PDA

View Full Version : 50 Worst Beers

dwasson
05-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Someone complained that he couldn't get any of the 100 Best Beers at the grocery store. Here's a list of crap he can get at Krogers.

clicky
clicky (http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TheWorstBeers.asp)

Bluerauder
05-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Someone complained that he couldn't get any of the 100 Best Beers at the grocery store. Here's a list of crap he can get at Krogers.

clicky
I think a #45 Bootie Light would be worth trying. But I prefer my Bootie in the full bodied type. :D

jimlam56
05-20-2006, 04:49 PM

clicky

Dang, still no Keystone Light!!!
It STILL can't get on a list!

duhtroll
05-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Where the hell is Blatz Light?

How about Billy Beer?

Vortex
05-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Though Ill admit some of these that Ive tried are pretty bad, Id rather drink a Bud Light that the "Rasberry Tart" or whatever from the other snob list! Most of that microbrew stuff tastes like drinking a loaf of bread.

dwasson
05-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Though Ill admit some of these that Ive tried are pretty bad, Id rather drink a Bud Light that the "Rasberry Tart" or whatever from the other snob list! Most of that microbrew stuff tastes like drinking a loaf of bread.

Even people who have never drank a microbrew have benefitted from the microbrew movement. The big breweries saw that people like real beer so they raised their game. If it wasn't for home brewers and microbreweries there wouldn't be an domestc beer worth drinking.

KillJoy
05-20-2006, 08:35 PM
A local brewery is having a Raspberry Wheat soon.....I can't wait!

KillJoy

Big House
05-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Guinness Stout is the worst **** I have ever tasted.

Vortex
05-21-2006, 05:22 AM
I miss the old regional breweries that are gone now. Used to be if you were in Texas you could get a cold Pearl or if desperate, a Lone Star. Shiner was and is undrinkable, but at least they are still around. In the northeast, Scmidts, Piels, Narraganset, Schaeffer ect.. The mid-west, Old Style, Falstaff, Strohs, anyway, you get my point. The big breweries bought em up and shut them down or pressured bars and stores to only sell their products. The beers I miss the most are Pearl and Schlitz.

http://www.pabst.com/mainpage.html

fastblackmerc
05-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Although I'm not a really big beer drinker found this in our newspaper today:

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/

Apparently Anheuser-Busch bought Rolling Rock and the Newark, N.J. plant will be making it.

Hotrauder
05-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Vortex's point, exactly. Rock is and has been a good beer for 65 to 70 years I think. God only knows what it will be now. As I get older I drink less and I notice a corresponding decrease in the number of breweries. Coincidence? I doubt it. Dennis:beer:

dwasson
05-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Vortex's point, exactly. Rock is and has been a good beer for 65 to 70 years I think. God only knows what it will be now. As I get older I drink less and I notice a corresponding decrease in the number of breweries. Coincidence? I doubt it. Dennis:beer:

So, it's all your fault?

bryanthomas
05-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm shocked Steel Reserve 211 didn't make the list.

Hotrauder
05-22-2006, 05:54 AM
So, it's all your fault?

Just the Piels and the Narraganset. :D Dennis:beer:

Haggis
05-22-2006, 06:41 AM
What happened to Pabst?

Breadfan
05-22-2006, 08:19 AM
What happened to Pabst?

I think Pabst Ice was #38...never seen that around here, just good 'ol Blue Ribbon.

Some of my cheap favorites include Red Dog, Coors, Schlitz, and yeah, Colt 45.

Oh and some good not-quite-as-cheap-but-still-cheap beer is JW Dundee's Honey Brown.

Yesss, good stuff.

But you know, even cheap beer is getting pricey. Coors is about $6/six pack bottles where I am. I used to be able to get Red Dog for $2.99/six pack bottles, been awhile since I checked but I bet it's around 4.

magindat
05-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Guinness Stout is the worst **** I have ever tasted.

Wuss.:beer:

Haggis
05-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Oh and some good not-quite-as-cheap-but-still-cheap beer is JW Dundee's Honey Brown.
What's wrong if JW?

Breadfan
05-22-2006, 10:20 AM
What's wrong if JW?
I like JW :)

I do notice I used to be able to get it for $3.99 for a six of bottles as opposed to $6-7/six bottles for higher end stuff, making it quite the deal in the beer-world.

Really though this list is flawed - it focuses in on cheap beers and malt liquor. There's plenty of "high brow" expensive beers that are pretty bad.

Haggis
05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I like JW :)

I do notice I used to be able to get it for $3.99 for a six of bottles as opposed to $6-7/six bottles for higher end stuff, making it quite the deal in the beer-world.

Really though this list is flawed - it focuses in on cheap beers and malt liquor. There's plenty of "high brow" expensive beers that are pretty bad.
I have a 12 pack in my frig, will have to invite you up sometime? :beer:

SergntMac
05-22-2006, 11:10 AM
I quit beers when Hamms disappeared. Besides, the problem with beer is that you never own it, just rent it for a few hours.

ckadiddle
05-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I have never really developed a taste for beer. Just don't care for it. I do remember hosever, that the one time I got really sick was drinking hot Old Milwaukees at the beach. Yick. The stupid things you do when yo uare in college.

Bluerauder
05-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I quit beers when Hamms disappeared.
Ah Yes, Hamm's ..... from the Land of Sky Blue Waters !!! :D

Breadfan
05-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I have a 12 pack in my frig, will have to invite you up sometime? :beer:

Sounds like fun, sure a 12-pack is enough? :D j/k

Have you seen the JW Dundee's Sampler 12 pack? Has the Honey Brown along with their Ale and American Lager.

MikesMerc
05-22-2006, 02:18 PM
That list isn't right. They missed Red, White & Blue. K-mart used to sell a lot of it.

dwasson
05-22-2006, 02:52 PM
That list isn't right. They missed Red, White & Blue. K-mart used to sell a lot of it.

Oh well, if K-Mart sold it I'm sure it was great.

Dragcity
05-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I judged 52 beers this past weekend. Some good, some o.k., some good and a few excellent.

Had the WNY homebrew competition. 437 entries. All this contract brewing by BIG brewiries has lowered the overall quality. I remember Killians Irish Red used to be a very good beer, until Coors started making it. Now it's not so good...

Support your local brewery. They'll still be making beer if prohibition hits again.

Oh, and Guiness Draught really sucks. The only thing that saves it is it is served under Nitrogen, not CO2. Try Guiness Extra Stout, with the yellow lable. It's much better.

If only I could introduce you all to Southerntier IPA. The BEST IPA I ever had, hands down.

Cheers!