PDA

View Full Version : Problem with burnouts

bryanthomas
05-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Alright guys, I searched and I can't find an answer to this prob. I have probably done about half a dozen burnouts in my car, and most of them I've done since I had the 4.10s, 3000 stall TC, and Reinhart tune.

Well this weekend I was showing my car to a future in-law and I was feeling a bit macho and he wanted to see what Oprah could do, so I proceeded to do a burnout: TC off, O/D off, left foot on brake, right foot on throttle... nothing. It just revved, all the way up to about 3000. I didn't hold it for longer than 15 seconds because I was puzzled by the lack of smoke that should have been spewing from my rear tires. He's a mechanic and said it must be my new "high stall converter" because it "sounded like I was burning up my transmission." But the thing is I've done 3 or 4 great burnouts since it was installed.

The car runs fine other wise. It shifts great with the DR tune and runs like a champ; so what gives with the burnouts?

Marauderman
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't have TC, but my thinking is that it may have something to do with your problem---.......so think back--was it off every time as you said in the past or was it left on---sometimes a simple button can mean everthing----.....Tom

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
I have a problem with burnouts as well.

Resistance. :D

Keep trying.

Marauderman
05-23-2006, 05:27 PM
I know the feeling--:lol:--Your so right

MarauderMark
05-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Call Dr - 904-276-5003

glassman99
05-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Cruztaker.....ya gotta be kidding me. BTW..I have had the same probelm. As is was a 'pushin on the gas I was a pushin on the brake at better than equal. Natural reaction. Get a lne lock.

Glenn
05-23-2006, 06:28 PM
If you are pressing down too hard on the brake petal it may not break loose. Get a line lock they are great.

Glenn

bryanthomas
05-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Cruztaker.....ya gotta be kidding me. BTW..I have had the same probelm. As is was a 'pushin on the gas I was a pushin on the brake at better than equal. Natural reaction. Get a lne lock.

Ya know, come to think of it I may have been applying too much brake. :o Thanks guys.

whoskal
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I was having a simular problem..faulty traction control switch, replaced under warranty.......Baby lights up now!!!!