PDA

View Full Version : Just have to vent about the local FOMOCO dealers!

juno
06-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Well no offense meant to anyone anywhere else, but I was calling around looking for the cam locking and positioning tools for our cars. Two WPB dealers insisted they do not carry or sell any tools for any part of any car. T
I had to argue with these guys just to get them to look up a Ford part number that I gave them for the tool. Of course none of them would even admit they were mistaken afterwards, nor could they get the tool in less then 5-7 days. If I had any hair left I would have pulled it out.

Okay, rant over.

Breadfan
06-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Maybe PM Ray "The Dealer" here on the boards?

BAD MERC
06-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Ask CarFixer, he is a Master FLM technician and the ONLY man alive I trust with my Marauder!!

juno
06-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys, yes carfixer and Ray are both excellent resources. I had to try the local guys first though!

jefferson-mo
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
No offense taken...................but... .........................

we don't order tools or have catalogs for the Ford tools.............

which are not Ford tools................

They're made by OTC and sold or disrtibuted through Ford's 'Rotunda" name
which is through the Service Dept not Parts..........

What you need is a Service Manager that'll work with you(which'll be tough)

also 5-7 days sounds quick for this type of stuff..........

Parts I can get.........and tell you in an instant if I have it or not......and tell you in a very short time exactly where it comes from and how long.......

If you called me out of the blue I'd probably transfer you to the Service Manager and then that'd get screwed up somehow and you be pissed off at all of us.............

It's just that Ford makes it tough to sell tools to the public(almost like they don't want to do it)

JMan
06-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Juno,
Try this -
http://www.otctools.com/products/detail.php?id=1703

J