PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford Weekend Live Broadcast, Fri, Sat, And Sun.

TheDealer
06-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Fun Ford Weekend TV
Webcast schedule
Friday 6 pm - 8 pm
Saturday 11 am - 6 pm
Sunday 10 am - Finish
CLICK HERE,YOURWAYNETWORK (http://www.yourwaynetwork.com/index1.htm)

merc
06-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Watch for the Car Hog during True Street Saturday. :banana2:

Breadfan
06-23-2006, 10:39 AM

Best of luck! I'll try to pop on from time to time, don't think I'll make it down to Richmond though. If things change I may come down...

Anyway, I'm on for July 1st at Mason-Dixon, the NVMC t&t.

merc
06-23-2006, 08:58 PM
All dressed up and nowhere to go. This is going to be a rainy weekend. :mad2:

TheDealer
06-24-2006, 07:24 AM
We Are Live Now!!!!!!!!!!

martyo
06-24-2006, 07:33 AM
We Are Live Now!!!!!!!!!!

I am seeing a feed from Ontario. I thought you were in Richmond? :confused:

DEFYANT
06-24-2006, 07:35 AM

You forget that the media does not show pics of our cars. Even if you take the #1 spot, they probably over look you. :mad:

martyo
06-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I am seeing a feed from Ontario. I thought you were in Richmond? :confused:

Never mind, I found the link!

Looks wet?

martyo
06-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Never mind, I found the link!

Looks wet?

Cool! I an sit here in my boxers and enjoy some live drag racing!

By the way, they should put mics at all the camera locations. It seems like the cars are shutting down early when you can't hear them blasting all the way down the strip.

DEFYANT
06-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Cool! I an sit here in my boxers and enjoy some live drag racing!

By the way, they should put mics at all the camera locations. It seems like the cars are shutting down early when you can't hear them blasting all the way down the strip.

...but you can clearly hear the music and commercials. Did you hear the one about SHM engines: :puke: :flamer: .

martyo
06-24-2006, 07:53 AM
...but you can clearly hear the music and commercials. Did you hear the one about SHM engines: :puke: :flamer: .

I was thinking the same thing! :D

merc
06-24-2006, 06:11 PM
No Rain today at the track and I gave them hell in Richmond. Details in the next couple of days.

martyo
06-24-2006, 07:22 PM
No Rain today at the track and I gave them hell in Richmond. Details in the next couple of days.

C'mon Mark, don;t leave me like that.....

Breadfan
06-25-2006, 06:55 PM
C'mon Mark, don;t leave me like that.....

^^^ What he said. Looking foward to hearing the results!

merc
06-26-2006, 09:12 AM
To start, this was a very odd weather weekend for the Washington Metro area, but thankfully I was in Petersburg VA. Friday, the opening day of FFW Richmond was a total wash. Saturday morning the threat of rain showers loomed all day. Test -n-Tune started on time and I ran a 14.12 on street radials. Not a very good time for my car, so I made some adjustments. I left the track after the first run and returned to my hotel a couple of miles down the road. Then I removed the Nitto 555’s and but on the BFG Drag radials because of the humidity on the track. As I returned to the track I found out one of my friends from the Northern Virginia Mustang Club put his car into the concrete wall and needed a flat bed home. He was driving a 06 blue Mustang that suffered major front-end damage. On my second test round I was able to reduce my E/T to a 13.90. The high humidity was killing the car and track conditions didn’t improve till later that evening.

The first round of qualifications I went up against one of JDM’s tough trucks with a dail-in of 12.31. Jim D’Amore (Owner of JDM) was adding the final adjustments to this Truck in the staging lanes. I new this truck was going to be the real deal and I need to bring my A game. I was not focused at the light a turned a .335 bulb compared to his .098. But he gave the difference back at the end of the track by running a 12.550. Needless to say he won by .038 seconds. After the race Jim D’Amore congratulated me on a good run.

I used a buy back to get into the second round. It was a few hours before the beginning of the second round. I used this time to make a few minor software adjustments before staging. I changed my dial-in to a 13.80 based on weather temps. In the second round everything felt good. I cut a .032 bulb and the car was tracking pretty well. According to the speedometer and tack I was going to break out. So I let off the gas and taped the brakes, but I need more. I broke out with a 13.78 at 96.50 M.P.H. That ended the event for me Saturday.

Sunday was a different story I cleaned the car and entered the car show. Lot’s of very cool cars were entered into the judge competition. At the end of the day I was awarded for Best Mercury and Peoples Choice I will upload pictures of the event later. I need sleep, this was a long weekend.

TheDealer
06-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Congrats On The Car Show Win!!!!!

merc
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Congrats On The Car Show Win!!!!!

Thanks Ray

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/ffwrichmond2006.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/PeoplesAward.jpg