PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Comcast "Customer Service"....

TAF
06-27-2006, 05:47 AM
My Broadband was out yesterday for 4 hours at the shop....now I know why...the "Tech" assigned to come by had to make a "house-call" first...:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU)

http://comcast.com/images/LogoMasthead.gif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU)

gpfarrell
06-27-2006, 06:16 AM
I second the motion.

We recently moved about 3 miles up the road. 3 weeks after calling Comcast, our sevice still isn't right. For instance, they swapped Speed Channel for Bloomberg. After a fight - why is it always a fight? - got them to switch it back.

Latest goof-up... my wife called their "help" line Friday night; they couldn't fix it over the phone, so they scheduled a service call for Saturday afternoon... less than 18 hours later. Good, right?

Wrong. Wife wasn't home & I was working in the yard. Tech called our house and left a message that he was "trying to get a hold of us" but didn't leave a call back number.

I called Comcast... person that answered the phone tried to reach a dispatcher for 10 minutes... no luck.

No help.

More wasted time. Cable/Internet still isn't quite right.

Rescheduled for Friday. Again.

What really p1sses me off... we needed an amplifier for the signal which Comcast should have provided... rather than deal with them I found it easier to spend $49.95 on one... their bad service is training us to work around them, even if it costs us more. Grrrrrr.

STLR FN
06-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Comcast is definitely NOT Comcastic in my book. And why is it when you talk to different service reps you get different stories or answers? Aren't they all supposed to be on the same page?

dwasson
06-27-2006, 08:30 AM
A Comcast Tech on the Job. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU&search=comcast)

TAF
06-27-2006, 08:37 AM
A Comcast Tech on the Job. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU&search=comcast)

That's^^^where it should take you to when you "CLICK HERE" on my initial post...

I thought it was funny...and fitting....

STLR FN
06-27-2006, 08:42 AM
That's^^^where it should take you to when you "CLICK HERE" on my initial post...

I thought it was funny...and fitting....TAF I get the same vid when I click your link in your post as in Dans.

Marauderjack
06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Todd,

I used to have Charter and they were the "Only Show In Town" so I was stuck!! I had about 4 "Months From HELL" with them and their crap and then.......Along came Sprint DSL!!:beer:

Sprint is twice as fast at half the price and no problems....yet!!??:bows:

Good luck my friend!!:rolleyes:

BTW.....The "Pipes" are sounding BEAUTIFUL!!:banana:

Marauderjack:burnout:

KillJoy
06-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I believe a member here is employeed by COMCAST. Perhaps they will chime in w/ any assistance they can provide???

KillJoy

Petrograde
06-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I believe a member here is employeed by COMCAST. Perhaps they will chime in w/ any assistance they can provide???

KillJoy

yup,.. you are officially stirring the pot now. :P

MM03MOK
06-27-2006, 05:14 PM
What really p1sses me off... we needed an amplifier for the signal which Comcast should have provided... rather than deal with them I found it easier to spend $49.95 on one... their bad service is training us to work around them, even if it costs us more. Grrrrrr.If an amplifier is needed to provide the proper signal to the back of the set (because of a combination of active outlets and the length of the coax runs in the house), the customer can either purchase one from Comcast or supply their own. All internal wiring is owned and the responsibility of the homeowner.

Wrong. Wife wasn't home & I was working in the yard. Tech called our house and left a message that he was "trying to get a hold of us" but didn't leave a call back number.All service calls receive a pre-call to confirm the resident is home.

DEFYANT
06-27-2006, 05:18 PM
We have Armstrong Cable w/ high speed interenet now. So far, so good...

I do not miss Comcast at all.

KillJoy
06-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Can you pick the COMCAST representative? :D

KillJoy

MENINBLK
06-27-2006, 05:28 PM
You guys need to get CABLEVISION - ta da !!!

Optimum Online is 15/2...YES 15MB DOWN & 2 MB UP !!!

If you want SPEED, you can get 30 (THIRTY) MB DOWN
and 5 MB UP for an additional $10 !!!

Optimum Online / CableVision is the #1 rated Internet Service Provider in the US !!!

gpfarrell
07-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Our comcast saga continues.

After the tech no-showed last Saturday (and they never said they'd call in advance, and I was home, so if they've got a policy to pre-call, it's a rather dim-witted policy because all it confirmed is I can't hear the phone when I'm on the tractor), we got another tech yesterday.

He poked for a bit and said he'd be glad to give us a Comcast amp. He poked some more and saw that the conduit leading to our house had two cables in it, but only one was activated. By activating the second cable, we got twice as much signal to our house and no longer needed an amp. Why the original Comcast techs didn't do this is beyond me; we've got digital cable tv and comcast internet too... our bill is well north of $100 month so you'd think we'd be worth the trouble.

Anyhow, he said our (personally owned) modem was fine, and the problem we were still having even after his better wiring was caused by the lack of a certian signal in the cable. Being a residential guy, he couldn't fix this "system" problem. That was yesterday.

This morning, a "system" guy shows up (kudos on the quick response) to find the missing signal... he says it was there all along and doesn't know why the other guy couldn't find it. System guy recommend we get an amp... less than 18 hours after residential guy said we don't need an amp. Grrrrr.

Our internet still doesn't work right and we've been trying for 3 1/2 weeks now. Verizon's fiber optic cable is already run to our house... I think I might be getting a new e-mail address before long!

67435animal
07-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Our comcast saga continues.

After the tech no-showed last Saturday (and they never said they'd call in advance, and I was home, so if they've got a policy to pre-call, it's a rather dim-witted policy because all it confirmed is I can't hear the phone when I'm on the tractor), we got another tech yesterday.

He poked for a bit and said he'd be glad to give us a Comcast amp. He poked some more and saw that the conduit leading to our house had two cables in it, but only one was activated. By activating the second cable, we got twice as much signal to our house and no longer needed an amp. Why the original Comcast techs didn't do this is beyond me; we've got digital cable tv and comcast internet too... our bill is well north of $100 month so you'd think we'd be worth the trouble.

Anyhow, he said our (personally owned) modem was fine, and the problem we were still having even after his better wiring was caused by the lack of a certian signal in the cable. Being a residential guy, he couldn't fix this "system" problem. That was yesterday.

This morning, a "system" guy shows up (kudos on the quick response) to find the missing signal... he says it was there all along and doesn't know why the other guy couldn't find it. System guy recommend we get an amp... less than 18 hours after residential guy said we don't need an amp. Grrrrr.

Our internet still doesn't work right and we've been trying for 3 1/2 weeks now. Verizon's fiber optic cable is already run to our house... I think I might be getting a new e-mail address before long!

I bought three amps...one for each active outlet. They do make a difference. However, I was down last week for almost 12 hours and I could not geet an accurate explanation of what they were doing or when it would be fixed. It's not knowing that drives me crazy. And, I work from home so I rely on my cable connection.

My neighbor suggested I switch to Directv.

Silver_04
07-03-2006, 06:10 AM
My Broadband was out yesterday for 4 hours at the shop....now I know why...the "Tech" assigned to come by had to make a "house-call" first...:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU)

http://comcast.com/images/LogoMasthead.gif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU)

LOL. Comcast customer service sucks.

dwasson
07-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Couple says Cable Box Started Fire in Home
Last Update: 6/30/2006 9:38:03 PM

A Jacksonville couple is happy to be alive after they say their cable box caught fire overnight.

Resident Johnnie Cope says he woke up early Monday morning to find smoke everywhere in his home and his cable box on fire. Cope says it was up to him to get his wife and 5 dogs out of harms way. “47 years I've been married to this little girl, and I almost lost her."

Cope suffers from emphysema and moving around at all is a tough task for him. Since the fire, he says it's been just too much to handle physically and emotionally.

“I can't breath. I use this machine […] every hour. My wife is coughing, [and the] dogs are coughing," he says.

The Copes lost their computer and fax machine in the fire, which may not sound like a lot. But to a couple relying on social security, it's everything.

Cope says Comcast came out to their home a couple of times and took the cable box. But when it comes to helping them get their belongings replaced, they say the company is dragging its feet.

"They just don't care. Comcast has brushed us off. They could've killed my family,” Cope says.

However, you always hear ‘the customer comes first’ at Comcast, and the company says they're going to prove it. A Comcast company representative says as soon as they get the insurance report, something they are required to have in their hands, they will make sure the Cope’s gets what's owed to them.

"Our interest is making the Cope's as whole as possible,” says Bill Ferry with Comcast. “We're going to do that, and do whatever's necessary to do the right thing."

Comcast also says the boxes, like the one the Cope’s believe caught fire, are tested and are completely safe. They say this is an extremely rare case. In fact, representatives say if the box caught fire, it is one of the only cases

jgc61sr2002
07-03-2006, 06:52 PM
You guys need to get CABLEVISION - ta da !!!

Optimum Online is 15/2...YES 15MB DOWN & 2 MB UP !!!

If you want SPEED, you can get 30 (THIRTY) MB DOWN
and 5 MB UP for an additional $10 !!!

Optimum Online / CableVision is the #1 rated Internet Service Provider in the US !!!

I agree. :D That's what I have.