PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck!

rvaldez1
06-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Tomorrow I have to take a Microeconomics and a Business Calculus Final. Ive been cramming for 10 hours, I think Itll be an all nighter. The one thing I dont understand about school is that people actually pay alot of money to get WORK in return, the concept is mind boggling.

gilby04
06-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Tomorrow I have to take a Microeconomics and a Business Calculus Final. Ive been cramming for 10 hours, I think Itll be an all nighter. The one thing I dont understand about school is that people actually pay alot of money to get WORK in return, the concept is mind boggling.

In the overall scheme of "MACROeconomics", there is an axiom that references "you reap what you sow". Adjust the "limits" in your calculus study to refect your expected lifespan, and your future earning quotient will far surpass your current tuition quotient. Afterall, money is just "financial fertilizer"...it needs to be spread around generously so young talent can grow and prosper. Then, when you "play the game" of working to get money in return, the money amount is how you "keep score".
Think of your anticipated allnighter as an investment in "MACROeconomics".
All the Best with your exams.

MarauderMark
06-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Good luck :up:

grampaws
06-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Good Luck!!:banana:

ckadiddle
06-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Good luck. Hope your head doesn't explode.

sweetair
06-05-2006, 10:16 AM
In the overall scheme of "MACROeconomics", there is an axiom that references "you reap what you sow". Adjust the "limits" in your calculus study to refect your expected lifespan, and your future earning quotient will far surpass your current tuition quotient. Afterall, money is just "financial fertilizer"...it needs to be spread around generously so young talent can grow and prosper. Then, when you "play the game" of working to get money in return, the money amount is how you "keep score".
Think of your anticipated allnighter as an investment in "MACROeconomics".
All the Best with your exams.Ver well said. You education is an investment. You get out what you put in. Good luck............

duhtroll
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Good luck - I always thought finals were basically like a video game. Every professor has his/her own motives and once you figure those out (a cheat code) you know exactly what to study.

One semester I had 5 finals and a jury all in one day. I did finals at 8, 10, 12, 2, and 4, and played the jury after one of the finals I knew would be short. The up side was that I packed and went home Tuesday morning, while others were taking tests.

Then I drank beer.

SergntMac
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
It's been my experience (in limited topics) that by the time you finish schooling, what you have learned is outdated. However, you spend 4 years learning how to learn quicker and more efficiently, how to cut through the red tape and get things done in an expediant manner, making yourself look very bright. It's also been my experience that very bright people, are really kind of dumb.

School...It's worth it.

Marauderman
06-05-2006, 05:24 PM
It's been my experience (in limited topics) that by the time you finish schooling, what you have learned is outdated. However, you spend 4 years learning how to learn quicker and more efficiently, how to cut through the red tape and get things done in an expediant manner, making yourself look very bright. It's also been my experience that very bright people, are really kind of dumb.

School...It's worth it.
sounds like my daughter and son-in-law who each have BS degrees ,,, out of my pocket for daughter and neither don't know how to use any tools or how to fix anything on cars or the house---"hey...lets call Dad..".......again your words are righ in there Mac!....WTG!!...and oh yeah---good luck on your test----remember that "c" is the best answer when in doubt.......:lol:

mr.continental
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
i feel your pain. good luck.

rvaldez1
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
thanks alot for the input gentlemen. I aced the two tests, 2 pots of coffee later, now I just have to study for Bus. Law and Cost Accounting.

duhtroll
06-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Not really trying to be a dick, but if your daughter doesn't know how to use tools, whose fault is that? :P

She could decide to *not* call dad, which could be far, far worse.

Seems to me the intelligent person is the one who can admit they don't know something rather than f*** it up first.

I'm hoping my daughter will "call Dad" when the time comes. It will mean I'm still alive, we still have a good relationship, and she sees me as someone of value. Could be worse. I guess I'm an optimist on this one.

As for the bright people being dumb theory, Mac, anyone who can and does everything for themselves please stand up.

Thought not.

-A

sounds like my daughter and son-in-law who each have BS degrees ,,, out of my pocket for daughter and neither don't know how to use any tools or how to fix anything on cars or the house---"hey...lets call Dad..".......again your words are righ in there Mac!....WTG!!...and oh yeah---good luck on your test----remember that "c" is the best answer when in doubt.......:lol: