PDA

View Full Version : Going to Indy for F1 USGP 06/29 - 07/02

MMM2003
06-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey:

Coming back to the holy grounds of MVII we attended. The wife and I will be arriving Wednesday night and stay until Sunday after the race at IMS.

Go Michael Schumacher!

Just wondering if anyone else might be attending or interested in a little meet'n'greet?

C ya,

Peter aka MMM2003
Cell# 608-215-4742

JMan
06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm not going, but I sure am envious. Those are the most incredible machines on earth. Accelerate like a dragster, G-forces like a fighter, brakes like nothing else. Enjoy the weekend!

J

cyclone03
06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Have you been before?

If not, don't mis open(may be called free ) practice on (early)Friday.
Walk around the track.
Walk S L O W L Y across the back stretch bridge while the F1 cars are running,note the faster/best set-up cars are still on the gas under the bridge,then note the brake markers on side of the track are in meters and the bridge is between the "100" and "200" boards!
You have to keep moving on the bridge because the track natzis will yell at you if you don't,nothing says you cant walk back and forth though.

Find time to check out turn 1 area,but you can't get that close.

Spend some time on the hills in the infield(after back stretch) again the cars that are set-up well get through there very well.

Don't mis final qaulifing on Saturday,find a seat near the pit in/turn 13(Indy turn 1) exit what happens in the pits is a show in itself.

I went the first year and had seats above T13(would have been killer seats for the 500)not bad but a road course, for me ,has to be walked to be enjoyed.
Have fun,wear comfortable shoes....

jdando
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Wish I could be there.

GO KIMI GO:banana2:

jeremy

MMM2003
06-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Have you been before?

If not, don't mis open(may be called free ) practice on (early)Friday.
Walk around the track.
Walk S L O W L Y across the back stretch bridge while the F1 cars are running,note the faster/best set-up cars are still on the gas under the bridge,then note the brake markers on side of the track are in meters and the bridge is between the "100" and "200" boards!
You have to keep moving on the bridge because the track natzis will yell at you if you don't,nothing says you cant walk back and forth though.

Find time to check out turn 1 area,but you can't get that close.

Spend some time on the hills in the infield(after back stretch) again the cars that are set-up well get through there very well.

Don't mis final qaulifing on Saturday,find a seat near the pit in/turn 13(Indy turn 1) exit what happens in the pits is a show in itself.

I went the first year and had seats above T13(would have been killer seats for the 500)not bad but a road course, for me ,has to be walked to be enjoyed.
Have fun,wear comfortable shoes....

Hey:

Thanks for the pointers. I went there 4 or 5 years ago, but only for Sat & Sun. Taking the wife. It's her first F1 race. I'll besure to take her to all those spots.

Thanks,

Peter

MMM2003
06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Wish I could be there.

GO KIMI GO:banana2:

jeremy

Hey, Jeremy:

I'll drink a beer and eat some Brats for you! Tickets for the three day event are only $60 (including the Thursday pit walk & party).

Kimi is good, but I gotta cheer for my man Michael!

Thanks,

Peter