PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed

carfixer
06-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Our Wednesday started to look like a really good day. I took the day off to relax and spend some time with my 4 year old son while my 7 year old boy was at baseball camp. My wife Paula had to work, but that's ok, she has the rest of the week off.

For about a week, Paula had noticed some redness on her feet and legs and some easy bruising. Tuesday, the doctor she works for sent her for a blood test as part of a workup. Wednesday morning, she decided to be the first patient at the lab for her blood draw before going to work so she wouldn't be late. It worked out great, she was first in line and got to work on time.

Mid afternoon the lab called the office. Paula answered the phone and they asked to talk to the doctor regarding the results from her tests. She sent the call to her doc.

No one can prepare themselves for the news she was about to receive. The blood tests revealed a form leukemia and her platelet count was near zero. Her doctor called in some favors and got Paula in immediately with the best Oncologist team in the area. She was admitted to the hospital immediatly and received a bone marrow biopsy first thing Thursday morning. Friday morning we got the results: acute lymphocytic leukemia. This evening they surgically installed a port in an artery in her chest and have started chemotherapy immediately. They say she will be hospitalized for a month or so. Her spirits are good and those that know her know that she is a strong person. She will beat this. She has the best team of doctors working on her and we have faith that they will cure her.

Please pray for Paula, her boys need her... all 3 of us.

PhastPhil
06-23-2006, 09:57 PM
We will be praying for her and for you and the rest of your family.

DEFYANT
06-23-2006, 10:00 PM
I do not pray often.

You and your family have all that I am worth in prayer. God hear me!

All the best!

teamrope
06-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Consider it done Claude. All 4 of you are in our prayers.

pantheroc
06-23-2006, 10:06 PM
You and your family will be in our prayers.....

the_pack_rat
06-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Consider it done my friend.

txkent
06-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Carfixer, My heart goes out to you. Your family is in my prayers.

BADMERC
06-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Thinking of you Claude and your family!!! Please stay strong my friend.

bigslim
06-23-2006, 11:35 PM
My prayers to all of you Claude.

Breadfan
06-23-2006, 11:43 PM
You got it, and consider it done. Claude, I wish you, Paula, and the entire family the best...you and your family are in my prayers.

Lowell
06-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Claude, Charlie and I wish you all the best. Our hearts are with you and yours.

JMan
06-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Man,
I hate these stories! You can count on the prayer regimen from the gallery here. Modern medicine is marvelous, thank God! You're going to have some tough days ahead. Stay strong for Paula and the boys. They are going to need you big! I'm not close enough for physical support, but will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us up to date.

God Bless you all,

J

jimlam56
06-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Good luck, your wife sounds like a strong person.
I wish you all the best.
Jim

O's Fan Rich
06-24-2006, 03:34 AM
Ok Claude, you got it.
This thing can be beat and with your support she'll knock it down.
Best to all. Give the boys a hug.

MM2004
06-24-2006, 03:59 AM
Claude,

Prayers from Louisville are on their way.

I know of 2 people that have had this, and came out enjoying life for many, many years after.

Paula will be the third.

Mike.

RoyLPita
06-24-2006, 04:29 AM
I will be praying for you and your family.

Bluerauder
06-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Paula, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong my friend. Glad that they were able to diagnose the problem quickly and get her into treatment. With your help and God's, she will lick this thing. Here's hoping for a full recovery.

Smokie
06-24-2006, 04:47 AM
Claude have faith, be strong. I will call you.

Bootlegger
06-24-2006, 04:59 AM
All of our thoughts and prayers Claude. We live close, anything you need is just a phone call away. I'll keep in touch.

TAF
06-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Claude,

Paula, you and the boys are now on my daily prayer list. Thanks for sharing what I can imagine is a trying situation. I can attest to the power of prayer...and to the power of the prayers from several here who've helped with a situation near to me a couple years ago. You reached out to a good group here.

BAD MERC
06-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Claude and Paula - as a neighbor, you have made me a part of your family and done SO much personally for me. Consider this request DONE and always remember that no matter what you need - when you need it, just ask and you shall receive!! Best wishes all of you. -Kenny

67435animal
06-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Claude, what terrible news. My prayers for you and your family.

Bob

MM03MOK
06-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve Paula, and give your power of healing to those who minister to her needs, that she may be strengthened in her weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Claude, Paula and the Boys....you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Though many of us are far away, know that your extended Family here is only a thought or a phone call away. Hugs to Paula.

Mary

jstevens
06-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Dear Claude and Paula,
Thank you for sharing your concerning news with us. I feel your concern and sincerely hope for the best to come out of this situation.

I only met you once Claude but know that you are a stand up person and hope that only the best will come to you.

I will ask the angels for a little extra for you and your boys as I know how precious life is.

Hotrauder
06-24-2006, 05:33 AM
Claude, You know that Penny and I are here for what ever you guys need. Paula, you and the boys are in our prayers. You tell "MOM" we are expecting her "vacation" to be short. Do you need help with the boys? I mean anything we can do we will. Paula, get well soon! Dennis

ghost03
06-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Its never easy to deal with such bad new , but I know that Paula yourself and the kids are a strong group. I will keep your entire family in my prayers for her speedy recovery. I know that I live across the state but if there is ANYTHING I can do for any of you just let me know You have my #

Rick-n-Miami
06-24-2006, 05:52 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, Claude. Paula and your family will be in my prayers. Paula is a very strong gal, I'm sure she'll beat this hard and quick!

If there is anyway I can help or if you need anything, let me know.

Get well soon, Paula!

Cobra25
06-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Claude You and your family are in our thoughts and our Prayers. If you should need anything let us know. God Bless .

sailsmen
06-24-2006, 06:12 AM
We pray for Paula.

MI2QWK4U
06-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Claude, It hurt to read that. I am really sorry your family has to endure this, but with the support and love from your friends and family, it will have a great outcome. All the best to yours from my family. Take care....God Bless.

martyo
06-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Paul: My fsmily and I will be praying for your family and your wife. Please keep us all posted and let us know if we can be of any help.

TheDealer
06-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Prayers sent!!!!

Brutus
06-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I am very sorry to hear this. You all will be in my prayers.

jgc61sr2002
06-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Claude - Praying for your wife and family. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

MaLo03
06-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks for including us Claude. You know you guys are family to me. I feel for you and yours. Stay strong. My family and home is here for you. I'll be calling on you. Tell Paula we thinking about her and love her.
Your friend....Eggie

fastblackmerc
06-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear such bad news. Your family is in our prayers.

SergntMac
06-24-2006, 09:29 AM
May the Lord bless Paula and her boys.

sailsmen
06-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Both my parents are cancer survivors and lead active lives.

juno
06-24-2006, 10:14 AM
I was shocked to read this thread. Claude, you Paula and your son are in my prayers.

DEW34
06-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Claude i dont know what to say , but Karen and my self will keep Paula you and the boys in a prayers , you have the number if yo uneed any thing
mike

HwyCruiser
06-24-2006, 01:51 PM
You got it Claude. Take care of your wife and sons, they most definitely will need you for strength during these trying times.

MyTMerc
06-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Claude,
Your story was deeply personal to me having lived this with my sister. She was diagonosed at 38 with two young children. Our prayers are with you, Paula and the boys.

As a result of my brother-in-law's efforts and many others, there is now an extensive database of bone marrow donors that was in it's infancy then. Sibling's are usually the best bet. I am in the donor database along with most of my family.

Treatment can be a long process but this can be beat. If there is anything we can do, just let us know. All the best!
Shaun & Diane

FastMerc
06-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Prayers are sent very sorry to hear that news.

sweetair
06-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Claude, Just read this thread. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I too don't pray often, but will say a few for Paula and the boys. I hope this gets behind you all as quickly possible.

SMOKE
06-24-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm nowhere near...but reading this thread I just have to say on behalf of my wife & I you and yours are in our thoughts tonite...be strong....

BLK03MMFL
06-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Claude,

You all are in my prayers. If you need anything at all please just call.

Christy

chicago_cop
06-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Our Wednesday started to look like a really good day. I took the day off to relax and spend some time with my 4 year old son while my 7 year old boy was at baseball camp. My wife Paula had to work, but that's ok, she has the rest of the week off.

For about a week, Paula had noticed some redness on her feet and legs and some easy bruising. Tuesday, the doctor she works for sent her for a blood test as part of a workup. Wednesday morning, she decided to be the first patient at the lab for her blood draw before going to work so she wouldn't be late. It worked out great, she was first in line and got to work on time.

Mid afternoon the lab called the office. Paula answered the phone and they asked to talk to the doctor regarding the results from her tests. She sent the call to her doc.

No one can prepare themselves for the news she was about to receive. The blood tests revealed a form leukemia and her platelet count was near zero. Her doctor called in some favors and got Paula in immediately with the best Oncologist team in the area. She was admitted to the hospital immediatly and received a bone marrow biopsy first thing Thursday morning. Friday morning we got the results: acute lymphocytic leukemia. This evening they surgically installed a port in an artery in her chest and have started chemotherapy immediately. They say she will be hospitalized for a month or so. Her spirits are good and those that know her know that she is a strong person. She will beat this. She has the best team of doctors working on her and we have faith that they will cure her.

We have been praying for her. What Hospital is she in. Would like to visit her. Ed.

MIDNITEMARAUDER
06-24-2006, 06:27 PM
MY prayers are with you and your family.

Zack
06-24-2006, 06:29 PM
My best to all of you. Hang in there.

Tallboy
06-24-2006, 06:44 PM
She will remain in my prayers. I'll see you very soon...

MikesMerc
06-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Its heartbreaking to hear of such news. Your family is in our prayers. May God cast a healing hand upon Paula and she finds her way to a blessed recovery.

AzMarauder
06-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Claude,

We will be praying for your family! Folks that live here often call Southeastern Arizona "God's Country". If that is so, then perhaps the prayers are a local call and will get through quicker !

snowbird
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Outch. My best for your wife and family on this.

Pat
06-25-2006, 01:07 AM
Claude;

My family is saddened to learn of Paula's illness. My Sunday School class will be on it's knees tomorrow beseeching the Lord on your families behalf.

I'm sure you've done a Google on this leukemia, but here is a site that answers many questions about the causes, treatments and prognosis.
www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/_ (http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/_)

Pat

Bradley G
06-25-2006, 06:50 AM
Claude,
This is a tough blow.
I can holeheartedly relate to your delima, as My Nancy has just two Chemo Treatments left.
Hug her, love her, spoiler her.
Best news , that she is in good hands with the excellent doctors.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Paula and your three boys.
Hang tough, the next few months are not easy.
Again, Love and prayers to your precious, Paula!

kj31067
06-25-2006, 09:47 AM
my best to you and your family

Hack Goby
06-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Claude,May god be with you in these trying times.My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

captJ696
06-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Claude, my most sincere prayers are sent your way. KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS...Be there for Paula and the boys

Logan
06-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Sorry to hear this, prayers all the way 'round from TX...

94_302
06-25-2006, 07:12 PM
You and your family are in my prayers.

carfixer
06-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Paula has a laptop computer with wireless internet in her room. She has read every post and PM. We are both very touched and blessed. We have a large support group from all over the country, just from this site. We would like to thank each and everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

We have decorated her room with a Hawaiin theme. She has a palm tree and lays decorating her room. Her bubbly personality has kept everone's spirits high. She tells her visitors that she is on a Hawaiin vacation.

It is the prayers and well wishes that have kept her spirits high. She knows that she will beat thing and life will become normal again.

Thanks again...
Claude and the boys.

Marauderman
06-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Just saw this this morning--have been working on other things --sorry to hear about Paula --but it seems alot of prayers are coming your way and want to extend mine as well---keep us posted.......Tom

Hotrauder
06-26-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey, Sweetpea. You go girl. We can all help Claude and your other 2 boys. He won't ask or let us know what he might need but you know, so; let us know, huh? Penny and I send our love. We know that you are the best thing that Hospital has going for it. You will have it straightened out and JUMPING very soon. We also know that you are going to kick this thing in the azz and are praying that you are home soon. Onward and Upward. We love you. Penny and Dennis:2thumbs: :lovies: :hug2:

Haggis
06-26-2006, 04:47 AM
Claude,

Paula, the boys and you are in our prayers. We will pray for a quick and complete recovery. Be strong Claude and Paula and keep faith, all will work out in the end. May the blessings of the LORD be with you.

Gordon & Chris

MM03MOK
06-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Paula has a laptop computer with wireless internet in her room. She has read every post and PM. Morning, Paula! If you don't have a screen name here, be sure to sign up for one. Positive thoughts and prayers continue to flow your way!

:bunny:

seans
06-26-2006, 05:43 AM
Prayers sent. God bless you and your family.

LordVader
06-26-2006, 09:03 AM
:( Claude,

This is a done deal. We hope your wife will have a quick and painless recovery. It sounds like it was fortunate she worked in the field and people were able to look after her so quickly. Best of luck to all.

magindat
06-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Claude,
Not sure what to say...
I hope you and your fam can make it through.
Best wishes.
Check your PM's.
Rich

Bluerauder
06-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Paula has a laptop computer with wireless internet in her room. .......... We have decorated her room with a Hawaiin theme.
Wow, with accomodations like that the care has to be top notch. :up: Keeping the thoughts and prayers rolling at this end !! :)

Marauder2005
06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
My thoughts are with all of you. She will be well sooner then you think.

1 Bad Merc
06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Carfixer,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time. Hang in their as I am sure things will work out for you.

God bless you and your family.

Brad Linthicum

2003 MIB
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Get Well Soon Paula!! Please keep us posted, Claude.
All our prayers and good wishes,
Dan, Coli and the kids.

Bobby Clobber
06-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Claude,

Only met you that one time this April at Bradenton, but I knew I was in some great company. This is no doubt a tough one, but I sense your wife , you and your boys will pull through. Best wishes from both Helen and I for a quick and lasting recovery , stay strong.

Bob.

Mike M
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
This experience will bond both of you more then you ever thought. After she recovers. life will be sweeter then ever.
It's good she got a chest port, after my wife had one of those installed it made all the chemo and blood work a breeze as far as getting pricked.
Feel Better Soon!
Mike

MarauderTJA
06-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Claude,

Just found out about your post Sunday morning at the MV IV meeting. I was totally shocked and devestated at the news. Claude, if there is ANYTHING I can do for you in any regard, PLEASE do not hestiate to call me.

Paula, my prayers and thoughts are with you:hug: . Your a fighter (hey you put up with Claude). Take care and get well.

TOM

SilverStreak
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
We're with you my friend. Have your wife lean on the guy next to her. He's there even though she can't see him. Faith my friend.
Darrell

MAD-3R
06-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Keep those Spirets high and do your best to have a smile and a laugh a day. I'm sure there will be days that you won't want to, but it will help.

Try this for a on.http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

Blackmobile
06-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Claude,
You, Paula, and the kids are in our prayers.

Haggis
06-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Keep those Spirets high and do your best to have a smile and a laugh a day. I'm sure there will be days that you won't want to, but it will help.

Try this for a on.http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php
That is definitely different. Are you off your medication again? :nono:

MarauderMike
06-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers are on my mind for Paula and the family my friend. All will be well again.

MENINBLK
06-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Carfixer,

Your post has definitely taken me by surprise.
Bad news never finds an easy way into someone's life.

Your family will be in my prayers until Paula is whole again.
I'll be lighting some candles for you guys.

carfixer
07-31-2006, 04:22 PM
First I would like to send out a thank you for all the prayers and support. We are blessed to be part of such a great group of people.

Paula is doing much better. The "induction" round of chemotherapy they gave her put her into remission. She now has to go through "consolidation" treatments of chemo. This will go on for a few months or so but won't be as big a dose as the first round and the side effect not as bad. They will be done as an outpatient.

She was released from the hospital last Monday (7/24) after a little over a month in the hospital. They had to re-admit her on Friday because of complications she had from a spinal tap she got before they released her on Monday. She should come home again in a day or 2.

The boys and I are doing good. We miss her to pieces but we eat well and manage to go visit Paula almost daily. We've had a lot of help from Paula's parents, my sister, who flew in from MA, and our friends. They babysit, help with meals and laundry, which allows me to work. They have stuffed the freezer with pre-made meals, just have to heat em up and serve! I can really appreciate how difficult a single parent has it sometimes. I never realized how much she does for us.

I am really looking forward to her coming home for good and for August 8, first day of school!!!!!

MM03MOK
07-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the update, Claude.

Hi Paula! :wave: You're still in my thoughts and prayers!

2003DOHC
07-31-2006, 04:31 PM
That is excellent news,will keep praying for a full recovery. Wow school starts August 8th? Seems early never started before labor day way back when!!:D

MarauderTJA
07-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Good news Claude. I hope that she comes home soon. Please give Paula my best.

04MRADR
07-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey Claude! I know what you are going through. I've had a lot of illness in my own family the past few years. Ever since I read about your wife your loved one has been in my prayers. Here's an idea for all the club members. Why not every club member say a couple prayers a day and tell God they are to help all the club members and their loved ones who are ill. There are thousands of people who go on this site and if they just said a Hail Mary or Our Father that's a couple thousand prayers a day. Or even if they make up their own prayer its okay. God will still listen. Good to see your Paula is coming home. The best medicine is being home with your family and she'll start feeling ever better still once she's home.

TAF
07-31-2006, 04:43 PM
EXCELLENT news Claude...Paula, you and your boys continue to be on my prayer list every morning...glad to see/hear once again of the power of His answer to fervent prayers.

djv5150
07-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Claude,from my family to yours, you have our prayers. tell Paula I look forward to our next picnic picture together. It is tradition.
David

jim geary
07-31-2006, 04:51 PM
That's great news Claude. May our lord and savior Jesus Christ continue to
watch over you and continue to bless you both.

jgc61sr2002
07-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Claude - Thats great news.:D

Blackmobile
07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
With all the bad news we hear on TV it's great to hear good news for a change. Sometimes it's hard to remember that life, love, and friendship is a gift, and a loving family is a blessing. Here's wishing you and yours all the best!

Steve_NC
07-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Prayers and blessings to you both. Take some time to enjoy the things you love the most. God Bless.

Cobra25
07-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the up date. It's good to hear she's in remission and she's coming back home. My Family sends their Blessing's to all of you and Paula will be in our prayers .

ghost03
07-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Thats good to hear Claude. Im sure you are thrilled. I still have you all in my prayers every day and I will always continue to pray for all of you even after Paula comes home. Please send her my best and I hope you are all doing good.

JMan
07-31-2006, 05:46 PM
With God's Blessings and all your will, this will someday be a distant memory! I'm elated to hear the good prognosis. Keep that spirit up and know we're all thinking of you!

Many wishes for a quick and complete recovery!

Jake

Smokie
07-31-2006, 05:58 PM
We kid around about our wives sometimes but a good wife is a treasure, I'm glad that our prayers have helped and hope you have Paula back home where she belongs with you and the boys. God bless you all my friend.

DEFYANT
07-31-2006, 06:11 PM
What they ^^^ all said.

I'm happy to hear the good news. :D

Bluerauder
07-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Paula is doing much better. .... She should come home again in a day or 2.
This is great news !! I'm sure that Paula is looking forward to getting back home as soon as possible. Will keep praying for complete remission and a full recovery. Sounds like you have a terrific support network of family and friends to help keep everything running as smoothly as possible.

sweetair
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Here's one more; keep up the good work. Our family wishes your family peace and health.

Breadfan
07-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Wow, that's some great news!! :) I continue to wish you're family the utmost best and keep them in my thoughts and prayers - and thank you very much for the good news update!

Mrsteamrope
07-31-2006, 08:40 PM
That is awesome news to hear. Thanks for keeping us posted. :)

martyo
08-01-2006, 03:17 AM
Great news Claude!

juno
08-01-2006, 04:50 AM
That is grea news! Here's to continued good news!!!

Haggis
08-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Our continued prayers for Paula, you and the boys.

RoyLPita
08-01-2006, 05:59 AM
My prayer to you and your family continue until this is all over.

BLK03MMFL
08-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the update. That is great news. Your family is still in my prayers.

SergntMac
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Like others here I am sure, I peeked in here from time to time, watching the break between 6-28 and your post with updates on 7-31 grow wider. To me, this was a good break.

Having nothing much to add myself other my continued prayers, I thought "no news is good news", and decided to let Paula get her rest. "Out of sight is out of mind" can often alllow things to fall by the wayside, but this is not the case here, not now, not with us and not today.

Thank you for the update and good news, Claude, and know that even when not spoken of, our collective prayers continue, and will continue.

Bravo, Paula! You go Girl!

GAMike
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Prayer, and much positive thought be with your wife and you guys during this tough time Claude. Thats as good medicine as anything. Stay Positive, and we will up here in GA Too.

Regards,

sfsv
10-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Claude, I haven't been on the board much, neither at SSM activities. But I will definitely keep Paula and your family in my prayers. Read the 23 and 100 Psalms to get you through these rough times.