PDA

View Full Version : May Have Totaled Mini-van.

woaface
05-10-2006, 09:20 AM
So there's this mildly congested intersection near my house. I'm following a friend to a local restaurant to chill and eat and I'm one car behind. There's a truck with no working tail-lights that is stopping somewhat rapidly while the two cars behind it (i'm the third back) must quickly get on the brakes to avoid a collision.

As you can imagine I did not get an invitation or a notice that everyone is having a stopping party and as I awake from my moment of cognitive neglect (I was looking down at something) and realize that I'm 10 feet or less from Jordan's Rodeo and I'm going roughly 20mph.

His car is mostly unscathed while mine may very well be totaled...you can bend and open the hood at will, the radiator and fan are about an inch from the engine, the bumper is gone (I hit him twice, hit him and bumped him again.) The grill is gone and god knows what happened to the frame. Wish me luck.

The huge dent in my bumper is from his tail-hitch, which imposed a nice square hole dead-center.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7496/0509061630a6ew.jpg

Damn.

gpfarrell
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
James,

Bummer. My dad used to always say "It happens fast". It took years for me to appreciate the wisdom in that.

#1) Glad everybody is okay.

#2) Pictures can hide alot, but that van doestn't look too bad to me. Is it still driveable?

Hope the rest of your day goes better!

Haggis
05-10-2006, 09:38 AM
No Marauder for you now young man. Go to your room and think about how you could have avoided this accident, then write me a 500 word essay. After that is complete start your chores: ie; mow the lawn, wash the dishes, vacumn the hose, dust the house, take the dog for a walk, paint the outside of the house, do the laundry...etc.

Oh yea, I forgot go out and find a switch.

J/K
Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt. As said here before it can be replaced, you can not. Remember tell your dad your friend backed into you. ;)

ckadiddle
05-10-2006, 09:40 AM
---Insert Driving Lecture Number 102B here---- :rolleyes:
Glad you are OK, James. Cars are fixable, people aren't.

Think of it as a "car insurance test".:D

hitchhiker
05-10-2006, 10:31 AM
I hope both you and Elaine are OK!

:D

BruteForce
05-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I hope both you and Elaine are OK!

:D

Elaine.....

(filling in for TAF since he works for a living now)

Bigdogjim
05-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Ah James! We have all been there? Some once other more?

Glad no one was hurt.

You can always get another ride.

woaface
05-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Preliminary estimates stand at $3094.98. So the van is worth roughly $6 give or take but then you have to consider it needs some mechanical work.

What you can't see is the frame is slightly bent, the hood is TOAST, both headlights are broken, the battery harness is broken, the fusebox is cracked, the radiator may be broken, the airconditioner leaked freon, the bumper (you can see. Lots of random things have to be replaced or fixed or realigned.

I actually AM about to change the cat litter, mow the lawn, and clean my room:)

Haggis
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Elaine.....

(filling in for TAF since he works for a living now)
You forgot to :drool:.

jgc61sr2002
05-10-2006, 04:41 PM
James - Glad to hear you are weren't injured.:D

gpfarrell
05-11-2006, 09:12 AM
---Insert Driving Lecture Number 102B here---- :rolleyes:

Love it! 89

Marauder386
05-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Glad your okay James...vehicles are repairable, your pride takes a little longer. Your a good guy and a curbside prophet...this is just part of our learning curve of life...

:coolman:

wildman649
05-11-2006, 05:43 PM
That will buff out.:D

woaface
05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
That's what I told my mechanic...:P

That will buff out.:D