PDA

View Full Version : Warning for Florida MM owners...

GreekGod
06-24-2006, 04:50 PM
The Florida Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen, golfers and tourist in general to take extra precautions and keep alert for alligators while in: Alachua, Marion, Lake, Collier, Lee, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Brevard, Putnam and Orange counties.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their shoes or clothing to alert but not startle the alligators unexpectedly. They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with an alligator.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of alligator activity. People should learn to recognize the difference between small young alligator and large adult alligator droppings.

Young alligator droppings are smaller and contain fish bones and possibly bird feathers.

Adult alligator droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper spray.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>
<O:P> </O:P>

jimlam56
06-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I say :bs: .
As a native, I've lived with gators all my life. Best way they are is lightly battered and fried. (touch of pepper)
Y'all come down for some...:D
You just have to be smarter than the gator...are you?
Most tourists aren't.

teamrope
06-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Young alligator droppings are smaller and contain fish bones and possibly bird feathers.

Adult alligator droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper spray.

I wonder why? :confused: :)

Smokie
06-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Why must yu'all always have to bad mouth my little leezard.:confused: :(

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50 51&d=1102966136

sailsmen
06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I had a small one grab hold of my redfish in Venice, LA. He did not want to let go.

When he got close to the boat he let go. Amazingly there was no damage to the redfish.

The guide had an understudy onboard. He was slapping his hand on the water to get the alligator near the boat.I asked him to stop and he asked why he is too little to hurt us. I said i's not him but his big brother on the other side of the boat that I am worried about. That guide took his hand out the water real quick!

The biggest problem is all the morons that feed them.

sweetair
06-24-2006, 07:16 PM
The Florida Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen, golfers and tourist in general to take extra precautions and keep alert for alligators while in: Alachua, Marion, Lake, Collier, Lee, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Brevard, Putnam and Orange counties.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their shoes or clothing to alert but not startle the alligators unexpectedly. They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with an alligator.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of alligator activity. People should learn to recognize the difference between small young alligator and large adult alligator droppings.

Adult alligator droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper spray.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>That was very funny. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Very much enjoyed.

merc6
06-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Why must yu'all always have to bad mouth my little leezard.:confused: :(

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50 51&d=1102966136What the deuce! Is that a white tail?

fastblackmerc
06-25-2006, 04:10 AM
What the deuce! Is that a white tail?
Not any more!

seans
06-26-2006, 05:52 AM
[quote=Smokie]Why must yu'all always have to bad mouth my little leezard.:confused: :(

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50 51&d=1102966136Now Now that they alligator has saved the poor deer from drowning, how does he manage to do the mouth to mouth stuff.