PDA

View Full Version : Value of a totalled Marauder

Mayo
05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
This is my first post on here, and its a sad one. My father got a black 03 Marauder this time last year. He had me install a push bumper, A pillar light, and tint the windows to make it look like a cop car. We both fell in love with the car. Rides great, relatively quick(needs a different rear end gear though), nice looking, just an all around great car. Well last week he was in some traffic on the interstate when an F250 slammed into him while he was sitting still. There is no question in my mind as to whether or not the car is totalled. The insurance people have yet to come but the rear frame rails are bent 180 degrees back onto themselves, pretty much everything behind the rear door is TOAST. The roof is kinked above the back doors. Everything from the back of the front doors forward is fine. My pops is fine(soar neck and some bruises), but had he been in any other car I dont think he'd have been so lucky.

Here's my question: What is this thing worth? Would it be worth buying back to part out? Would it be worth buying back to swap everything onto a retired cop car? A friend of mine is selling a decent one. I'm a mechanic so there wouldnt be any kind of labor cost involved. I think at worst, i'm gonna just pull the wheels and tires off(brand new tires) and slap some junk yard steelies and hub caps on it.

Any input or advise would be appreciated!

Here's a pic. The exhaust is hysterical, perfectly intact!

Breadfan
05-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Wheels are definitely valuable, so are engine and trans. Dash peices, seats, and other interior bits are of value for some. Front bumper cover, lights, and grille are marauder specific so they too are valuable.

I'm sure if you parted out you'd get plenty of part requests from this site.

Hope everyone was OK, that looks like a rough rear-ending. BTW, looks like the gas tank was fine.

Mike M
05-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I would think there should alot of parts that are Marauder specific that are worth parting out, let me know as I am sure I would buy some things.

blackf0rk
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
That rear bumper looks pretty mint. I'll take it...

jimlam56
05-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Glad to hear your Dad is OK; that was a hard hit!
How fast was this dude going?
Good luck with the insurance agent; most won't let you buy the car back.
You probably have between 5 and 10 grand of saleable parts there
The front bumper cover alone costs 1300 from what I've heard.
Hope y'all buy another Marauder!

MarauderMark
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear your Dad is OK; that was a hard hit!!
Good to hear no life loss here.It looks like those exhaust tips are held up better than the frame.Now thats a crunch , i mean look how far the rear went in from where it was.:eek:

Mayo
05-09-2006, 03:48 PM
He's not sure how fast the guy was goin but he was pulling a trailer. I guess it all depends on how much they are willing to sell the car back to us for, if they will at all. I dont think he's gonna be able to get another one right away, we'll see. I'd like to get this one back and sell everything but the motor, build it, and have it ready with a pair of turbos and a stout trans to go in his next one, and run the whole thing on E85. I work for an Ethanol promotion company/IRL team doing just that, converting high performance cars to run off of Ethanol enriched fuel. Sucks that I cut two holes in the front bumper if that sucker's worth ~$1000! Here's what the car looked like before, I took this 2 weeks ago:( I'm gonna miss this car, we're gonna HAVE TO get another one!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/bradleymayo/random%202/marauder.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

Marauder2005
05-09-2006, 03:52 PM
WOW!:eek: Glad he is ok.

jgc61sr2002
05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Yes I would agree the Marauder is totaled.:( Glad to hear your father wasn't seriously hurt.:D

mercmatt
05-09-2006, 04:49 PM
holy f'n ****. wow. i totalled my 03 about 3 months ago and the insurance gave me 21000 for it. it had 38000 miles

Dan
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
True evidence of how safe our cars are. I'm glad your dad is ok.

Keep us in the loop on what the insurance guy says. You should have no problem parting it out.

Best,

Dan

Mad4Macs
05-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Man, I'm happy your dad was OK! He's going to have whiplash for a month, so maybe you should pm MartyO ;)
Someone ought to mail that picture to the Detroit Free Press, though, then demand the editors explain why it didn't burst into flames and kill everyone within a 50 foot radius.
:fire:

Hotrauder
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Glad his injuries are hopefully minor. I agree the car is toast. These are great cars with lots of crush zone, thankfully. If there is a safer car around in its price range I would be surprised. Dennis

shakes_26
05-09-2006, 06:30 PM
whew, man. Glad your pops is okay, damn thats ugly.

Now if only the rest of the car was made of the exhaust pipe material you'd have nary a scratch on it...

sabtaj1
05-09-2006, 07:15 PM
glad to hear he is ok. as for buying the car back, good luck. It may still be to new of a car to be able to buy it directly back from the insurance company. But I would still look into it.

ckadiddle
05-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Glad to hear that your dad is OK. Sucks to lose another Marauder off the road. New tires are definitely a keeper, we tend to go through them rather quickly, and sometimes they are darned hard to find. :)

Bluerauder
05-10-2006, 01:02 PM
This is my first post on here, and its a sad one. ..... My pops is fine(soar neck and some bruises), but had he been in any other car I dont think he'd have been so lucky.
That's one heck of a first post. :( Am also glad that your father is OK and that the Marauder did its job. :up: The F250 w/trailer sure did a shortening number on that rear end. Your pop oughta get fully checked out to make sure there are no lingering issues with the neck verterbrae.