PDA

View Full Version : Merging two of the things I enjoy & respect...

Rick-n-Miami
05-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Sitting here thinking some this evening; going back through some images on my hard drive. Something occured to me: two of the things I really enjoy and respect in life are my grandfather's artwork and, of course, my Marauder (both of which I have numerous pictures of, among other things).

For those of you who don't know, my grandfather is quite an accomplished artist and has been a great influence on my life. Growing up, he shared his wealth of wisdom with me, sparing me many years of hardship finding out the things he had to discover in life on his own. As I look over some images of his artwork, I'm reminded of so many of those life-lessons he shared with me.

As of late, the Marauder has also been a great influence on my life. It's brought many good friends and great times to me, that I wouldn't of had otherwise.

So I think to myself, what can I do to combine these two seemingly different and diverse worlds into one? Well, I decided to utilize some of my graphics skills to transplant my Marauder into one of my grandfather's 60 year old paintings. So, here it is -- "Marauder Driving Amongst the Trees"

http://www.gideonart.com/mm/trees.jpg

I hope you all enjoy it!

Bigdogjim
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Nice touch!
Very well done!

Tallboy
05-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Make those trees "Palm Trees" and you've got a nice MVIV logo.

Nice job, Rick. :cool:

RoyLPita
05-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Nice work. :up:

Hotrauder
05-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Very nice, Rick. Your grandfather was very talented and so are you. I like it a lot. Dennis:) :)

Cobra25
05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
:2thumbs: I like it Rick !

ghost03
05-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Very Nice work Rick. Is there anything you cant do with a compuer? I would like to see one of the pics from the picnic with all the Marauders merge with one of your grandfathers paintings. Just a thought

wsmylie
05-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Looks good Rick. Thanks for sharing it buddy.

BillyGman
05-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Is it safe to assume that your grandfather is no longer with us? If I'm wrong on that, and he is still around, and in good health, then why not try talking him into doing a painting with the Marauder in it.

Painting cars might not be what he's used to doing since he must like painting nature's scenery, but because it would be something different for him, he might look at it as an interesting challenge.

94_302
05-19-2006, 05:30 AM
It looks great, you placed the Marauder in there perfectly.

seans
05-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Very Nice, good work. One of my detectives is as good with the computer as you are. He has photos of him doing amazing things. He's led mass in Rome, dated all of the hot models and even had a conversation with Bin Laden in my chief's office. Its amazing what people with talents like yours can do.

Rick-n-Miami
05-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Actually, he's still alive and well; I'm very grateful for it too! He's not the type of person you can make a request from, that's just not how it works.

If you guys want to see some more of his works, feel free to visit http://www.gideonart.com

Also, I'm glad you all have enjoyed it. Thanks for the compliments!

Is it safe to assume that your grandfather is no longer with us? If I'm wrong on that, and he is still around, and in good health, then why not try talking him into doing a painting with the Marauder in it.

Painting cars might not be what he's used to doing since he must like painting nature's scenery, but because it would be something different for him, he might look at it as an interesting challenge.

Smokie
05-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Looks really great Rick, you are both very talented.:up: