PDA

View Full Version : A few trips to NJ - Blown Vette

Breadfan
04-28-2006, 09:13 PM
So in the past month I've driven my roommate to N.J. twice. (Little does Charlie know since I forgot to mention it, but we spotted the Defyant Marauder just before the NJ Turnpike, I would've waved but I took a wrong turn and it was my roommate in his Vette who spotted him...)

So that Vette...it's a '99 C-5, convertible with 6spd. Has a few things done to it, 4.10 gears, cat back, intake.

After I got my Trilogy installed, I took my roommate out for a few drives. Suffice to say, the sound and feel of a blower is quite contagious. Just as I drove Bob's Marauder and had a Trilogy shortly after, my roommate quickly began to look at forced induction for the Vette.

He scored a really good deal. A used kit with a Magnussen blower, a 3.4 pulley for a conservative 6psi. It is an intercooled system. Being used, the blower was sent back to Magnussen, repolished and reoiled and checked for defects, and given a warranty.

The price was excellent, certainly not indicitave of Vette kit prices as it was used. So yeah, he got a good deal.

So I drove him up about 3 or 4 weeks ago (when he spotted the Defyant Marauder) and we dropped it at ECS (East Coast Supercharging) in New Jersey. Last weekend we went back to pick it up.

Gotta give it credit, it sounds awesome, and it moves out pretty well. He got a conservative dyno tune, and is doing about 425rwhp and about the same in torque.

I'll have to ask him for some of the pics, it's a nice looking unit. Now I'm trying to get him to put a roll bar in so he can hit the track, I might even let him learn on a few runs before getting him on that PINKS TV show, I always wanted a car impervious to magnets. :burnout::nono: :o :D

Pretty cool stuff though, it makes for a quick car...

Mike M
04-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Where in NJ?????

Breadfan
04-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Where in NJ?????

ECS is in "Cream Ridge, NJ" http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/contact.htm

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/

They had plenty of Vettes and LS-x stuff in their lot.