PDA

View Full Version : On the news stands

Mike Poore
06-19-2006, 12:26 PM
The July issue of Mustang Monthly is now on the news stands. The article and photo spread about Sunshine, our '93 Canary Yellow Feature Car, LX, 5.0 Conv. finally got published. :sunshine:

I've posted photos in the past, but none as good as Jim Smart took at the shoot. And in case you're wondering, yes, that's me in the photo, wearing Donna's Detroit ball cap.:tigger:

MM2004
06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
The July issue of Mustang Monthly is now on the news stands. The article and photo spread about Sunshine, our '93 Canary Yellow Feature Car, LX, 5.0 Conv. finally got published. :sunshine:

I've posted photos in the past, but none as good as Jim Smart took at the shoot. And in case you're wondering, yes, that's me in the photo, wearing Donna's Detroit ball cap.:tigger:

Great news Mike! You guys deserve it. Keep a copy or 2 for the car shows, k?

Mike.

merc
06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Mike could I have a signed copy by you and Barb? I wlll pick it up at the next C.A.M meet.

Breadfan
06-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I think I'll go and pick up a copy!

SergntMac
06-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Schawwweeettttt!

bigslim
06-19-2006, 04:52 PM
You talk about my car and Dave's Impala you named your car "Sunshine"? :shake:

jimlam56
06-19-2006, 05:37 PM

Look at the pics.
If that car doesn't make you want Anita Bryant, nothing will...:D
I can visualize the OJ commercial now!

MM2004
06-19-2006, 06:09 PM

It's a Ford Mustang. And one hell of a fine example.

The man deserves an applause, not a cheap shot.

My apologies Mike. Carry on,...

Mike.

MERCMAN
06-19-2006, 06:42 PM

Having had the pleasure of seeing Sunshine in person, there is NO other name applicable for that car. I am sure that the pics are wonderful(I will check out the mag), but there is NO WAY a pic can do that car justice. That car is Barb's pride and joy, and I am sure that if Mike should ever put a scratch on it, well,, lets just say,,, the crab monster will have a full belly for quite a few nights!!! :rofl:

martyo
06-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Now that's cool!

Are you gonna shoot me for molesting my Yellow car? :D

Btw, a nice one just sold on e-bay. Let me know if you want the link.

bigslim
06-19-2006, 08:43 PM
It's a Ford Mustang. And one hell of a fine example.

The man deserves an applause, not a cheap shot.

My apologies Mike. Carry on,...

Mike.
Yeh right!

Mike Poore
06-20-2006, 04:14 AM
Now that's cool!

Are you gonna shoot me for molesting my Yellow car? :D

Btw, a nice one just sold on e-bay. Let me know if you want the link.

PM sent...

martyo
06-20-2006, 05:12 AM
PM sent...

:D :) :D :) :D

Bluerauder
06-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Having had the pleasure of seeing Sunshine in person, there is NO other name applicable for that car.
Me too and I agree !! The car is in perfect shape and better than showroom condition. Congrats Mike and Barb. :2thumbs: I'll be checking the news stands today. :D

MarauderMark
06-20-2006, 07:12 AM
Congrtas Mike:up:I saw that car at the dyno day (i'm pretty sure that was it).As soon as i can find which store down here has it i most certainly will pick it up..:D

Mike Poore
06-21-2006, 03:10 AM
I thought/hoped you'd be able to see the article on-line: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/toc/thismonth/ , but I wasn't able to access that part of the magazine. Maybe you guys will have better luck. Otherwise, you'll need to get a copy at the news stands, if you want to see it.

MM03MOK
06-21-2006, 04:52 AM
Yellow Alert
Original owners Mike and Barbara Poore are well into their second decade of preserving their like-new '93 5.0 feature car.Mike, you got first billing??? ;)

Bigdogjim
06-21-2006, 06:59 AM

See key word here is "mustang" Still a Ford not a Gm or other car.
mustangs are cool on a Mercury board.....get it?

And what would call it?......buttercup:baaa:

IF you read the story then you will see the car is really something.
Not common like a PT or impala....................

End of highjack:censor:

Mike Poore
06-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Mike, you got first billing??? ;)

Really, Mary, Sunshine's Barb's car, and it was only an accident that I happened to be standing watch at Carlisle when Jim Smart came by, and drug me and Sunshine off to do the photo shoot. I mean, what could I do? ;)

The story about the car, and how and why we bought it is really a great one, but I feel uncomfortable relating it on this board. Perhaps I'll print it out and post it elsewhere. :(

Mike Poore
06-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Hopefully you folks were able to locate your very own issue of Mustang Monthly. It seems, Wally-World doesn't consider it of sufficient importance to stock, as they have to make room for the 95 various publications about the WWF and various diet magazines, y'know.

Sigh ....poor Sunshine! http://www.mercurymarauder.us/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Bluerauder
06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000066]Hopefully you folks were able to locate your very own issue of Mustang Monthly.
None in stock at Giant Food Stores either. Looks like another trip to Border's is in order. :D When I find it -- I am picking up two copies. ;) That way I can get the driver's autograph .... then the owner's. :rofl:

mrjones
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
They don't show the article or any of the pictures online, but this page

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/toc/thismonth/

mentions Mike and Barbara's name and the article.

Breadfan
06-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I got 2 copies at Barnes and Noble over the weekend. I have a spare if anyone needs it. It's a great article!

Bluerauder
07-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Picked up my two copies today at Borders. :D Great article and pics. :up: Terrific 6" x 10" pic of the car in the Table of Contents on the feature articles, too !!! George says "Cool". :coolman: