PDA

View Full Version : Just a few last words

Motorhead350
06-28-2006, 11:22 PM
"I" pay all of my bills and yes I agree that they should be paid. The car falling behind is not my fault and I know that. No I don't have a step mom it's just things are a little rough right now. I completely agree on the fact that my dad should FACE the issue rather then not pick up the phone because reputation is being lowered. My dad doesn't pay for all my stuff so don't any of you think I'm some bratty kid who doesn't have to pay for anything and I always get what I want.:nono: Everything aftermarket on both my cars I paid for myself even my trucks new crate engine that set me back over $5,000. That was 2 years of earnings for me. Should the car get repoed? Yea I'd say my dad deserves it and he bought it for me so it's my car..... not by law it is, but it's my daily driver and I'm the only one who uses it. I would be very mad if the car is gone, but hey you get what you deserve. The event thats coming up in a few weeks is more important then my car because I could get a carrier outta it and buy many more cars! I can buy 3 Marauders so I can be cool with all 3 blower companies...:D I'm sure theres more then 3 though. Maybe you guys are right that I should ask how much is owned, but I got a $8,500 bill to pay in 7 weeks and all I got right now is 2,200 with 3,200 on the way if all goes well on ebay. I wanna hide the car though because well no one wants their car gone especially when it's not their fault. The car wouldn't be gone forever just until things get settled. My dads credit is already shot and if no one knows it was I who hid the car then theres nothing for me to worry about. The repo men came to my house about a year ago about another car, but I had it 300 miles away at the time not knowing that someone was out for it.... thats why I fear it may happen again. In the end it really isn't "my" problem, but it'll be my loss. :bop:

Rider90
06-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Don't worry, you don't need to explain yourself here.

Motorhead350
06-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Well we know how some people are... just wanna clear this up thats all.

2003 MIB
06-29-2006, 03:24 AM
Well we know how some people are... just wanna clear this up thats all.

I don't think anyone thinks less of you for that thread, Motorhead. I think you were looking for advice and it came in buckets. It not much different than if you were having the same conversations with buddies over beer. You shouldn't feel slammed and I hope you don't- rather you should realize that this is a place advice flows pretty freely and people want you to benefit from their past mistakes and or experiences. Make sense?

martyo
06-29-2006, 04:58 AM
I think you were looking for advice...

It's fine to ask for advice (I highly recommend it) but some things should not be admitted to and posted on a public forum. When will my students learn the lessons I work so hard to teach them?

Haggis
06-29-2006, 05:01 AM
When will my students learn the lessons I work so hard to teach them?
Thank you Mr. Kotter.

MM03MOK
06-29-2006, 05:05 AM
Don't worry, you don't need to explain yourself here.

I don't think anyone thinks less of you for that thread, Motorhead. I think you were looking for advice and it came in buckets. It not much different than if you were having the same conversations with buddies over beer. You shouldn't feel slammed and I hope you don't- rather you should realize that this is a place advice flows pretty freely and people want you to benefit from their past mistakes and or experiences. Make sense?We don't need to continue to hash this out with Dominick, but it presents a point we all must understand.

Come here asking questions and looking for opinions, you're going to get answers and advice....good, bad and indifferent, from all angles. Take the responses into consideration or discard them. Yes, that's part of the "extended family feeling." If we didn't care, no one would respond, which brings up another point. If you only want to hear your one and only right answer or affirmation of your own opinion, think twice about posting to begin with. We all know what happens. Some things are better left private.

It's fine to ask for advice (I highly recommend it) but some things should not be admitted to and posted on a public forum. When will my students learn the lessons I work so hard to teach them?

^^^ What Marty said. ^^^

Haggis
06-29-2006, 05:15 AM
We don't need to continue to hash this out with Dominick, but it presents a point we all must understand.

Come here asking questions and looking for opinions, you're going to get answers and advice....good, bad and indifferent, from all angles. Take the responses into consideration or discard them. Yes, that's part of the "extended family feeling." If we didn't care, no one would respond, which brings up another point. If you only want to hear your one and only right answer or affirmation of your own opinion, think twice about posting to begin with. We all know what happens. Some things are better left private.

^^^ What Marty said. ^^^
Tough love!!!

2003 MIB
06-29-2006, 05:22 AM

That's why I PM'd you about that ointment.:D

SergntMac
06-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Sorry, but sometime the truth stings. No one here meant you any harm.

The only way you're going to keep this car, is to buy it from your father. Call the loan company and get the actual "payoff" to a clear title, then get your own loan and pay off your father's loan. This could be much cheaper than you would expect, know anyone in the used car business that could float the paperwork for you? Hell, the loan company calling you may be able to do this for you, they their want money, not your car. This is not a situation to stonewall, it won't go away.

Best wishes in what ever you decide.

DEFYANT
06-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Shucks.

And I thought this was going to be another "my LAST post" thread!

:D

MM03MOK
06-29-2006, 09:15 AM
"Drizzle, Drazzle, Drozzle, Drome, Time for this one to come home"