PDA

View Full Version : NHRA rules, & transmission shields??

BillyGman
05-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Anyone have the 2006 NHRA rulebook? I'd like to know what the rules are for transmission shields for automatics. Are they required? What does it say for 10+ second ET cars, and under 10 second ET cars concerning transmission shields for automatics???

FordNut
05-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Not sure, I got a SFI rated flexplate shield from Performance Automatics to install with my tranny, hopefully next week. I'll let y'all know how it fits. As for tranny shields, a blanket will meet the rules requirements. Don't forget the SFI rated flexplate and balancer/pulley.

BillyGman
05-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Yep, my flexplate is a heavyduty steel piece that's .187" thick and has six holes for the torque converter that are 7/16" in diameter, and it has the SFI approved label on it too. As far as the rulebook, I finally ordered one. The last time I went to the NHRA website to order one, they were all sold out of them. That's why I still don't have one. I don't want to install a transmission shield unless the rules call for it in my race class, because I can't help but think that installing one will make the routing of the shifter cable and/or the transbrake solenoid more difficult. Not to mention clearence issues for the 3.5" header collectors. BTW, all this has to do with my Chevelle.