PDA

View Full Version : &*$%!@#^!!!, Got caught!

SID210SA
05-17-2006, 05:49 AM
:mad2: So My cousin and I were driving back from Austin last night from visiting 3 other Cousins visiting from out of town. Well it pretty late when we leave, about 11 p.m., and I have to be at work at 7 a.m. Comming from the North part of Austin I knew it would be after 12 before we made it back to San Antonio. Well I was almost home free, I got pulled over in Selma right before my exit.:mad: I put in some music to help accelerate the drive.....AC/DC
Back in Black, which is good pedal pushing music. I figure good for 10-15 hp at least.:D Well I got caught going 82 in a 65.....oh well.....my fault....My first ticket in the Marauder and My first in about 5 years.:beer: ....the Selma Officer thanked me for being so cooperative....Nice guy too, but he spelled Marauder wrong though. (Mauauder).

Oh and for you LEO's out there....do you know what this means....it was written under officer notes: Unit #43; DHP; NOEXE; P/C #1; (s) 154 SB Front.

Mike:coolman:

sweetair
05-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the group. My court date is in a few more weeks. Go and talk to the judge. I bet you couls get it reduced or even suspended with paying a fine. Goodluck.

SID210SA
05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I will take defensive driving....only a 100 fine and the cost of the coarse and its a discount on my insurance.

Big House
05-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Two words...Radar detector. They work.

ckadiddle
05-17-2006, 08:07 AM
I put in some music to help accelerate the drive.....AC/DC
Back in Black, which is good pedal pushing music. I figure good for 10-15 hp at least.:D

That's absolutely true!! Maybe you could have Marty sue AC/DC for your ticket costs?
:lol:

King Fubar
05-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Oh and for you LEO's out there....do you know what this means....it was written under officer notes: Unit #43; DHP; NOEXE; P/C #1; (s) 154 SB Front.

Thats the radar unit number or antenna number.

Pat
05-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Shame on you, not for speeding but for not remembering that Selma is the biggest radar trap in south Texas. It was notorious when I was a kid(ahem, 50 years ago), driving a '50 Olds Coupe, and still is. I travel to San Antonio about three times a year from NW Louisiana and that's the only place, day or night where the LEO's have someone "lit up".

The old court house is still there on the east side of I-35 but I thinks it's a FF joint now. Ah, brings back memories. All those little city states that are in and around San Antonio depend on traffic fines to flesh out their budget.

So be aware fellow travelers.

SID210SA
05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I know this is way late but the ticket was dismissed because the officer didnt show up......

And as for the court house.....it is now a HOOTERS!!

ctrlraven
05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Late? Uh you think just a tad? lol

Motorhead350
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the group. My court date is in a few more weeks.

:lol:

I haven't been in court in a few months so I'm due back.

Back in Black is cool, but the Bon Scott era is my favorite. Just listen to the song Rocker and try to not speed! :banana2:

J D
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I put in some music to help accelerate the drive.....AC/DC
Back in Black, which is good pedal pushing music. I figure good for 10-15 hp at least.:D

Well I'd have Highway to Hell or T.N.T. on, but hey I like Back in Black too, it matched the 300a:D

dpotter
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Selma = bust for almost any infraction. I wager the only reason I never got stopped there was they already had someone pulled over!

Glad the officer was a no-show.

1stMerc
05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Got my only speeding ticket, to date, in the Marauder on the way to get, then Flowmaster Delta 40's installed. That was Sept 05. It wasn't big enough to warrant court appearance, just drop in the mail affair.

Raudermaster
05-05-2008, 08:41 PM
You could probably get it thrown out since he spelled the car's name wrong. Happened to a buddy of mine with his '96 Impala SS. The officer wrote, "Impipa." Not sure how you could spell that wrong though.

bigbillybbs
05-05-2008, 08:56 PM
:mad2: So My cousin and I were driving back from Austin last night from visiting 3 other Cousins visiting from out of town. Well it pretty late when we leave, about 11 p.m., and I have to be at work at 7 a.m. Comming from the North part of Austin I knew it would be after 12 before we made it back to San Antonio. Well I was almost home free, I got pulled over in Selma right before my exit.:mad: I put in some music to help accelerate the drive.....AC/DC
Back in Black, which is good pedal pushing music. I figure good for 10-15 hp at least.:D Well I got caught going 82 in a 65.....oh well.....my fault....My first ticket in the Marauder and My first in about 5 years.:beer: ....the Selma Officer thanked me for being so cooperative....Nice guy too, but he spelled Marauder wrong though. (Mauauder).

AC/DC
“Back in Black”
I get almost 30 - 40HP out of it LOL :beer:

jabird56
05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Got pulled over on Saturday just outside of Albuquerque, NM on I-40 westbound. With NE plates on the car, the LEO asked where I was heading, and I said Vandenberg AFB a few hours north of LA. He took my licence/registration/insurance and went back to his car to check me out. A few minutes later he came back and handed my stuff back to me, and said I'm giving you a warning,...slow it down a little,....and NICE CAR, have a good day.