PDA

View Full Version : Reverse osmosis and Water softener

DefyantExWife
06-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Who, besides Culligan, is a good manufacturer of such things?

I wanted to choke the Culligan Man who was just here. sunova....:mad:

Smokie
06-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Sears offers both Reverse Osmosis and Water treatment, offers the product, installation and service, info at sears.com.

DefyantExWife
06-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Sears ! Wouldnt have thought of that. Thanks !

Smokie
06-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Sears ! Wouldnt have thought of that. Thanks !

You are welcome, just do a search once at website for reverse osmosis, it will take you to water treatment, good luck.:)

Bluerauder
06-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Who, besides Culligan, is a good manufacturer of such things?
The U.S. Army has 600, 1500, and 3000 gallon per hour Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Units (ROWPU). :rolleyes: That oughta meet your needs. :D

Not sure why you are looking at reverse osmosis. That is a pretty pricey system for use where your source water is brackish or saline. If your source is pretty clean to start with (i.e. a fresh water or ground water source), you can probably get by with a filtration and chlorination system. RO uses extremely high pressures to "squeeze" water molecules through a membrane material so that only H2O molecules make it through. It is essentially pure water but I suspect the membranes are expensive to replace. Also, depending on the quality of your source water, RO units return about 2/3 of water processed as waste. So, to get 1 gallon of water you'ld be sending back 2 gallons of waste water. If you are on a septic system, this may be an issue.

Just MHO for what it is worth. :D

DefyantExWife
06-21-2006, 08:42 AM
We have high nitrates, which is, as you probably know, farm waste and/or pesticides and or... just plain gross stuff.

We get Culligan 5 gal water bottles delivered every month, and the Culligan Dope told me this would also enable us to stop getting the bottle delivery. Obviously we dont drink the tap, but our dopey dog and cat do and I've actually used it to cook and stuff. :shake:

DefyantExWife
06-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Well I've been to Sears' site and the prices are far more reasonable, even installed. Only difference is I have to bring a water sample to THEM. But I will do it. I also have Ecowater guy coming tonight, thanks to a google search.

magindat
06-21-2006, 08:45 AM
GE makes 'em, too. Available thru home depot. I like the GE's better than the sears.

(Yes, general electric)

DefyantExWife
06-21-2006, 08:55 AM
GE at Home Depot ? Well... 'magin dat :rolleyes:

thanks I'll look into that too. :D

Cheeseheadbob
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Lisa, are you sure Charlie does not drink it. He acts kinda goofey sometimes...:rolleyes:
Obviously we dont drink the tap, but our dopey dog and cat do and I've actually used it to cook and stuff. :shake:

Smokie
06-21-2006, 11:09 AM
GE makes 'em, too. Available thru home depot. I like the GE's better than the sears.

(Yes, general electric)

That's funny, guess who makes the Kenmore units for Sears....you get only one guess.:D

Haggis
06-21-2006, 11:26 AM
That's funny, guess who makes the Kenmore units for Sears....you get only one guess.:D
:hmmm: GE?

Smokie
06-21-2006, 03:30 PM
:hmmm: GE?

Gordon you are a genius!!! You win a cookie for being right.:banana2: :banana: :lol: