PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup...

Big Joe P
06-20-2006, 01:35 PM
We had the pleasure of attending the game last night, although we wanted Edmonton to win. We were in the 5th row, and it was quite an experience...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93 53&d=1150835650

MarauderMark
06-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah it sure was a good series.Thought edmonton was gonna come back and take it.either way it was a great game:up:

fastblackmerc
06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
!!!!!!! GO CANES !!!!!!!!!

Great series!

It was the Canes destiny to win the cup this year!

94_302
06-20-2006, 02:49 PM
I wanted Edmonton to win but after Roloson got injured I didnt think they could. Although they really came back. I don't see why that was not a penalty shot at the end of the first period. I was at a sports bar and couldnt hear anything, but it looked like it should have been. Either way I'm glad it was a 7 game series, more hockey to watch. :D

Dr Caleb
06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
What a fantastic game. Game 7, and lose by 1 goal. The one the Canes got, and the one stolen from Fernando Pisani (good Ukranian boy there!) by Wade ;)

I don't see why that was not a penalty shot at the end of the first period.

Where the player was in the goal? There was a high sticking penalty against Edmonton at the other end, but the first Edmonton player to touch it was at the far end, so anything that happened after didn't count. Including the player covering the puck in the crease. They went upstaris for a ruling on that.

It's kind of a good thing for the city that Edmonton didn't win. The mood here was electric, and it could have been the fall of civilization again. Burning cars in the streets . . .

I don't get todays fans. When I was younger, and Edmonton won it's first - fifth cups, all that happened was a lot of drinking, hooting and hollering. then a rise in the birth rate come March. Now, it's smashing windows, burning whatever is flammable in the streets . . .

Whatever. Congrats Canes! Excellent series.

MarauderMark
06-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Either way I'm glad it was a 7 game series, more hockey to watch. :D
Great minds think alike:up:

mr.continental
06-20-2006, 03:36 PM
This series, and this years playoffs in general, kind of helped make up for the lost season.

IMHO, you just can't beat great hockey.

Logan
06-20-2006, 05:21 PM
What a blast that series was!! Absolutely reminds me of Oilers 1-5... I remember being in Edmonton during the glory years, what a blast...

Disappointed Edmonton lost, but the cane's SO deserved the win...

bigslim
06-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Altough the Red wings did not win it there is still a strong connection with Detroit seeing that the owner of winning team lives here. Just another way of getting the cup to our city.

rayjay
06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I got really interested in the Stanley Cup when the Sabres made it and did so well. Missed last nights game :( Must have been great. Buffalo will be back next year! Congrats to Carolina on a great run!

de minimus
06-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Well I'm in mourning. But congratulations Carolina, it was a well fought series and an excellent one. Next year for the Oil!

Grifter
06-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I wanted Edmonton to win but after Roloson got injured I didnt think they could. Although they really came back. I don't see why that was not a penalty shot at the end of the first period. I was at a sports bar and couldnt hear anything, but it looked like it should have been. Either way I'm glad it was a 7 game series, more hockey to watch. :D

Man, I am so glad we got rid of Roloson. I would have been happy if all we got in trade was a hunk of Swiss Cheese and a broken Sherwood hokey stick..

It was a good series though. I actually was rooting for Edmonton to win after they made a nice comback from 3-1 down. I like seeing teams make a nice comeback like that.

JMan
06-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Awesome series! In fact, the entire playoff menagerie was incredible. The dark horses came to play for Lord Stanley this year. I was pulling for the Sabres and the Oilers from the beginning. Knew the Lightning didn't have a chance this year and boy did the Senators have their number. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the #1 seeds crumble. With all the momentum the Habs' had in March, I suspected they'd run away with the cup - NOT! Great skating, great coaching and even the refereeing (Is that a word?)was great this year. Oh well, can't wait 'til October!

Congrats to the 'Canes and their fans - very deserved win!:beer:

J