PDA

View Full Version : Who is your cell provider?

A98CVLX
05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
I got a Nextel A.K.A Nexthell?

Bigdogjim
05-04-2006, 10:02 PM
OK? So dump them and try another?

DEFYANT
05-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I have nextel also. I thought about dropping them also. Service is about a 7 out of 10.

A98CVLX
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I have nextel also. I thought about dropping them also. Service is about a 7 out of 10.

Same here is love the Direct Connect it works when there is no cell.

MarauderMarc
05-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Ive had sprint for 3 years now...customer service is okay, but the service has been nice.

STLR FN
05-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Verizon here. 2 billing issues in 9 yrs of service(Yes I've been with them that long.). Both issues resolved with a quick phone call.

BruteForce
05-04-2006, 10:59 PM
I recently switched to T-Mobile from AT&T/Cingular. Better reception but then again its a different phone too (had a Nokia, now a Motorola). Better plan for the same price too.

n-cherok
05-05-2006, 04:26 AM
Nextel very little if no problems.

BigCars4Ever
05-05-2006, 04:32 AM
T-Mobile has treated me fairly well. I got the new Nokia flip phone. The thing gets awesome reception. I have signal where my other T-mobile friends with razors are losing calls.

Jolly Roger
05-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Sprint, 6 yrs.:o
Seniority gives me leverage.:D

Rider90
05-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Nextel...Company Pays, Can't Complain.

jdando
05-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Verizon. I have had two calls to customer service, the first person was CLUELESS and did not help at all:mad2:. The second person knew their stuff and solved the problem. No problems with coverage, drops. 6/10 overall

MM2004
05-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Been with T-Mobile after dropping Verizon a year and a half ago. Service is great and very very few dropped calls. :up:

My work cell is Verizon, works OK and had no choice.

Mike.

FordNut
05-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Verizon, great coverage, terrible customer service. Wish I could find comparable coverage I would dump them.

duhtroll
05-05-2006, 06:35 AM
US Cellular here. They have the best coverage area and reception, and since I drive through the sticks every day they are the way to go. They are also the cheapest provider that covers both my home and work areas.

The sucky part is they will not renew my contract (and therefore want full retail for a new phone) -- they want more money for the same services, so I will never sign another contract with them. I'll just stay on the month-to-month until my phone dies or they try to raise my rates.

Then it's Verizon, because they will give me new phones every 2 years, whereas US Cellular wants $400 for a razr. :bs:

RoyLPita
05-05-2006, 06:38 AM
I'm with Cingular. So far, so good.

KillJoy
05-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Had Verizon for 4 years. Switched from Sprint (poor coverage). haven't had any MAJOR issues. Just a small drop call zone in my area that was fixed w/ a software upgrade.

KillJoy

Motorhead350
05-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Cingular. It's great and the family plans are nice too. 4 phones and I was using mine for 380 minutes on one bill and the total bill was like $12. Very nice.

jawz101
05-05-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd recommend checking out http://www.howardforums.com/.
It's the one stop shop for cell phone provider info and cell phone faqs.

GA-Marauder
05-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Cingular here. Pretty much satisfied. Good coverage and decent rates. I'm sure there are better deals out there, but I'm set in my ways now for about 5 years.

duhtroll
05-05-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd love to have Cingular, but they don't cover the town where I work. There's a nice little hole in their coverage map in Iowa where I work. :(

-A

Murader03
05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
I'd been with Verizon since the early '90's. Since I went to a new phone 2yrs. ago, the service at the house has been 3 out of 10. My wife kept her old phone instead of upgrading and her service was about 6 of 10. Her's finally started to drop calls. Mine, I had to stand in the driveway most of the time to use it. Since we use the phone for both local and long distance it was getting to be a real PITA. Went to Cingullar, and now I can even make calls from my basement. So far, I'm happy with the service.

ckadiddle
05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Cingular for over ten years. Just got another nastygram from them because my payment went in a day late. Punishment fee of 36.00 if they disconnect my service and have to reconnect it. That would be 36.00 for each line when you have three phones. You would think they would be a little flexible with long time customers that can take their number and go elsewhere. When I run out of contract I may dump cingular due to their billing policies. Also had a LOT of billing issues when I added the third phone on last year.

Nextel? The walkie-talkie works well at times, sucks at times. Cell phone wise they suck.

SID210SA
05-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Cingular...no major issues....7 years service.:)

Mad4Macs
05-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Verizon. Company pays for it.
Only complaint is that Verizon cripples their Bluetooth phones, so you can't do wireless to PC file transfers. Evidently, they hope you sign up for their pay services to move things like photos, but I don't know anyone yet that has done so.

Bigdogjim
05-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Sprint service was great. Now that they merged with nextel very poor?

MENINBLK
05-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Loooooooooooooooooooong time AT&T Cellular customer.
Renewed my AT&T plan just before the Cingular accident...oh, I mean merger.
My 2 years is up in October.
If I cant' renew what I got for another 2 years, I'm going to take my number somewhere else..

The signal has been fantastic.
I've been driving all over the US and no roaming problems at all.
I even get a good signal in underground parking lots.

My employer bought us all T-Mobile phones 2 years ago.
It was a bad choice. I lost my signal in just about every building I walked inside of.
The signal never made it into the underground parking lots either.
They learned and switched to Cingular also.

My phone is the Audiovox SMT5600 SmartPhone with Window Mobile 2003 SE.
I never leave home without it. It was the BEST PHONE for 2004.
Outsold all other phones from the time it was released in Oct 2004 - Jan 2005.
Cingular has the 2125 now which is an updated version with Windows Mobile 5,
but it is missing a lot of features that I have.

For smartphone info you can visit this site...
http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/

ctrcbob
05-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Cingular. The only reason I have Cingular is that they (plus AT&T [which is Cingular] and T-Mobil) are the only national company that has switched over to the GSM System. Up until T-Mobil started service in the US, we were the only country that was not in the GSM System. I purchased a Motorola
V400 Quad Band phone, and I can use it whenever I go to Europe, or anywhere else for that matter.

BTW, I do not sign contracts. I purchased my phone, paid full price, but no contract. Cingular was the only wireless company that would let me do that. I can switch to any other company anytime I want. Last thing I want is to be locked into a one or two year contract.

Also, Although I have two Cingular Motorola V400 GSM phones, I kept my old AT&T Nokia 5160 TDMA phone, and I activated it on Pre-Pay, only because I thought that I would not get a GSM signal everywhere. Well, I get the GSM signal everywhere, even out in the middle of nowhere. Because I still have minutes on my TDMA phone, I still use it once in a while, and sometimes use it to call overseas, but when the time runs out, I will retire it and only use my Cingular GSM phones.

Flying to France in nine days from now. Will make most calls using a phone card and land-line, but will use my GSM phone for emergencies, knowing it will cost me quite a bit more.

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I have Cingular. Not to happy with the service. (Bad reception in certain area's near my residence.) Thinking about changing but to what?
IMO they all s**k.

rayjay
05-06-2006, 06:25 PM
TracFone, purely for occaisional use on the road. Cell phones do not work where I live, never have, never will.

ctrcbob
05-06-2006, 06:36 PM
RayJay,

If by the term "The Hills SouthEast of Syracuse", you mean the Finger Lakes Area, I've had great coverage there with both my Cingular (GSM) and my AT&T (TDMA). Watkins Glenn, Trumansburg, Ithaca, Geneva, Painted Post, Horse Heads, Corning, all had good coverage. I knew I would have good coverage with my TDMA but was surprised at how good the GSM coverage was.

rayjay
05-07-2006, 12:18 AM
RayJay,

If by the term "The Hills SouthEast of Syracuse", you mean the Finger Lakes Area, I've had great coverage there with both my Cingular (GSM) and my AT&T (TDMA). Watkins Glenn, Trumansburg, Ithaca, Geneva, Painted Post, Horse Heads, Corning, all had good coverage. I knew I would have good coverage with my TDMA but was surprised at how good the GSM coverage was.

The Finger Lakes are west of Syracuse, I'm 35 miles southeast of Syracuse. The "hills" here act as very effective blocks to cell signals. There is not enough population to justify more towers south of Rt 20. Even on Rt 20 coverage is spotty.

A98CVLX
05-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Nextel...Company Pays, Can't Complain.

:beer: As my boss does too I am a big Direct Connect user! :cool:

ctrcbob
05-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Although I have Cingular, I was just reminded this morning about the only problem I have with Cingular. My wife tried to call me twice, and both times, my voice mail cut in, my voice, saying that I was not available. My phone never rang, and she did not hear it ring on her end. This has happened to me before so she knows to hang up and call right back. She got me on the third try. This not only happens to me, but to others on Cingular, and often.
A few months ago, I called Customer Service (Customer NO-Service) and complained about this. Those people are real dummies. The fix they say is that I must shut off my phone at least once a day so it will get updates when I turn it back on. As it happened, I did turn off my phone last night, but that does nothing. I have to admit that this was the first time this problem showed up in a couple months, but other Cingular customers tell me that it happens with them all the time.

ctrcbob
05-07-2006, 03:39 PM
RayJay,

I read SouthEast wrong, think SouthWest. Oh well, thats what happens when you get old.

ctrlraven
05-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Personal - Nextel, Company - Verizon