PDA

View Full Version : Pomp and Circumstance

Tallboy
05-18-2006, 02:32 PM
I can handle the "pomp".

But, I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit through one more minute of "circumstance".

SergntMac
05-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Okay, I'll bite...WTF Chuck?

Tallboy
05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Okay, I'll bite...WTF Chuck?

Just posting a random thought. It's been one of those days.

SergntMac
05-18-2006, 03:02 PM
That's cool, carry on?

Smokie
05-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Boy my eyes are really getting bad I thought the thread title was "Pump and Circumcicion"

Breadfan
05-18-2006, 03:15 PM
WTF is "pomp" anyway. Sounds like a stupid dance move or something to me. Or maybe a new drug.

"Everyone is doing the pomp!"

SergntMac
05-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh, I see where this is going...Time for a little zany word association again?

Breadfan
05-18-2006, 03:31 PM
It could go that way, but really I was just stating I don't care much for the word pomp. I really think we can survive with that one deleted from the dictionary.

That's all. Just my $0.02 on pomp. :D

magindat
05-18-2006, 03:31 PM
per meriam webster:

"a show of magnificence".

I think it really means a show of 'magindaticence'.

dwasson
05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Chuck had a random neuron fire and he's just running with it.

Bigdogjim
05-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh, I see where this is going...Time for a little zany word association again?

Cool I'll start.....lost boys...:laugh:

Bluerauder
05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
"Pomp and Circumstance" .... or its more familiar name .... "The Graduation Song". It has been played at graduations since 1905. :D

I thought that there was pomp in "Tutti Fruiti" ... Pomp, wabbalu, Pomp a womp bamm boom. :rofl:

STLR FN
05-18-2006, 05:23 PM
I can handle the "pomp".

But, I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit through one more minute of "circumstance".Got a youngin Gradumatating huh????

Hotrauder
05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
That's right, pomp is easy, I get some a couple of times a week. I try like hell to avoid the circumstances. check with Penny if you really need to know. Dennis:beer:

duhtroll
05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I've heard more "pomp and circumstance" than all y'all put together.

Hell, I've probably played it more than y'all have heard it.

I get to go to ~10 graduations/receptions per year. Whee!

shakes_26
05-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Run little Neuron, run! If you stay he'll just kill you with beer!!!!:rolleyes:

Lets all bow our heads in silent prayer for Mr. Random A. Neuron. May he rest preserved,... er pickled, in our thoughts...or at least a glass of blackberry brandy.
:lol:

Chuck had a random neuron fire and he's just running with it.

RoyLPita
05-18-2006, 06:27 PM
"Pomp and Circumstance" .... or its more familiar name .... "The Graduation Song". It has been played at graduations since 1905. :D

I thought that there was pomp in "Tutti Fruiti" ... Pomp, wabbalu, Pomp a womp bamm boom. :rofl:

What song did they play in 1904 or did no one graduate that year??? :lol:

Tallboy
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Run little Neuron, run! If you stay he'll just kill you with beer!!!!:rolleyes:

Lets all bow our heads in silent prayer for Mr. Random A. Neuron. May he rest preserved,... er pickled, in our thoughts...or at least a glass of blackberry brandy.
:lol:

Tallboy raises tumbler full of LeRoux "Jezynowka" Blackberry Brandy...:drink:

Hotrauder
05-19-2006, 07:15 AM
Tallboy raises tumbler full of LeRoux "Jezynowka" Blackberry Brandy...:drink:

You keep drinking that stuff and you will never have a cold the rest of your life...and damn little neuron firing. Stick with the FruitPunch. Dennis:D

dwasson
05-19-2006, 08:02 AM
As Cliff Clavin said:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

magindat
05-19-2006, 09:37 AM
As Cliff Clavin said:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Now, that's the ****nit!