.

And it's more then one border away.

BISHOPSS95
09-18-2002, 12:01 PM
They will have fuel at the track. And when I say fuel I mean not only 93 octain but would you like 100? How about 104? Need 109?

Racing Fuel.............. The type the big boys use.

MAD-3R
09-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Ohhhh 104 octain.... aghhhhh
::Whipes drool off chin::

Daddy wants!!

Hee hee.
Of course, thats if we are able to motorvate down.

03 Merc
09-18-2002, 12:24 PM
I always wanted to see melted Megs tips....:D :D or glow like the sun cats......just don't park on the grass afterwards...;)

MAD-3R
09-21-2002, 07:09 AM
:(
Well, the great gods of financing have spoken, and we just can't afford to go down at this time.

All I can say is, Maybe Next Year.

BISHOPSS95
10-10-2002, 07:11 AM
SSHS2 is now an official NHRA Sanctioned Event. GASSIT has been accepted as a NHRA Sanctioned Orginization.

Come on lets run

MAD-3R
10-10-2002, 07:17 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!! Big Feather for you guys!!

RCSignals
10-14-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by BISHOPSS95
Sorry, been around CVO to long. Thank goodness it's gone. CVN is much more polite but still takes some pushing. This place is much more professional.

Thanks Wayne

I agree this place is more...mature..... Must be because pretty much everyone posting here is well out of High school, unlike CVN.

I can't agree with you about CVO. Surely you are not one of those who only frequented the lounge and thought it was the whole place :eek:

BISHOPSS95
10-14-2002, 06:59 AM
In getting the work out about SSHS2 I use the lounge only on both the former CVO and CVN. So yes the only place I post is in the lounge. As with MM.net I feel this is the only place suited for my activity. This is your car. I do not own one. But we do share a common passion for the big beasts. Most importantly I feel a need to share what the GASSIT club and I have done when you clubs are forming. The big car placement in the pecking order of performance makes it a unique player. This is something you will find in both the show and race aspects of our whales. A special class will need to be setup at all Ford events. The formation of most of the current Impala clubs took shape years after the last car rolled off the line. But the numbers at Chevy events dictated the need for a separate class. The Super Chevy Show, Peach State Bow Tie Show and others now have classes for the 94-96 Impala.

So I feel the lounge is the best place for me. I understood that the tech information on CVO was very good and that most of the lounge is just kids (I'm 43). But, the lounge was more of a car wreck and you just have to look. I get flamed a lot in both CVN and before in CVO. No big deal. Just part of life on the "other" side in playing the bad guy trying to get them to race in SSHS2.

RCSignals
10-14-2002, 11:02 PM
I know what you are getting at BISHOPSS95, and don't disagree. I'm just tired of people judging a site sole based upon a forum that clearly had nothing to do with cars and was lableled as such, as well as being 'no holds barred'
Some people constantly complaned there was no tech there......well no kidding, it wasn't the forum for it. LOL

BISHOPSS95
10-16-2002, 06:05 AM
Update on www.sshs2.com

Reminder this is now a NHRA sanctioned event. All NHRA rules apply.

1. The track is ours alone 11/9, web page at Atlanta Dragway is not correct.
2. The scales at the track will be open
3. Hi Octane Fuel will be available for sale
4. For all you juice junkies we have a shop for N20 refills at the track.
5. Track prep materials will be used ( so wax those rear quarters )
6. If you are preregistered, you should have gotten a post card with your "pass"
7. trophies will be awarded at the track after 5PM
8. We will have use of the tower, tree, timing scoreboards, concession stand will be open.
9. We will be taking as many pictures as we can, so you ..with the long hair..get a haircut!
10. Rain Date is Sunday 11/10/02