PDA

View Full Version : Full Reveal Spy Shots of 2008 Silverado

Donny Carlson
06-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Chevy has guarded this tightly, but spy shots from a photo shoot have surfaced:

Link goes to web site with story:
http://www.speedsportlife.com/2006/06/12/2008-chevy-silverado-uncovered/

Is it me, or is the hood ajar?

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/974/medium/w_silverado_z71_cd_jun062.jpg (http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18517&size=big&cat=974)

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/974/medium/w_silverado_z71_cd_jun06.jpg (http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18516&size=big&cat=974&ppuser=1)

jgc61sr2002
06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
The hood looks ajar to me also.

Blackened300a
06-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Looks like a oversized Colorado.

69marquis conv
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Something about the cab from this angle resembles a Dodge. The whole body looks ajar to me- can you tell how I feel about it? :eek:

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/974/medium/w_silverado_z71_cd_jun06.jpg (http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18516&size=big&cat=974&ppuser=1)

Donny Carlson
06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Something about the cab from this angle resembles a Dodge. The whole body looks ajar to me- can you tell how I feel about it? :eek:

I like the Ford F-150 design better. The SS version I may warm up to when I see it, but there's nothing nicer that a Harley Davidson F-150, imo, not to mention the F250 King Ranch. And Big Yellar.

Ford REALLY needs to being out a new SVT Lightning.

Joe Walsh
06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Looks like a BIG red Bulldog.....Heavy, fat, front end and a tiny little rear.

In that one photo the front fenders look hideous!

BAD MERC
06-12-2006, 06:34 PM
You can always tell a GM vehicle. They can't seem to center the OnStar antenna and it looks like a wart on the roof. 50 bucks says charcoal rickety plastic interior with the obligatory LOUD-AS-HELL door chime that works through the door speaker (?). I guess I just Hate GM with a criminal passion.

Vortex
06-12-2006, 07:34 PM
God god that thing is ugly! I was hoping they would go back to a smoother look that the one they have now. Actually, I thought the style previous to the one they sell now was a pretty good looking truck. This 08 model is horrible and looks like a Colorado with those fenders flares or whatever and strange windows ect.... Too bad. GMs loss will likely be the new Toyotas gain. Of course, I prefer the Dodge myself!

sabtaj1
06-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Like a cross between a dodge, silverado and a nisson frontier. dont likey

STLR FN
06-12-2006, 08:15 PM
:puke: :puke: :puke: and what's up with the roof racks? :shake:

blackf0rk
06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Looks like a oversized Colorado.

+1

it looks like poopoo

Marauder2005
06-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Looks like the F150 to me. I like GM too, but I think Ford 'owns'

the truck Dept.

cbala
06-13-2006, 05:06 AM
One thing about GM trucks, their powerplant options just destroy what Ford has to offer. The Ford V10 is worthless, and the 5.4 is a DOG how it is powered in the truck lineup. At this time, I will take a GM motor in a truck over the Ford offerings anyday... MHO.

I do agree that it is ugly though.

MM2004
06-13-2006, 09:15 AM
2007 Chevrolet Silverado Isn't a Secret Anymore
Jun 13, 2006

Chevrolet's vitally important all-new 2007 Silverado full-size pickup breaks cover for the first time with these photos of the jealously guarded truck that goes on sale this fall.
The Silverado is General Motors' best-selling vehicle, notching 705,980 sales in 2005. The new model is part of the company's GMT900 family of full-size pickups and SUVs, which includes the hot-selling Cadillac Escalade and Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs that went on sale earlier this year.
GM sells about 1.7 million of the trucks each year, raking in annual revenues greater than the gross domestic product of Luxembourg.
The four-door crew cab Silverado, caught on public roads during a photo shoot for GM's fall advertising blitz, sports Chevy's top-of-the-line Z71 off-road package, a roof rack and rear-object detecting parking assist.
GM originally planned to start selling the new Silverado and its stablemate, the GMC Sierra, next year as 2008 models. However, senior executives working on the program say production of the SUVs has gone so smoothly that they pulled the pickups forward several months.
Sales should begin in October. The early launch will provide a major infusion of cash to GM's bottom line this year. The new Chevy and GMC will also have a head start of several months before Toyota begins selling its big new Tundra full-size pickup sometime in 2007.
The Silverado's styling is evolutionary, as to be expected for the replacement to a best-selling vehicle with loyal and sometimes conservative customers.
The high roofline suggests a roomy interior, while the chrome grille bars wrap around the gold Chevy bowtie and are bigger and more prominent than on the '06 truck.
The headlights are larger and better integrated with the grille on the new model, and body-color plastic sheathes the corners of the front bumpers. Flared front and rear fenders give the '07 a wide stance, and the bulging hood is reminiscent of the styling of past Chevrolet pickups.The pictures came from noted automotive spy photographer Brenda Priddy and Co. of Chandler, Ariz.
Priddy reported that "It took five long days, hundreds of miles and more caffeine than one wants to admit to, but after days of watching a commercial photo shoot from afar, our photographer finally got a chance to photograph the all-new 2007 Chevrolet Silverado as it sprinted out of a car carrier and ran through a car wash. The camera-ready crew cab was decked out in the Z71 off-road package, and wearing brochure-red paint."
Priddy would not reveal where the pictures were taken other than in that wide area of North America "north of Phoenix."

Dan
06-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Did someone say ugly. Fugly is a better word.

Ford and Dodge have it over GM any day when it comes to trucks.

Best,

Dan

BAD MERC
06-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Had my first opportunity to work on a 2006 Dodge Ram3500 dually Mega-Cab 4 X 4 with a Cummins. What a huge cab! My god this truck is so well thought out. I am still a Ford man all the way to the marrow.

Silver_04
06-14-2006, 07:48 PM
I could tell through the camo at work it was an ugly truck and these pictures just confirmed it.

dreydin
06-15-2006, 12:38 AM
i second the "it looks like poopoo"

GreekGod
06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I like the Ford F-150 design better. The SS version I may warm up to when I see it, but there's nothing nicer that a Harley Davidson F-150, imo, not to mention the F250 King Ranch. And Big Yellar.

Ford REALLY needs to being out a new SVT Lightning.

If you have never seen (or smelled) a King Ranch, do yourself a favor and get to a Ford dealer that has one in stock. They should charge $1.00 to sit in one and donate the money to charity! The interior is absolutely beautiful. The leather is a work of art. They should patent the new car smell of the interior.

:puke: :puke: :puke: and what's up with the roof racks? :shake:

That roof rack will increase high speed stability above 100 mph.