PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing

Tallboy
05-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Kicking back, watching my local news, there's another story about a street racing death in Tampa. They showed pictures of the cars involved, I doubt anyone could have lived a moment beyond impact. It kinda got me thinking about my buddy in his Mach1. He's got a license plate frame [you've seen 'em] that says "Hell Yes I Street Race". Maybe I'll contact a local vendor and have some plate frames made up that say "Meet me at the track" across the top, and "I do NOT street race" along the bottom.

The newscaster said Drag Racing on the street is now a Felony in Florida, and you can be arrested for even watching it as you would be "part of an illegal activity".

Just ain't worth it...

merc6
05-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Id be intrested in a frame maybe...depends on what funds look like at the time...

O's Fan Rich
05-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Just ain't worth it...

Never really was.
But yeah, I've been stupid too. Just not anymore. I'll just let them Hondas pass, I know what I can do. I got nothing to prove to nobody.
Except once and awhile my lovely wife wants me to.... Oh never mind, I digress,

I like the frame idea.

jimlam56
05-06-2006, 05:11 PM
I remember a few years back in Eustis, FL.
A pair of Mustangs were drag racing down SR 19.
One TBoned a car that pulled out in front of him.
It was his Mom, she died at the scene.
Live with that...

Cobra25
05-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Good Thread Chuck. Lets us all take a step back and think a little more how Dangerous Street Racing really is.

DEFYANT
05-06-2006, 07:03 PM
The problem with street racing is, the race is never over. There is always "one more race" that goes a little faster... Egos with inexperiance is a deadly combination.

Hotrauder
05-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Good post Chuck. We have all been there and done that. Way past time to get real. You never know when that one last push on the envelope will be the one that breaks it. It is not always the street racer that screws up, but when another uninvolved driver makes a stupid move as many more drivers seem to be doing lately the racer has just no chance to take evasive action and Blam. The racer gets to live with the responsibility. One other note. The law enforcement people are looking for the other street racer involved in this deadly race and will saddle him or her with a vehicular homicide rap, too. Time to think really seriously about what is at stake. Race on the track, please. Dennis :) I

Hotrauder
05-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Chuck, :) I would sport that frame. YOU MAKE IT, I WEAR IT.

sweetair
05-06-2006, 08:10 PM
You guys couldn't be more right. Even though it is fun to go WOT, it is different when there is another vehicle involved. Bottom line, be smart, and safe.............:D

Bigdogjim
05-06-2006, 08:55 PM
I like the frame also.. Kids & stupid people (with fast cars)will always be around.

Cheeseheadbob
05-08-2006, 06:41 AM
I could not have said it better! I only go WOT on a 4 lane hiway with no one ahead of me and no entrance/exit ramps for a mile or so.
You guys couldn't be more right. Even though it is fun to go WOT, it is different when there is another vehicle involved. Bottom line, be smart, and safe.............:D