PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my 300Beast

troopcar
05-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Hey y'all,

This site is totally wonderful and you guys are terrific. Began visiting the site as I tracked the progress of the Marauder since I first read about it in USA Today back in February of '01.

Happy to say that the day has come. Picked up my black 300Beast from the dealer last week. He's just gorgeous. Strong and beautiful, impeccable manners hiding a totally rowdy nature. I'm still on cloud nine.

300Beast joins stablemates Caprice LT1 9C1 ('94) and an old Crown Vic ('91) with police package but civilian motor. Hope they all get along.

The MM is the first brand new car I've gotten since my 1987 Grand National.

By the way, I've always referred to my cars as "he." Please forgive me, I just can't help it. Must be a girl thing.

All the best,

troopcar

Menace
05-09-2003, 01:50 PM
My last brand new car was also an 87 Grand National.

chapel1
05-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Troopcar welcome to the fun house.:D

jgc61sr2002
05-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Troopcar - Welcome to the site. Enjoy the new ride. John:up:

WolfeBros
05-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Welcome Troopcar. Your new ride is in good company both here and in the garage.

jrzygrl
05-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah troop, girl we need to talk!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the purchase. You won't be sorry, driving this car is a RUSH!

deerejoe
05-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Last new car I had was a '59 Chevy Impala conv. 348 CI (tri-carb). 4 on the floor, 13K miles and it gave up the ghost...local drag strip (Kansas City) was more than GM had bargained for!!

Now have an 03 MM AND an 03 Dodge Ram 1500 with the HEMI.
How sweet it is!!
Ya'll keep smiling now, ya hear.

WolfeBros
05-09-2003, 06:14 PM
You gotta hemi in that right ?
Sweeet !!!:D

troopcar
05-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Thanks for your welcome messages!

Just received a form-type letter from the president of the dealership where I recently picked my MM 300B. He thanked me for the purchase of my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. Is that really what the dealers think of the Marauder? Or this person just particularly clueless? Does this mean I can hope to get a Grand Marquis jacket?

Anyone have a similar experience?

Marauderman
05-12-2003, 08:20 AM
First off--welcome aboard to a great source of MM data and fun bunch of folks---as for the dealer---well, this is your first of what may be unfortunate clueless results you will encounter with them..to wit--like you said--they're more than clueness...check with us or search our thread upper window before asking them anything-----

Marauderman
05-12-2003, 08:22 AM
meant "Search " box -upper left screen...still excited abiut getting my MM back--and still can't type --gotta work on those keys...

RF Overlord
05-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Welcome, troopcar...

^^^what marauderman said^^^

Your dealer's form-letter software probably doesn't have the word "Marauder" programmed into it...why bother if they only sell 1 or 2...

Plus, they're clueless... :lol:

Gotta respect a girl who owns a 9C1 AND a Marauder!! :D
Do you plan on doing any mods?

troopcar
05-12-2003, 08:54 AM
I knew what you meant! I've been surfing this forum for a few months. The info I learned here gave me the courage to keep looking for a dealer who would give me a good deal. My message to folks who haven't bought yet, but would like to, is to keep looking for a dealer who will sell at invoice minus any rebates. They're out there. (And I was being fussy: had to be black, 300B, dark charcoal interior, with heated seats.)

troopcar
05-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Overlord,

Thanks for your kind words. Not planning any mods at this time. Want to enjoy the Beast "as is" for now, and then play it by ear. Got to get to know him first right from the factory.

The 9C1 is a totally cool car IMHO. Such a fun car to drive. Some call it the poor man's Impala SS, but it's an awesome car in its own right. Can the sight of an SS on the highway make cars move over and slow down? Not sure, but a 9C1 can.

troopcar

bchapman
05-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Welcome, Troopcar! Enjoy your beautiful beast. And of course the stablemates will get along -- you're in charge!

jgc61sr2002
05-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by troopcar

Just received a form-type letter from the president of the dealership where I recently picked my MM 300B. He thanked me for the purchase of my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. Is that really what the dealers think of the Marauder? Or this person just particularly clueless? Does this mean I can hope to get a Grand Marquis jacket?

Anyone have a similar experience? troopcar Received a similar letter from FMC. The 2003 Marauder and Grand Marquis share their vin # sequence and therefore they think it is a GM. It is my understanding that the 2004 MM will have it's own VIN #. John:up:

amerikan
05-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by troopcar

Anyone have a similar experience?

i called the dealership to check up how the service is going, they said " you own a grand marquis right"

Mercury_Rising
05-12-2003, 11:07 PM
Welcome Troopcar,

This is a great site for any info you need on the Marauder. I also "observed" for awhile before I made my purchase 2 weeks ago. Now we are part of the Marauder family.

Good luck with the new car and enjoy!

Jay
Mercury_Rising
'03 Black 300A
CD changer

duhtroll
05-13-2003, 06:11 AM
Hey - kept the original key tags from the dealership. Both here and on the price sheet I was given it reads "Grand Marquis - Black"

Therefore, when I reup my insurance (had to insure the MM for 9 days until I switch companies for cheaper rates) I intend to insure my new "Grand Marquis."

Heck, if they are going to call it at GM, I am too! Maybe it will save me a few bucks!

:up: :up: :up:

-A

MAD-3R
05-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Carefull. IF there is an altercation, you don't want them to reemburace you with a Grand Marque.

duhtroll
05-13-2003, 06:18 AM
As long as it's a black one with the same specs as this one, I won't mind!

:lol:

After all, even though there is always a price loss in replacing a car, every effort is supposed to be made to replace to the exact specs of the original, right?

So they have to find me a black GM with the MM specs . . ..

-A

troopcar
05-13-2003, 06:59 AM
My insurance company knew immediately from the VIN that it was a Marauder. So they hit me with the performance motor surcharge (as they also did with the 9C1). BUT, if anything were to happen, they could not say that it's a Grand Marquis. So, MAD-3R, you're right. It works both ways!

MAD-3R
05-13-2003, 07:07 AM
Thank you. Flatery will get you anywhere.