PDA

View Full Version : Not wanting to hyjack another thread

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 04:10 AM
I see you liked your MM so much that you got rid of it.

THE MARAUDER'S GONE? :eek:

OMG! The last time I looked, it was safely parked in the Morton Building along with the fleet of old Mustangs.

I had stated that unless and until the gas pedal issue was resolved, due to safety concerns, the MM would not be driven, by me...and has not. It's on the block, because, frankly, I don't need it, since my poor knee has been fixed, and I couldn't drive my beloved F-150 for those two years.

Upon returning from Camp this week, the gas pedal "fix" kit from Marauderman was waiting, and will be installed today. I've been asked to evaluate the gas pedal mod, and will do so, privately, with Tom, at which time he can post those data at a time of his choosing.

Depending upon Tom's success at resolving the pedal issue, the Silver Birch may simply become another one of our growing fleet of garage queens, unless someone buys it. (It's been re-posted at a lower price)

I agree with Darryl that Ford's offerings, save the Mustang, leave me cold, and it seems, the only action, at present, is at Chrysler. Except for the Mustang Shelby GT-500 I don't see a single vehicle in the Ford corporate lineup that I'd buy. (lots of luck hooking up with one of those) When I'm faced with the dilemma of replacing my beloved '02 F-150, I'll most likely have to consider GM or Chrysler, because the new style trucks from Ford provide nothing satisfying my wants.

After what we saw from Chrysler at the Washington Car show, I'll predict there's going to be a long line of folks clamoring for those luscious Challengers.

With respect to Ford's new green pathway, I'll observe what our friends in the Argo-business knew all along .....that green stuff gets plowed under in springtime. ;)

Haggis
05-16-2006, 05:16 AM
...:popcorn:...

Breadfan
05-16-2006, 05:30 AM
:flamer:
They need a hybrid AWD Marauder, that'd rule.

FWIW I'd be interested to see the results of the gas pedal test, I wear a size 13-14 and don't seem to have much of a problem but I'm still curious of the fix, the pedals do feel different on my MM than other cars.

Would be nice to see some informative stuff, ya know?

If this thread gets to be 4 pages with no pics of a gas pedal there's a problem.

Haggis
05-16-2006, 05:36 AM
If this thread gets to be 4 pages with no pics of a gas pedal there's a problem.
Before and after pics....:popcorn:

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 05:39 AM
...:popcorn:...

:corner: Into the corner with you, buster! :rofl:

No, ....wait, I'll go along! :popcorn:

Haggis
05-16-2006, 05:42 AM
:corner: Into the corner with you, buster! :rofl:

No, ....wait, I'll go along! :popcorn:
Why, I'm not the one starting trouble lately. I'm just sitting back and watching all the action....:P ...:popcorn:

Breadfan
05-16-2006, 05:44 AM
I think I found a limitation to the smileys. :)
:D

Seriously though, I'm all about gas pedals right now.

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Why, I'm not the one starting trouble lately. I'm just sitting back and watching all the action....:P ...:popcorn:

What! :shake:

You're always starting trouble.:duel:

Haggis
05-16-2006, 05:50 AM
What! :shake:

You're always starting trouble.:duel:
Rain drops keep falling on my ____, they just keep falling on my ____. :eek:

Bluerauder
05-16-2006, 05:52 AM
I had stated that unless and until the gas pedal issue was resolved, due to safety concerns, the MM would not be driven, by me...and has not.
Mike, hope the gas pedal fix works out for you. Wish that I would have jumped in your car to check the difference when I was up there in March. Then, I would have a better idea of what the problem is. By your earlier descriptions and my measurements, it appears to be a vertical separation issue rather than a lateral problem. Could be your brake pedal is adjusted much lower than normal (or maybe the support is just bent).

Sure hate to see your Silver Birch on the sale block. :( Worse yet --- parked as a hangar queen. MMs love to be driven. :D

Haggis
05-16-2006, 05:55 AM
:( Worse yet --- parked as a hangar queen. MMs love to be driven. :D
Chris volunteers to drive it anytime it needs it. Sort of like dog sitting only better. :drive:

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 08:27 AM
I think I found a limitation to the smileys. :)
:D

Seriously though, I'm all about gas pedals right now.

Marauderman has made some prototypes, and will publish his data very soon. I'll be sending my feedback this very day; but understand, it's his show, and I'm sure, when he's ready, Tom will be telling y'all the details. BTW, if you go back and do a search on his posts, you'll get a very good idea of what the final product looks like, and how it works. Very cool, in my opinion. :)

bigslim
05-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Sorry, my bad. I should have said that I see you are selling your beloved MM.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26843 Selling, sold, samething.

merc6
05-16-2006, 10:30 AM
They need a hybrid AWD Marauder, that'd rule.

FWIW I'd be interested to see the results of the gas pedal test, I wear a size 13-14 and don't seem to have much of a problem but I'm still curious of the fix, the pedals do feel different on my MM than other cars.

Would be nice to see some informative stuff, ya know?

If this thread gets to be 4 pages with no pics of a gas pedal there's a problem.make that the electric supercharger hybrid and you got a idea :) we only need the 4 cyl shut off like gm and chrysler. I'm still shocked I got 150 miles before the needle moved from full at 80.

thread hack/

what was this gas pedal issue I keep hearing bits and pieces of?

MERCMAN
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry, my bad. I should have said that I see you are selling your beloved MM.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26843 Selling, sold, samething.

Not to a hooker :rofl:

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
make that the electric supercharger hybrid and you got a idea :) we only need the 4 cyl shut off like gm and chrysler. I'm still shocked I got 150 miles before the needle moved from full at 80.

thread hack/

what was this gas pedal issue I keep hearing bits and pieces of?

The gas pedal issue is mostly us BFOG's (big fat old guys) getting our size 13's or whatever tangled up in the accelerator and brake pedals. The biggest issue, and one of major concern, to me, at least, is that I'm always hitting the gas pedal while applying the brakes. I consider the issue of such concern, that I've parked the MM and have it up for sale.
It's an issue of how the pedals are positioned on both axis. They're too close, and the gas pedal is too high, with relation to the brake pedal, and there has been much talk about this issue, by myself, and others. Tom, Marauderman, has fabricated a solution which we're evaluating at this time, and he'll be making announcement about, soon.
:) Keep tuned.