PDA

View Full Version : A general post

marauder307
05-30-2006, 12:47 PM
First off, progress with the new car:

http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55613

Second: Got a problem involving the missus' Freestyle.

In the small lot where she has to park here in our apartment complex, she
has to park right up next to a small grassy peninsula. The residential management company, when they first built this place, had this peninsula included on the sprinkler circuit with the surrounding common areas.

The problem is that the water coming out of the heads is really putting a hurt on the Freestyle's paint---there's some real nasty water spots that no amount of washing seems to be getting out. They're on the glass too. It doesn't help that we're only a mile from the ocean; the salt air's bad enough. But this stuff is really pi.ss.ing me off...we're getting ready to spend about $150 this weekend to have a thorough detail job done, with waterspot removal, and we're going to buy a car cover as well.

I've asked my fellow townhouse-dwellers around here about the quality of this water; the general consensus is that it is NOT reclaimed water, as I've seen in Florida, but more likely just unfiltered hard water.

(Now, we could get off on a long tangent about dealing with residential management companies, or why in the he11 would anybody want to irrigate a 8' x 2' strip that has more tree stump and light pole in it than grass, especially in a state that's gotten 9 feet of rain in the last 5 months...but we'll leave all that alone for now.)

My question to all of you is: What's available out there to remove waterspots? I've got easy access to the Pearl Harbor Autoshop, NAPA autoparts, and Costco. With some driving I could get to a Checker's Auto Parts. I'd rather be able to take care of this at home than spend $150 every couple of weeks having somebody else do it. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep belaboring the management company to cap off those 3 sprinkler heads because they're not really doing any good, and the damage to my wife's 3 month old 2k-mile car is intolerable.

Could use some help here....:depress:

KillJoy
05-30-2006, 12:51 PM
This site has a few products that say they remove water spots...... but I would suggest caution if you try any.

www.msitrt.com (http://www.msitrt.com)

KillJoy

DarthMarauder
05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
All I got to say it use a zaino clay bar that alone sold me on the kit. I drove my car last winter all winter and at the end I had alot of salt stains that I couldnt even buff out with compound with my dewalt buffer. Got the zaino kit used the clay bar in the order of the directions and when I did the wash after the clay all the stains were gone. I'd definitly try that before spending 150 on a detail. Heck at 150 you can get the zaino kit and wax the freestyle after and do the new bonneville. Or at the least try getting another form of a claybar at your local auto parts store and try that wouldnt hurt.

MENINBLK
05-30-2006, 10:42 PM
What's available out there to remove waterspots? I've got easy access to the Pearl Harbor Autoshop, NAPA autoparts, and Costco.

Costco..... White Vinegar and Sponge.

Then a good coating of wax.