PDA

View Full Version : Axles

DarthMarauder
05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Where are all the classified ads for 28 spline stock axles??? LOL. As soon as I get my tax check I'm gonna have to get a set of stock axles cause I'm out of warranty for my TSB. So are more people gonna be selling theres or is it just gonna be Hwycruiser. Hopefully you still have your Hwycruiser once I get my check but hoping to find someone closer that wants to off those stocks.

LVMarauder
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Good Idea but people will have them becuase those axles are scored. When I had my 4.10's in at about 10 K the installer showed me signs of wear already. I plan on telling my SA i "hear and feel" something coming from the rear end next time im home and having them replaced under ESP then.

SergntMac
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
If you are shopping for used take-offs, just make sure they come from someone who has had the TSB upgrade. Otherwise, what you are getting is the same junk you already own.

HwyCruiser
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Where are all the classified ads for 28 spline stock axles??? LOL. As soon as I get my tax check I'm gonna have to get a set of stock axles cause I'm out of warranty for my TSB. So are more people gonna be selling theres or is it just gonna be Hwycruiser. Hopefully you still have your Hwycruiser once I get my check but hoping to find someone closer that wants to off those stocks.

I still have them, and yes they are the TSB hardened axles. I figured they would be a good option for an out of warranty '03. Comes with studs and the ABS ring for a no-fuss swap. Just need new bearings and seals. My service manager said there wasn't a thing wrong with them after 19.5k miles.

Let me know if you want them. Shipping from Kansas City shouldn't be too bad, let me have your zip and I can look up a ballpark on www.UPS.com.

See the classified link in my sig.

DarthMarauder
05-02-2006, 05:43 PM
If you are shopping for used take-offs, just make sure they come from someone who has had the TSB upgrade. Otherwise, what you are getting is the same junk you already own.
That is exactly what I'm looking for Mac. I found the TSB kit online for 250 plus shipping but if I can get the axles for around what Hwycruiser has then and they are the TSB upgrade the bearings and seals arent much and my parts dealer gives me friction modifier cause of all the time I spent up there looking for rear tires. So with fluid and the bearings and seals I should be under the 250. Will have to see how the tax check looks like it will be budgeted when it comes in. I'll PM when I get my check Hwycruiser and see if you still have those.

Marauderjack
05-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Does anyone have the part number for the Ford Axle kit??:confused:

Marauderjack:burnout:

RoyLPita
05-03-2006, 04:36 AM
Does anyone have the part number for the Ford Axle kit??:confused:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Look at my post on this thread:http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19568&highlight=axle+part

Marauderjack
05-03-2006, 04:54 AM
Thanks!!:D

RoyLPita
05-03-2006, 05:09 AM
Thanks!!:D

Glad to be of help to my friends and members here. :D

DarthMarauder
05-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Plug that in here and they show up for 252. This is where I might get mine not sure yet.
http://www.fordgenuinepartsonline.com/
(http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalog OEM&siteid=213787)

Marauderjack
05-04-2006, 04:24 AM
NO WORKY FOR ME.....Darth??!!:argue:

Marauderjack:shake:

DarthMarauder
05-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Link fixed in trying to link it better actually found a similar site that had the kit cheaper. Just plug in the part num and should come up 240. 3W1Z4A109AA theres the part num.

HwyCruiser
05-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Does the TSB kit axles come with ABS rings and studs? The a pair of rings alone will set you back about $90-100 if you need to buy them from the dealer. If they are included, $240 is a pretty good deal.

RoyLPita
05-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Does the TSB kit axles come with ABS rings and studs? The a pair of rings alone will set you back about $90-100 if you need to buy them from the dealer. If they are included, $240 is a pretty good deal.

Since 2003, all Panther platform vehicles have standard ABS. The rings are installed.

HwyCruiser
05-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Since 2003, all Panther platform vehicles have standard ABS. The rings are installed.

Thanks Brian. I had no idea what to ask for the used axles, and since I had to buy the ABS rings for the Mosers I thought they would be worth something extra on top of the TSB price. Who knows what to ask for take-offs.

Darth, I'd take $100 if you want mine, shipping should be around $30. Let me know.

RoyLPita
05-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I have a pair that I got from work from a CVPI that had them replaced again because of the recall. I have them just in case a member nearby has trouble with theirs.

J.D., Glad to be of help and the price sounds right.