PDA

View Full Version : Another loss

SID210SA
05-15-2006, 05:16 AM
Well on March 27 my Grandmother passed away....and last night My great aunt passed away at 88. She was a very giving gifted person with being funny to the end. I went and saw her in Austin on Saturday and she passed the next day.......she had been in failing health for the last 4 months or so and before that she was very active, no walker or cane. She had some tests done in November but anything she had was to small to biopsy so they did not know she was ill with cancer.....by the time she was tested again it was too late....the cancer has spread all over her body and last weekend they gave her two months to live. Unfortunately she only made it one week, as many family members were getting ready to visit in the next week from all over the country. It is sad to see her go but even in her last hours when she was weak, she was quick with a comeback joke to keep everyone smiling.

Mike

Bradley G
05-15-2006, 05:21 AM
A prayer for your loss's.
God bless your auntie and Gramma!
Few people are gifted as you describe.
Remember all the occasions, each put a smile on your face!

Breadfan
05-15-2006, 05:22 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss, it's tough, especially when they occur so close together.

I'll say a prayer for both, you and your family will be in my thoughts.

seans
05-15-2006, 05:40 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

Please don't take this the wrong way but she may have been better off passing the way she did. I have helped my parents care for aunts and uncles who suffered for a year or more and it is a horrible way to go.

God Bless you and your family.