PDA

View Full Version : Metal fabricators?

Mad4Macs
06-03-2006, 06:00 AM
If there are any of you capable of doing some bracket fabrication (and I know that some of you do great work!), I've got a proposition for you.
I've relocated to Houston, and I'm more than a little unhappy about drilling holes in my new Mustang to make room for the @*&% Texas license plates.
So, would it be possible to make a bracket that'll mount the bugger in the grill, between the driving lights?
I'd rather cover up the Pony in the grill, than to puncture my bumper cover!
:mad2:

Thanks...

BUCKWHEAT
06-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I thought Texas changed the rules last September so you no longer have to display a front plate at all.

hdwrench
06-03-2006, 08:38 PM
i think that was a rumor and never panned out.

would be nice though.

hdwrench
06-03-2006, 08:41 PM
If there are any of you capable of doing some bracket fabrication (and I know that some of you do great work!), I've got a proposition for you.
I've relocated to Houston, and I'm more than a little unhappy about drilling holes in my new Mustang to make room for the @*&% Texas license plates.
So, would it be possible to make a bracket that'll mount the bugger in the grill, between the driving lights?
I'd rather cover up the Pony in the grill, than to puncture my bumper cover!
:mad2:

Thanks...

If it bothers you that much don't even run a front plate.... chances of getting pulled over for JUST that are slim. most vettes dont run front plates, i never ran one on my Z28 and never got pulled over (for the lack of a plate anyway) :cool:

BigCars4Ever
06-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Use 3m Automotive tape. Just make sure to use the prep wipes from 3M. When it's time to remove it a little twisting and pulling and laquer thinner followed with some buffing and your done. My 03 had the spoiler held on with only that tape and it stayed on through the accident.

Mad4Macs
06-06-2006, 05:03 AM
Problem is, that Ford made a lot of 'Stangs with bumpers that come to a "v" in the front, with no flat or recessed spot to mount a plate. I never thought about it, until I saw an '06 bumper with a plate sized place to mount a tag, but there are 2 completely different bumpers for the new ponies.
For me to use tape, I'd have to bend the plate into a "v" and hope it stuck.
Ugh!

RR|Suki
06-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Problem is, that Ford made a lot of 'Stangs with bumpers that come to a "v" in the front, with no flat or recessed spot to mount a plate. I never thought about it, until I saw an '06 bumper with a plate sized place to mount a tag, but there are 2 completely different bumpers for the new ponies.
For me to use tape, I'd have to bend the plate into a "v" and hope it stuck.
Ugh!

you can't sick it up on your dashboard looking out the front windshield?

Mad4Macs
06-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Yeah, and I might as well get vanity plates reading "Texican" while I'm at it :rolleyes:
Just kidding!