View Full Version : al-Zarqawi killed in Iraq

sdacbob
06-08-2006, 02:50 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iraq

:banana2: :beer: :banana: :cheer: :gunfire: :cuke:

Petrograde
06-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Hell yeah! :up: :flag:

of course, someone will step in to take his place,... but it's a step closer.

Marauderjack
06-08-2006, 04:57 AM
He was probably the most ruthless of them all....I SINCERELY HOPE HE ENJOYS HIS VIRGINS INHELL!!!

Marauderjack:rolleyes:

PS: Thanks to all involved in this giant step in our efforts!! We still have a long road ahead!!

Hotrauder
06-08-2006, 05:19 AM
Finally! The best part however, the neighbors threw him under the bus. Now if they will just get with the program with the rest of those lunatics our kids can come home. Ya, I know; the entire middle east power structure is so frightened by personal freedom that they don't dare let it happen. So on it goes till the people make it happen. This may be a huge step forward. I hope. Made my day. dennis

rayjay
06-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Maybe his 70 virgins will actually be 70 PO'd Virginians...

Big House
06-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Not to be the "pooper," but before we get get happy this guy and some of his aids are dead, lets wait a minute to see what affect his death has the insurgency. Best case, the spirit of the insurgency dies with him...worst case...this solidifies their cause and bring them out in even stronger numbers. I could almost liken this to Hercules fighting the Hydra...when you cut off one head....two pop up in its place.

Don't get it twisted though...I am glad they took him out...a little vindication for our fallen brothers and sisters, but lets hold off on the ticker tape for right now.

My .02.

KillJoy
06-08-2006, 07:04 AM
This is true. It can go either way. The death of it, or just the beginning.

Only time will tell.

KillJoy

Rider90
06-08-2006, 07:59 AM
hey cool...

Dr Caleb
06-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Sorry guys. This is like the 5th or 6th time he's been 'confirmed' killed. He's got an artificial leg from the first time he was 'confirmed' killed.

Don't count on it, even if you see the body. A simple google search will turn up many articles like this over the last 5 or 6 years.

The guy is like Wile E. Coyote.

rayjay
06-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Sorry guys. This is like the 5th or 6th time he's been 'confirmed' killed. He's got an artificial leg from the first time he was 'confirmed' killed.

Don't count on it, even if you see the body. A simple google search will turn up many articles like this over the last 5 or 6 years.

The guy is like Wile E. Coyote.

FWIW, the military supposedly did fingerprint comparisons for positive ID.

hbarrett
06-08-2006, 09:04 AM
He was a villain, a brutal, merciless terrorist, and it's absolutely wonderful to see that there is one less terrorist pig hunting for our heads. I am all for a ticker tape parade, and as far as I am concerned, they can hang his useless body right in the middle of Times Square for all to see. Now lets get the rest of them pigs!
Not to be the "pooper," but before we get get happy this guy and some of his aids are dead, lets wait a minute to see what affect his death has the insurgency. Best case, the spirit of the insurgency dies with him...worst case...this solidifies their cause and bring them out in even stronger numbers. I could almost liken this to Hercules fighting the Hydra...when you cut off one head....two pop up in its place.

Don't get it twisted though...I am glad they took him out...a little vindication for our fallen brothers and sisters, but lets hold off on the ticker tape for right now.

My .02.

not5-0
06-08-2006, 09:18 AM
almost 3000 Americans have died so far and countless mamed and injured, and the death of 1 person is an accomplishment. It seems to me that we are misguided. Let's have a relentless, full attack on these bastards and get it over with once and for all.:mad2:

hbarrett
06-08-2006, 10:13 AM
:2thumbs: I'm with you. We know what their intentions are so, "do unto them, before they do unto us."
almost 3000 Americans have died so far and countless mamed and injured, and the death of 1 person is an accomplishment. It seems to me that we are misguided. Let's have a relentless, full attack on these bastards and get it over with once and for all.:mad2:

1 Bad Merc
06-08-2006, 10:21 AM
"And another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust, hey, were going to get you too, another one bites the dust!" :beer:

I hope Osama has satellite tv in whatever cave he's hiding in! Were still going to get his' as*!

Way to go troops!

BruteForce
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Think of it as a giant never-ending game of "Whack-A-Mole".

merc
06-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Ding Dong! al-Zarqawi is dead. Which old terrorist ? The Wicked terrorist!
Ding Dong! The Wicked terririst is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, al-Zarqawi dead. He’s gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, send the bombs low.
Let them know
The Wicked Terrorist is dead!

Joe Walsh
06-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Glad to hear that he is toast!

The scumbag died in his sleep when a 500 LB. bomb knocked on his bedroom door!

I only wish that U.S. Intelligence had called his cellphone 20 seconds before impact to inform him that the U.S.of A. was sending him a loud present and that he was about to be F'd!

Bluerauder
06-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Think of it as a giant never-ending game of "Whack-A-Mole".
Unfortunately, there's a whole lotta truth in that ^^^^ statement. But, I am certainly glad that mole will no longer bother us or the troops.

MarauderMark
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
So what .:rolleyes:

StevenJ
06-08-2006, 05:48 PM

I only wish that U.S. Intelligence had called his cellphone 20 seconds before impact to inform him that the U.S.of A. was sending him a loud present and that he was about to be F'd!
Realistically I don't think he owns cell phone because if he did, that would give us a way to track him by his calls...

I don't know, I don't get off where some people like Jerry Springer get off by saying we are the enemy. I mean, this guy is the same guy that bombed hotels in Jordan killing several hundreds of people, pulled twenty five kids off a school bus, seperated four of the students that were Sunnis and then killed all the rest. I'm glad he's dead. It's step in the right direction towards a free democratic Iraq. :beer:

mr.continental
06-08-2006, 06:06 PM
A gutless, cowardly, lowlife, dirty rat bastard is all he was, is, and ever will be. I hope he burns in hell for all eternity, because that what he deserves.

God Bless who ever ratted his sorry azz out.

natedog1284
06-08-2006, 06:24 PM
A gutless, cowardly, lowlife, dirty rat bastard is all he was, is, and ever will be. I hope he burns in hell for all eternity, because that what he deserves.

God Bless who ever ratted his sorry azz out.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, well said! One more to check off the list! :beer:

DEFYANT
06-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Fnck him. The bastard doesn't deserve a thread with his name in it.

mr.continental
06-08-2006, 06:59 PM

You're right. This thread should be changed to "Dirty Rat Bastard Killed in Iraq."

:flag:

hbarrett
06-08-2006, 07:02 PM
:2thumbs: Agreed!

FiveO
06-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Another good thing is that someone within his organization turned him in.

We can say more will replace him...but we can also say there will be more people to inform on the new leaders.

I'm thinking Osama is next :)

Joe Walsh
06-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Another good thing is that someone within his organization turned him in.
We can say more will replace him...but we can also say there will be more people to inform on the new leaders.

I'm thinking Osama is next :)

Yep!

They hate Americans with a passion, but they DO LIKE American dollars!

Overheard shortly before the two F-16s were deployed for the mission:

>"Khalil, how much reward money will those American pigs pay for our great leader al-Zarqawi??"

>"25 Million Dollars"

>"Ohhhhhh!, I have to call home and say hello to my wife.";)

hitchhiker
06-08-2006, 07:58 PM
1.7 Billion more Muslim Terrorists to go!

:D

Dr Caleb
06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
FWIW, the military supposedly did fingerprint comparisons for positive ID.

Even if his own mother were pointing at the body and crying "It's Him! It's him!" I'm skeptical. ;)

It does look like they finally got him. What I won't do however, is mock him. As a former soldier I know this man died fighing for what he believed in, believing his cause to be just.

I don't have to like the man, nor what he did, but I do respect he was willing to give his life for a cause. Just like I'd be willing to take it for mine.

"Without Warning, Sans Remorse."

Big House
06-09-2006, 05:42 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep!

They hate Americans with a passion, but they DO LIKE American dollars!

Overheard shortly before the two F-16s were deployed for the mission:

>"Khalil, how much reward money will those American pigs pay for our great leader al-Zarqawi??"

>"25 Million Dollars"

>"Ohhhhhh!, I have to call home and say hello to my wife.";)

jerrym3
06-09-2006, 05:43 AM
I hope he gets his 70 virgins, and their names are Andrew, Bob, Chuck, Dave, Eddie, Frank, George, etc, etc, etc.

Listening to a local news radio broadcast today, the commentator stated that his friends "ratted" him out. I was bothered by the comment.

Why the term "ratted"? Makes it sound like the informer is the bad guy. If there were more people willing to provide information on these murderers, our folks would be home a lot quicker.

Big House
06-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Hitch....

Now that is a stretch but I would not expect anything different gauging from past posts. :nono:

House

1.7 Billion more Muslim Terrorists to go!

:D

MarauderMark
06-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Thats why i said what i said then unsubscribe to the this thread. CLOSE NOO , DELETE THIS THREAD.

CRZYBIKER
06-09-2006, 07:06 AM
>"What I won't do however, is mock him. As a former soldier I know this man died fighing for what he believed in, believing his >cause to be just.

>I don't have to like the man, nor what he did, but I do respect he was willing to give his life for a cause. Just like I'd be willing to >take it for mine."

A soldier kills other soldiers and government officials, a person who kills innocent people for the cause is NO soldier. A person who does this is no better than a pile of dog stool. I wish he was captured and tortured in the most painful way for years, ground up, and fed to a dog.

GreekGod
06-09-2006, 08:34 AM
This article, from Army Times has much detail you won't find on CNN, etc. ...

<http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1739387.php>

Dr Caleb
06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
>"What I won't do however, is mock him. As a former soldier I know this man died fighing for what he believed in, believing his >cause to be just.

>I don't have to like the man, nor what he did, but I do respect he was willing to give his life for a cause. Just like I'd be willing to >take it for mine."

A soldier kills other soldiers and government officials, a person who kills innocent people for the cause is NO soldier. A person who does this is no better than a pile of dog stool. I wish he was captured and tortured in the most painful way for years, ground up, and fed to a dog.

Didn't read what I wrote, huh. I didn't expect everyone would. I underlined the important bit.

Do you not see the irony between your first and third sentences? The IRA taught the British an all-important lesson: If you are fighting to defend your way of life, you must not give up your way of life.

Rider90
06-09-2006, 08:58 AM
hey cool 789

Hotrauder
06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Realistically I don't think he owns cell phone because if he did, that would give us a way to track him by his calls...

I don't know, I don't get off where some people like Jerry Springer get off by saying we are the enemy. I mean, this guy is the same guy that bombed hotels in Jordan killing several hundreds of people, pulled twenty five kids off a school bus, seperated four of the students that were Sunnis and then killed all the rest. I'm glad he's dead. It's step in the right direction towards a free democratic Iraq. :beer:

Holy *****, Steven; don't be watching any more Jerry Springer. Your head is already way to soft. Dennis:fishslap: You are right on here however.:D

CRZYBIKER
06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Not trying to start anything, and its ok for people to disagree. I just think even respect for his "dying for the cause" is undeserved. Now fighting fairly and dying for the cause, that sure is respectable.

Festus
06-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Al-Zarqawi yesterday made his way to the pearly gates. There, he is greeted by George Washington. "How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" yells Mr. Washington, slapping him in the face.

Patrick Henry comes up from behind. "You wanted to end the Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!" Henry punches Al-Zarqawi on the nose.

James Madison comes up next, and says "This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense!" He drops a large weight on Al-Zarqawi's knee.

Al-Zarqawi is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke, James Monroe, and 65 other people who have the same love for liberty and America.

As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Al-Zarqawi awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams "This is not what I was promised!"

An angel replies "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you, idiot. What did you think I said?"

Festus
06-09-2006, 09:18 AM
(2006-06-09) — As Blackberry devices and cell phones on Capitol Hill hummed with news of the death of terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi yesterday, Congressional Democrats vowed that despite the loss they would fight on in “the war on the war on terror.”

“Zarqawi will be missed because he put a human face on the futility of the illegal U.S. occupation of Iraq,” said one unnamed lawmaker, who assured a reporter that “Democrats are still optimistic. We’re still looking for the silver lining.”

Rep. John Murtha, D-PA, a former Marine and vocal critic of the military occupation of Iraq, immediately denounced “the Zarqawi massacre” and suggested that the F-16 pilot who dropped the bombs had snapped under pressure and murdered the al Qaeda leader “in cold blood.”

Sen. Arlen Specter, R-PA, demanded an explanation of the secret intelligence gathering techniques and surveillance used to find Mr. Zarqawi.

“I want to give the president an opportunity to explain the program to the Congress and to assure the American people that nobody’s civil rights were violated,” said Sen. Specter.

Meanwhile, Democrat National Committee Chairman Howard Dean and former presidential candidate Al Gore observed a moment of silence as they heard of the passing of Mr. Zarqawi, a fellow Internet pioneer.

hitchhiker
06-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Hitch....

Now that is a stretch but I would not expect anything different gauging from past posts. :nono:

House

And how do you feel about people who pray for the demise of your country?

:confused:

mr.continental
06-09-2006, 09:46 AM
I don't have to like the man, nor what he did, but I do respect he was willing to give his life for a cause. Just like I'd be willing to take it for mine.

Do you respect Hitler as well?

Leadfoot281
06-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Unless each of those 500lb bombs went up his a$$, one after the other, I'd say he got off easy. Especially when you compare his death to Nick Bergs, or anyone else he decapitated.

Dr Caleb
06-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Do you respect Hitler as well?

Was he willing to die for a cause he believed in? Was he a soldier? Noooooope. Does he have anything to do with my statement? Noooope.

Non Sequitr. :down:

Big House
06-09-2006, 02:33 PM
I feel sorry for them...as for as the rest of the Muslim world that would do you little to no harm, I would welcome them as I would welcome anyone else. I know a number of Muslims and they are not all terrorists, just like I know a lot of people that look like Tim Mcvey and Terry Nichols and Ted Slazinski(the Uni-Bomber) and they are not all against the gevernment. I know hundreds of cats that look like Lee Boyd Malvo and john MoHummad(DC snipers) but they are not lying in the trunks of cars shooting people.

My point is...for the sake of fairness...watch your generalizations and groupings.

And how do you feel about people who pray for the demise of your country?

:confused:

StevenJ
06-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I feel sorry for them...as for as the rest of the Muslim world that would do you little to no harm, I would welcome them as I would welcome anyone else. I know a number of Muslims and they are not all terrorists, just like I know a lot of people that look like Tim Mcvey and Terry Nichols and Ted Slazinski(the Uni-Bomber) and they are not all against the gevernment. I know hundreds of cats that look like Lee Boyd Malvo and john MoHummad(DC snipers) but they are not lying in the trunks of cars shooting people.

My point is...for the sake of fairness...watch your generalizations and groupings.

That is true. There are also many friendly Muslim countires in the Middle East such as Jordan, Egypt, the UAE, and Dubai. Each group of people have their own haters. Whites have the KKK, blacks have the black panthers, and muslims have the extremist and even this is oversimplifaction. Basically, having the ability to create hate crimes and crimes against humanity is not limited to any one group of people. And thank you Dennis for your kind words. Politics is not something to joke about it though many people do and they shall remain nameless.

Smokie
06-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Was he willing to die for a cause he believed in? Yes, he fought in WWI Was he a soldier?Again yes, by some acounts fought bravely in WWI Noooooope. Does he have anything to do with my statement? Yes, it merits a comparison Noooope.

Non Sequitr. :down:

It makes no difference to me that you respect Zarqawi, as a soldier or as a person, again I truly don't care. However it was perfectly fair to ask you if you respect Hitler as well.

Hitler did fight for what he believed in, he most definitively was a soldier; if your criteria for worthy of respect is " a soldier willing to fight and die for what he believe in " Hitler would be more "worthy:rolleyes: " of respect since he actually saw combat; it is very apparent from a video of Zarqawi that he does not know how to use an automatic weapon.

StevenJ
06-10-2006, 12:18 PM
It makes no difference to me that you respect Zarqawi, as a soldier or as a person, again I truly don't care. However it was perfectly fair to ask you if you respect Hitler as well.

Hitler did fight for what he believed in, he most definitively was a soldier; if your criteria for worthy of respect is " a soldier willing to fight and die for what he believe in " Hitler would be more "worthy:rolleyes: " of respect since he actually saw combat; it is very apparent from a video of Zarqawi that he does not know how to use an automatic weapon.

Besides killing millions of Jews, communist, gays, and gypsies, Hitler's want to rebuild germany was respectable. Plus he did teach the French a lesson by conquring the country in just a couple of days. But you'd have to over look a world of bad to say he was 'good'.

Smokie
06-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Besides killing millions of Jews, communist, gays, and gypsies, Hitler's want to rebuild germany was respectable. Plus he did teach the French a lesson by conquring the country in just a couple of days. But you'd have to over look a world of bad to say he was 'good'.

Before someone misunderstands what my point was with my previous post; let my clarify: Hitler was evil, Zarqawi was evil....I have no respect for evil man, regardless of how committed to their "cause" they are.

mr.continental
06-10-2006, 03:26 PM

Thank you for the support and realizing that my question was an honest question.

Joe Walsh
06-11-2006, 07:05 AM

Although my 'cell phone scenario' was wishful thinking,
it appears that al-Zarqawi was alive and lucid enough to realize that their were U.S. Forces standing over him in the ruins of the safe house.
It is good to know that he looked up and the last thing he saw was an American soldier.
His last thought as he drifted off to Martyrdom was probably: "How the 'F' did those Americans get me?"